GDT Sabres at Blue Jackets 4-10-2015 7PM MSG WGR

Brawndo

I stopped checking the thread after the 2nd period. Just went through and reviewed all the comments. Two comments:

Thank you for all the comic relief. Some good stuff in there.

And to the anti-tankers: Thanks for putting up with us for the duration of the season. I think you have a fan base that is on the same page now -- let's never lose another game, starting by knocking the Pens out of the playoffs.

One last question, and I don't want it to be a new thread, but:

Did Ennis take a dive on the empty netter? Didn't seem like he had enough speed or tight of a cut to fall and leave the puck in perfect position for C-bus. Regardless, and maybe even more so, he is my 2014-15 MVP.

I stopped checking the thread after the 2nd period. Just went through and reviewed all the comments. Two comments:

Thank you for all the comic relief. Some good stuff in there.

And to the anti-tankers: Thanks for putting up with us for the duration of the season. I think you have a fan base that is on the same page now -- let's never lose another game, starting by knocking the Pens out of the playoffs.

One last question, and I don't want it to be a new thread, but:

Did Ennis take a dive on the empty netter? Didn't seem like he had enough speed or tight of a cut to fall and leave the puck in perfect position for C-bus. Regardless, and maybe even more so, he is my 2014-15 MVP.

Not a chance. Here's a team that wasn't  very good to start off with and "lost" some of its best players. TMGM did a masterful job of tanking while allowing the players that remained to fight for every inch. I'm understanding of the GM's actions but proud of how the players fought. The best thing is, that after tonight we can all just be Sabres fans. 

Too bad, so sad.

I had hoped that your Cats would get the lottery win if my Sabres don't, but based on that attitude, blank 'em.

Note I said 'some'. I'm not going to name any names, but you're not one of them.  ;)

And there is no 'my' and 'your'. The Sabres are my team and always will be my team. 

In Ted Nolans post game presser he said the guys battled hard but unfortunately a couple of the guys don't and they are the ones costing us. Any ideas who he would be talking about ?

Zadorov. He was weak in his own zone... Which is pretty much what he does every night at this point. Really hoping he gets his ass focused this offseason.

In Ted Nolans post game presser he said the guys battled hard but unfortunately a couple of the guys don't and they are the ones costing us. Any ideas who he would be talking about ?

Seriously? What a douche. Bogosian had a rough game and so did Mesz, but gimme s break... To call guys out at this stage is why he won't be here next season.

Zadorov. He was weak in his own zone... Which is pretty much what he does every night at this point. Really hoping he gets his ass focused this offseason.

That makes sense. How about the second player ? I only listened to the game so I'm in no position to know.

Seriously? What a douche. Bogosian had a rough game and so did Mesz, but gimme s break... To call guys out at this stage is why he won't be here next season.

Yeah i was pretty pissed about the way he calls them out to, but I'm still on the fence if he should stay or not.

I have no problem with what he said. He didn't call anyone out by name. These guys are pros. They should all work hard. 

I have no problem with what he said. He didn't call anyone out by name. These guys are pros. They should all work hard. 

I don't have a problem with him calling players out, in theory, but I'd rather it be behind closed doors.

Furthermore, what bothers me is that he cites the couple players who, in his mind, didn't give it their all as the reason why they lost, when two quotes before that in the write up I read, he says they lost because they just couldn't match the skill level of the Columbus players. So which is it? Clearly they lost most games this year because their talent level as a whole just didn't match up against the opponent on most nights, and he knows this.

Seems disingenuous to then blame a couple individuals for the loss.

Pretty sure he'll be in rochester next year.

I would package him in a trade.  Let someone else fix him while they still believe he will be elite.  Much better return.

Note I said 'some'. I'm not going to name any names, but you're not one of them.  ;)

And there is no 'my' and 'your'. The Sabres are my team and always will be my team.

Thanks. Sorry 'bout that. Somehow that just struck me the wrong way. :doh:

To the bolded: :thumbsup:

Regards. :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.