The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Wait.... are you propositioning me?

:blush:

Sweet mother of Gawd!

Can we go back to the beginning?  

The idea here is to discuss whether or not Babcock will become the new coach of the Sabres.

I hope he will be.  I think we will find out by this time tomorrow!

I'm a Sabres fan and have watched them closely since the late 1970s.  I hope you are a Sabres fan too!

I think we both want to see the Sabres win a lot of hockey games and win the Stanley Cup.

I think Mike Babcock would help us do that.

Krupp,

Ya dun goofed, admit it or stop talking about it so I can stop hearing all of this in a thread I'm excited about. It's hard starting to post here, because until people know you some things you'll say will invariably come off the wrong way. I think you have some very good posts here so far, don't take it the wrong way if someone calls you out on something. You can defend it, or just admit you're wrong.

Really though, can we cut the ? It's annoying going through this thread for actual conversation and reading all of this. 

Wildcats!

1985 :blush:

And don't trust D4rk. He's a...... whatinthehell are Lancasterers calling themselves these days?

Yupnecks. We here in Lancaster believe in white rights and hey do you want to take over the lease on my beemer?

I going to sound like Drane here, but he makes good points: with Babcock it's all about system and discipline.

• Babcock is an overbearing authority figure; Kane is his own man to a fault. If each sees the other as a meal ticket, then no problem. If they test each others boundaries...
  • I have no doubt Ennis will do what he's told, I just think Ennis is at his best when he is being unpredictable and he might end up looking more like Rolston Ennis than Nolan Ennis.
  • Bogo was anointed as lead dog by Nolan and was doing as he pleased, charging all over the ice like a stallion. He also has a history of bad penalties. Bad gambles and bad penalties aren't tolerated under Babcock.

I think and hope Babcock is a smart enough coach to play these guys to their strengths. But make no mistake, he will be laying down the law. Hard.

Good stuff. I vehemently disagree regarding Ennis, but then again, I'm one of a teeny tiny minority who doesn't think he was much different this year than in years past, so I may just be out to lunch on that.

In terms of another full season in AHL:

Big Z: no.

Eichel: no.

Reinhart: more questionable but likely no.

At least that's my 2 cents.

Wo! What? You think Zadorov has a 75% chance to be in a different organization?

He is 1/2 of our future shutdown defensive pairing.

Curious why you say that.

Didn't say 75% chance he would be in different organization. Said 75% chance he would be in Rochester OR a different organization. I think he could be part of a draft day trade for another top 6 winger.

Krupp,

Ya dun goofed, admit it or stop talking about it so I can stop hearing all of this ###### in a thread I'm excited about. It's hard starting to post here, because until people know you some things you'll say will invariably come off the wrong way. I think you have some very good posts here so far, don't take it the wrong way if someone calls you out on something. You can defend it, or just admit you're wrong.

Really though, can we cut the ######? It's annoying going through this thread for actual conversation and reading all of this. 

Hey, back off.  I don't get propositioned every night you know.

Krupp,

Ya dun goofed, admit it or stop talking about it so I can stop hearing all of this ###### in a thread I'm excited about. It's hard starting to post here, because until people know you some things you'll say will invariably come off the wrong way. I think you have some very good posts here so far, don't take it the wrong way if someone calls you out on something. You can defend it, or just admit you're wrong.

Really though, can we cut the ######? It's annoying going through this thread for actual conversation and reading all of this. 

I don't disagree at all.  Did you see my post above?

It was post #1627 (LOL)...

You strike me as shockingly young, naive, or both.  

That's cool.

You have to remember that people on forums like this come from disparate walks of life.

Not everyone has experience dealing with all sorts of different things.

I hope this doesn't come across as me piling on, or being part of the gang, but this board is like any community, it has its own culture.

Maybe you are used to other message board cultures, but ours facilitates the best Sabre talk you will find on the internet.

You seem like an informed fan and I don't think you are deliberately meaning to insult anybody.

Hit the reset button and welcome aboard.

I think Risto if anyone will learn the most from Babcock. 

This is the most exciting thing about this possible hire. Norris Trophy excitement.

And we couldn't ask for a coach who will better appreciate Sam Reinhart.

Edited by dudacek

You strike me as shockingly young, naive, or both.

That's cool.

yo, nfreeman's a mod, and is very intelligent, very wise/experienced in all areas of life and hockey, from what I've read from him over the years, and brings a lot to discussion here. A lot a lot. If you want young and naive, qwk, Hoss, WildCard, and I are your guys. I should add liger too but he's older than us by a bit. Edited by Randall Flagg

Didn't say 75% chance he would be in different organization. Said 75% chance he would be in Rochester OR a different organization. I think he could be part of a draft day trade for another top 6 winger.

Well that's interesting! 

Here is an interesting point during the tumult that is the rebuild around here:

At some point, we have to convert high draft picks, trades, prospects, free agent signings and all of the general "opportunity" around here into flesh and blood that plays night in and night out on the ice.

It is an interesting question to ask who you (or anyone) thinks we have "in the bank" at this point in time.

I would put "Big Z" near the top of that list, right behind Risto, and ahead of Pysyk (as far as the D is concerned).

So you think Zadorov is expendable I guess.  That's interesting to me. 

yo, nfreeman's a mod, and is very intelligent, very wise/experienced in all areas of life and hockey, from what I've read from him over the years, and brings a lot to discussion here. A lot a lot. If you want young and naive, qwk, Hoss, WildCard, and I are your guys. I should add liger too but he's older than us by a bit.

And Liger. And like seven others.

Can we just have a legitimate thread where everybody comes together and virtually hugs and we all get to hit the reset button? Once you ###### up, like Krupp is right now (and I did for my first 10,802 posts), nobody forgets it and you just the eternal scarlet letter. If posters were given a legitimate shot to have a clean slate across the board then they might not lash out so much.

(I'm basically just talking about myself. I want a hug)

Edited by Hoss

yo, nfreeman's a mod, and is very intelligent, very wise/experienced in all areas of life and hockey, from what I've read from him over the years, and brings a lot to discussion here. A lot a lot. If you want young and naive, qwk, Hoss, WildCard, and I are your guys. I should add liger too but he's older than us by a bit.

Yeah, but Liger's a special case.

Can we just have a legitimate thread where everybody comes together and virtually hugs and we all get to hit the reset button? Once you ###### up, like Krupp is right now (and I did for my first 10,802 posts), nobody forgets it and you just the eternal scarlet letter. If posters were given a legitimate shot to have a clean slate across the board then they might not lash out so much.

Wow.  2 propositions in one evening.  It's like old Chippewa Street!

I'm in on operation "RESET" and let's hope Babcock comes here.

I think most here think he is a great coach and the best we could hire to replace Nolan.

Yes?

Also, although we are hearing mixed signals, it sounds like there is at least a 50% chance that he does in fact come here!

This whole conversation is going to move far forward tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to it. 

Hey if Krupp wants I can bring back another installment of the SS SmackDown. I'll happily engage this German artillery in a battle of typing speed to see who can out shitpost another for each other's point. I only need 18k more to catch D4rk and become the Internet King, or 7k more to catch Hoss and become (insert something that won't make Hoss mad here  :P )

ric-flair-woo-gif.gif

Edited by WildCard

Wow.  2 propositions in one evening.  It's like old Chippewa Street!

Who wouldn't like that, eh?

Hey if Krupp wants I can bring back another installment of the SS SmackDown. I'll happily engage this German artillery in a battle of typing speed to see who can out shitpost another for each other's point. I only need 18k more to catch D4rk and become the Internet King, or 7k more to catch Hoss and become (insert something that won't make Hoss mad here)

ric-flair-woo-gif.gif

You sure about that?

My guns are made by Rheinmetall and my optics are made by Zeiss.

You're dead meat before the fight starts.

You want in?

EDIT:  That was a joke Wildcard!  You were the first person at this forum to welcome me and I love you like a brother.  Well, that's not really true.   But no hard feelings!

Edited by Kruppstahl

Who wouldn't like that, eh?

You sure about that?

My guns are made by Rheinmetall and my optics are made by Zeiss.

You're dead meat before the fight starts.

You want in?

Tiss the jungle brother, the only guns allowed are these ones.

Hulk-Hogan-Swim-Flex-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

Have you seen Hoss?  It's a backhanded compliment for sure.

No, I haven't.

Are you suggesting Hoss is less than sexually desirable?

Tiss the jungle brother, the only guns allowed are these ones.

Hulk-Hogan-Swim-Flex-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

Well, I can't compete with that!

I'm tapping out!

in the last 30 minutes or so, I just checked in on this thread for the first time since around 4. Needless to say, my head hurts.

Hopefully we can get back to talk of possible nicknames. We need something new that will be far worse than "Oreo".