2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

No no no no. You are going to be drafting a top pair Dman who will be a cornerstone for 10 - 12 years. your probably not going to get that back in a trade.

Depending how things shake out, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dmen are gone when we pick. Could end up in Keller/McLeod territory.

Depending how things shake out, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dmen are gone when we pick. Could end up in Keller/McLeod territory.

How much do people think it would take to move up from 8 to 5? IF TM sees a significant dropoff about that many slots above the Sabres pick, could definitely see him trying to step up.

Not 1 hotel in downtown buffalo that I can get a room for the draft. I live 4 hours away and usually stay at Adams mark. Anyone know of hotels that are really close to downtown that I might have not check out for June 24th and 25th?

Did you check the Doubletree on the medical campus?  Lots of people forget that it's there.

Not 1 hotel in downtown buffalo that I can get a room for the draft. I live 4 hours away and usually stay at Adams mark. Anyone know of hotels that are really close to downtown that I might have not check out for June 24th and 25th?

Try Airbnb.

Just take a look at Toronto's defense. Well Stamkos and Matthews would make them much better it doesnt help their gt or defense situation.

As for leaf fans at the draft... it's the draft, there is always out of town fans.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Rielly may not be as good as Risto, but I'd still take him over any of our other defenders. Maybe Gardiner too. Their depth may not look so hot, but those two can play in my top-4.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Rielly may not be as good as Risto, but I'd still take him over any of our other defenders. Maybe Gardiner too. Their depth may not look so hot, but those two can play in my top-4.

I'd also say it's not a given that Rielly isn't/won't be as good as Risto, or even better.

No no no no. You are going to be drafting a top pair Dman who will be a cornerstone for 10 - 12 years. your probably not going to get that back in a trade.

Ya, probably depends who'd be available when picking. If the big 3 D are off the board, would be inclined to package the pick for immediate D help if possible. As that cornerstone D probably isn't available there, anymore.

What really needs to happen is since we lost both lotteries the last two drafts it would be nice if we won it this year. It would only be fitting.

Karma owes us a couple as a city quite frankly.

Although I understand the sentiment, realistically it wouldn't really be fitting or "owed karma" for us to win the lottery this year, as it wasn't likely we were going to win either of the last two years, at the time those lotteries happened. The odds were always FAR more likely we weren't going to pick first, even finishing last. We didn't "lose" those lotteries. We just weren't the lucky team selected to pick first.

Oh the leafs will definitely be good sooner rather than later but I don't think we will see them overtake the Sabres next year unless they address some of their GT and Defensive issues. It is still a long shot for them to get Matthews and Stamkos. We will have to wait and see. Also I welcome a rivalry with Toronto.

Keep in mind that as the leafs work to improve this summer, Tim Murray will be doing the same. I sense a trade for a defender is going to happen.

Edited by LGR4GM

Ya, probably depends who'd be available when picking. If the big 3 D are off the board, would be inclined to package the pick for immediate D help if possible. As that cornerstone D probably isn't available there, anymore.

A

Even if Sabres draft 9th and all 3Dmen are taken. That would mean that one of Tkachuk, Dubios, or Nylander is on the board.

Im pretty confident someone will be looking for a centre and either McLeod or Keller (possibly both) go in the top 10.                                                   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.