2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

I'm leaning the same way, it would be very tempting to take a D-man if we are drafting around that spot. I don't think Bailey will be the winger on a potential line with Eichel and Reinhart though, as he plays RW.

He also doesn't have the hands to play at their pace. Bailey is a Foligno replacement down the road. I don't see him in the top 6.

But he also stated that there is a clear gap between the top 3 and the rest of the next 9 it 10 and then another gap after that

The top 3 will likely contribute next year. I don't see that after that. Most look like they need seasoning before making the jump.

Murray says draft drops after three but four to early teens will net a top-six forward top-3 defence man.

(Plus lots of other stuff)

http://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.net/1268191/114160834/3-18-tim-murray-with-schopp-and-the-bulldog-114160834.mp3?rhihttphost=media.wgr550.com

Paraphrasing: 'Of course you want to win the lottery. Doesn't mean you want Matthews, you just want control' 

Thinks can still change, of course, but I get the impression that if we don't lottery luck our way into Matthews or a Finn, that Murray doesn't especially care if we end up 4th or 10th. If that second tier really is 6-8 players deep, I think that's pretty great news for us as we're nearly guaranteed to be drafting in the top 10. If drafting 8th is as good as 4th this year? Awesome, as that's not always the case.

Draft Profile of Dubois from Cape Breton. 

Real possibility that he is a top 10 pick and potentially could go as high as 5th.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pierre-luc+dubois&&view=detail&mid=4F1C4CD3DA5C0D69210D4F1C4CD3DA5C0D69210D&rvsmid=F040E2E215BDE42D41E8F040E2E215BDE42D41E8&FORM=VDFSRV&fsscr=0

Looks like 4 is now becoming a possibility for Dubois. Not sure if his suspension and potentially missing some/all of the play-offs will drop him back down or not

Good News for those of us who want a LHD with the first pick:

In the past couple of weeks, I've had a few NHL scouts suggest WDR's Mikhail Sergachev is making a push to be top D in 2016 draft class

Hopefully one of my 5 favorites are around when the Sabres draft - Dubios, Tkachuk and the 3 Dmen. Used to think it was a slam-dunk that one would be available, not so sure anymore.

Edited by Crusader1969

Well, . There goes that idea.

Any other puck-moving phenom d-men that we could move Matthews for if we, miraculously, land him? Subban? Karlsson? 

The last one is a joke

This is nothing more than posturing to get a larger haul. All it may take is the #1 plus another player. With DR there, maybe they'll go for #1 pick plus Pysyk. And don't forget the person who ultimately makes the final decision. It's in the owner's best interest to get Matthews there.

Edited by kas23

Well, ######. There goes that idea.

Any other puck-moving phenom d-men that we could move Matthews for if we, miraculously, land him? Subban? Karlsson? 

The last one is a joke

Or its maloney being maloney and driving up the price to get him :p

Or its maloney being maloney and driving up the price to get him :p

We weren't sure he was available prior to those statement, I'm not so sure this is a bluff.

If we land Matthews, I'd look at Reilly + Marner/Nylander and the Leafs pick for Matthews and Girgs/Bogo

Not sure if that actually works though

Without some lottery luck we will be picking 6-9. We're looking at one of the D- men as an option. Just so happens they are all left shooting.

I'd still like one of the Finns and find a top 2 D-man in another transaction.

If we're drafting 6-9, we're probably looking at Sergachev, Juolevi, Dubois, or McLeod.  Tough to be unhappy with any of those guys.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.