The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Regarding the multiple-thread issue:  when the Wawrow thread appeared, I considered merging it into this one, but decided against it because this one considers all coaching possibilities while that one is Babcock-only.

Once we have a resolution on Babcock, the prediction thread will be closed, and if we get the right answer on Babcock, this thread will be closed as well.  Until then, I think there are valid reasons to keep them all going.

Please PM PAFan with all thoughts on this issue.

Can we change the Warow thread title to Babcock watch or something?  It has morphed well beyond that original tweet.

Toronto and Buffalo in bidding war for Babcock. No decision yet. Hearing Red Wings final offer was 5 years at $4 million per.

I have an enormous amount of respect for Dreger and he's one of my favorites - but I'm not buying this.

I think there is an announcement for the Sabres today.

With Babcock likely to Toronto and Blashill likely getting promoted in Detroit the attention seems like it will obviously turn to Richardson and Bylsma.

Might as well talk to other coaches as well.   Not really a fan of Bylsma myself.

Also, this will be the first time since July 21, 1997 that the Sabres didn't hire the first and only coaching candidate they talked to.

And the week of the 8 year anniversary of Drury and Briere final game in Buffalo.