2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

This is nothing more than posturing to get a larger haul. All it may take is the #1 plus another player. With DR there, maybe they'll go for #1 pick plus Pysyk. And don't forget the person who ultimately makes the final decision. It's in the owner's best interest to get Matthews there.

Darcy is no longer there

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2016/02/02/assistant-gm-darcy-regier-leaving-arizona-coyotes-personal-reasons/79729836/

We weren't sure he was available prior to those statement, I'm not so sure this is a bluff.

If we land Matthews, I'd look at Reilly + Marner/Nylander and the Leafs pick for Matthews and Girgs/Bogo

Not sure if that actually works though

Gonna cost a lot more than that I think for Reilly and Marner, who I would prefer just because I always liked him. Probably Matthews/Girgs/Pysyk/??? for Reilly/Marner. Still a move I make though, Reilly is an offensive LHD and Marner could be the next Patrick Kane, he's a stud. 

We weren't sure he was available prior to those statement, I'm not so sure this is a bluff.

If we land Matthews, I'd look at Reilly + Marner/Nylander and the Leafs pick for Matthews and Girgs/Bogo

Not sure if that actually works though

I don't think the Leafs would do that even without their pick thrown in there.

Would you trade Risto and Reinhart for Eichel?

Easily. Jack is not replaceable, just like Matthews isn't

I don't think the Leafs would do that even without their pick thrown in there.

Really? Franchise centerman and a 3rd line center for 2 top prospects?

Reilly isn't a prospect at this point, he's definitely an NHLer. 

Somthing else https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/status/714209953750392832Yak asked for permission to speak with teams before deadline

If we don't have Jack right now, would you trade Sam and Risto and pick 2, 3, or 4 in this draft for Matthews and an expensive 4th dman or a forward who has like five goals this year?.

Edit: and I still wouldn't do just Sam and Risto for that, going off of what I said the leafs wouldn't do

Edited by Randall Flagg

If we don't have Jack right now, would you trade Sam and Risto and pick 2, 3, or 4 in this draft for Matthews and an expensive 4th dman or a forward who has like five goals this year?.

Edit: and I still wouldn't do just Sam and Risto for that, going off of what I said the leafs wouldn't do

Take the Leaf's pick out of it. I 100% trade Risto and Reinhart for Matthews if we didn't have Jack. Especially if I have the #3 pick too, and can just grab a defender to replace Risto anyways, or a forward to replace Reinart. Easy win

Any ideas? I wouldn't mind PK or Muzzin

Muzzin isn't worthy of the number one pick without having a top 7 pick coming back.  I don't bite on that at all.  If Montreal wants to send their best skater to Buffalo by all means.  I'd love to have PK Subban as a Sabre.  The dude is amazing.  I would rather have PK Subban than Steven Stamkos. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

Muzzin isn't worthy of the number one pick without having a top 7 pick coming back.  I don't bite on that at all.  If Montreal wants to send their best skater to Buffalo by all means.  I'd love to have PK Subban as a Sabre.  The dude is amazing.  I would rather have PK Subban than Steven Stamkos. 

Agreed.

Risto and Samson>>> Matthews. The fact that some of you think it's the other way around is just mind boggling. I'm sorry, but Samson is just as important to this rebuild as Jack is.

I'm surprised seeing so many feel the opposite of this as well. 

Risto and Samson>>> Matthews. The fact that some of you think it's the other way around is just mind boggling. I'm sorry, but Samson is just as important to this rebuild as Jack is.

I don't think Samson is nearly as important to this rebuild as Jack is. We would have tanked again this year without Jack

I don't think Samson is nearly as important to this rebuild as Jack is. We would have tanked again this year without Jack

True but we would have also tanked harder again this year without Reinhart.  Really depends on what we got instead. Eichel is definitely a more talented player than Samson but I think we need both.

Take the Leaf's pick out of it. I 100% trade Risto and Reinhart for Matthews if we didn't have Jack. Especially if I have the #3 pick too, and just grab a defender to replace Risto anyways, or a forward to replace Reinart. Easy win

Have the Sabres had a player like Risto - who combines offence, defence and edge - in their history?

Korab maybe, but Risto has more upside.

I'm not sure Matthews will have a better career than Sam.

Eric Lindros had superior tools, but did he have a better career than Igor Larionov?

Everybody here loves Sam, but I don't think we have quite gathered how good he might be.

Risto and Samson > Eichel > Risto ~ Samson

I would take Eichel over any other individual on this team, but we're talking about a 1st pair Dman and a 1st line forward. That changes the calculus quite a bit to me, although it really depends how you feel about the gap between each talent. If Reinhart is in the Toews/Kopitar/Bergeron league and Risto Seabrook, I think you'd be hard pressed to convince me Eichel is the better option even if he ends up being as good as say Malkin. But if Reinhart is closer to Krejci than Bergeron and Risto more Hjalmarsson than Seabrook, it's a different conversation.

I like Sam, Risto and Jack. I want to keep them all. I will point out that opposing teams only game plan to stop one of them. I think having game changing skill is a differentiator. Sam will do wonderful things but he will need the requisite talent on his line to execute. When it is all said and done he may have better career numbers. But the fear factor goes to Jack at this point.

Jack is clearly more talented than Sam, but he's not smarter and he may not be more competitive.

They are both smarter and more competitive than Matthews.

Jack is better now then Sam and he should have a better career.

I realize I am in the minority, but I like Sam better then Matthews.

Risto and Samson > Eichel > Risto ~ Samson

I would take Eichel over any other individual on this team, but we're talking about a 1st pair Dman and a 1st line forward. That changes the calculus quite a bit to me, although it really depends how you feel about the gap between each talent. If Reinhart is in the Toews/Kopitar/Bergeron league and Risto Seabrook, I think you'd be hard pressed to convince me Eichel is the better option even if he ends up being as good as say Malkin. But if Reinhart is closer to Krejci than Bergeron and Risto more Hjalmarsson than Seabrook, it's a different conversation.

What do you have more faith in happening? Eichel -> ....(is there really a comparable for him? Is it....Stamkos?) or Reinhart/Risto --> Bergeron/Keith?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.