Five Burning Questions for a Long Weekend 5/22/15

X. Benedict

1.     In hockey 9 times out of 10 what you see at face value is what it is. – Tim Murray         (True or False?)

2.    In the wake of Babcock signing with the Tront, Dan Bylsma is the coach that would bring Buffalo the most league-wide credibility.  (Agree or Disagree)

3.   Do something with  #21 in the 2015 Draft.        Choose one:      (A) Take Pick, B)Trade Up, C) Trade for Player

4.    What are the odds of Terry Pegula resurrecting a 2017 version of the Empire Network     (as a percentage % chance).

5.     What recently successful NHL franchise is at the beginning of a downward trajectory?      (Name Team)

Edited by X. Benedict

1. False, I think it is more like 50%

Agree, he's a solid coach who actually has more wins over the last 5 years and more series wins

B, contrary to what some may think our defense is thin and trading up would allow to get a very good LHD for that cup run in 3-5 years

1% He would have to get the Bisons in on it and the local colleges.  It would be a lot of money for little reward

Boston is the popular answer so I will say Montreal.  They rely heavily on Carey Price and have several weak spots up front and their defense has some questions going forward as well.  If you look at their prospects list they have very little high end talent coming in to replace it.  A lot of their prospects are not top 6 guys or I should say projected.  How long can they live off of Carey Price?

1.     In hockey 9 times out of 10 what you see at face value is what it is. – Tim Murray         (True or False?)

2.    In the wake of Babcock signing with the Tront, Dan Bylsma is the coach that would bring Buffalo the most league-wide credibility.  (Agree or Disagree)

3.   Do something with  #21 in the 2015 Draft.        Choose one:      (A) Take Pick, B)Trade Up, C) Trade for Player

4.    What are the odds of Terry Pegula resurrecting a 2017 version of the Empire Network     (as a percentage % chance).

5.     What recently successful NHL franchise is at the beginning of a downward trajectory?      (Name Team)

False.

Credibility?  Sure.  But I don't think that makes him the best coach for this team.

Player.

Roughly zero.

There are more than a few that come to mind:  SJ, Vancouver, Detroit, Boston.

1.     In hockey 9 times out of 10 what you see at face value is what it is. – Tim Murray        

False

2.    In the wake of Babcock signing with the Tront, Dan Bylsma is the coach that would bring Buffalo the most league-wide credibility.  

Disagree.  Furthermore, it's more important they find the right coach instead of worrying about hiring someone that will get them some league wide accolades

Make the pick at 21

4.    What are the odds of Terry Pegula resurrecting a 2017 version of the Empire Network

10%.  I think it is much more important that they find a way to get some portion of their games televised in Southern Ontario   

5.     What recently successful NHL franchise is at the beginning of a downward trajectory? 

San Jose

Edited by LabattBlue

False I'd say its more 65%

Unsure,

B  Trade up to the early teens

5-10% It would air Bisons, Sabres, Bills, Amerks, college games 

Boston and San Jose

1. True

2. Agree - most credibility, maybe not best coach/most likely.

3. My Webster contest says trade it for player, so i'm sticking with that.

4. 5%. It's not happening due to start-up costs/barrier to entry

5. Boston (and it feels so good)

True

Agree

Package for player

25%

Boston

FALSE -- this GMTM quote related, I believe, to the Babcock negotiations.  In these situations, I think that once decisions have been made, the parties spin the story to make everyone seem friendly and ethical, when that is frequently not the case.

AGREE -- but I don't think offseason events are nearly as important to league-wide credibility as what happens on the ice in-season.

TRADE FOR PLAYER

75% -- Until recently I would have said 10% or less, but I think there was a recent announcement about them reevaluating the Bills and Sabres media deals.  I think they know the people want a dedicated WNY sports channel and they are going to figure out some way to put one together that doesn't lose too much $$.  For our resident conspiracy theorists, it will also facilitate their ongoing takeover of WNY's hearts and minds.

Boston and San Jose

1.     In hockey 9 times out of 10 what you see at face value is what it is. – Tim Murray         (True or False?)

More like 75%

2.    In the wake of Babcock signing with the Tront, Dan Bylsma is the coach that would bring Buffalo the most league-wide credibility.  (Agree or Disagree)

False

(B) Trade Up. Tons of good talent in this draft.

50%

Vancouver

1. True

2. Mostly agree unless Julien or Hitch get canned.

3. Trade

4. 2017? 25% - 2018? 90%

5. Toronto :lol:

Edited by beerme1

1. In hockey 9 times out of 10 what you see at face value is what it is. – Tim Murray (True or False?)

2. In the wake of Babcock signing with the Tront, Dan Bylsma is the coach that would bring Buffalo the most league-wide credibility. (Agree or Disagree)

3. Do something with #21 in the 2015 Draft. Choose one: (A) Take Pick, B)Trade Up, C) Trade for Player

4. What are the odds of Terry Pegula resurrecting a 2017 version of the Empire Network (as a percentage % chance).

5. What recently successful NHL franchise is at the beginning of a downward trajectory? (Name Team)

1.) False. Murray kind of qualified that by saying "maybe I shouldn't say this but..."

2.) Disagree only because it is not a question of credibility.

3.) Trade it for a player, preferably as part of a package for O'Reilly.

4.) 100%, but maybe not by 2017. I think it will be sooner.

5.) Boston

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.