Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

So, Armia got sent back down and has played 2 or 3 games with the Moose without getting a minute of ice time with the Jets...now, they have demoted Lowry to the Moose and need to call so me one up and so me people think it will be Armia. The player called up will, in all likelihood, play.

Myers pinched in the 3rd of a tie game last night (Tuesday) and cost us the winning goal....I was swearing at him before the Blues made our zone. It would be nice to have Hamonic playing for the Jets. Our RHD are all to O oriented although Buff is better at D than most people give him credit for.

Staf has been playing well all year, especially since moving up to the 2nd line with Scheifele and Perreault. He is on pace for 45 points but I am guessing he will get about 38-40. That line has been our best for the last 10 or so games.

Roslovic is playing really well and many hockey analysts are wondering why he wasn't invited to to the USA Junior camp. He plays for the U of Miami in Ohio and has 16 points in 16 games. Last year he played on a line with Mathew Tkachuk and Auston Matthews.

Lemieux has been traded to Windsor and I really don't see him much higher than a good 4th line winger that can fill in in a pinch on the 3rd line. He'd have to improve his skating ti move higher up the lines though. He has good hands from what I have seen and plays a real get under your skin kind of role. He'll probably play in the AHL for a year or two before moving up. I'm not even sure why but I don't like him....it's not the color of his hair either....

Edited by Ducky

So, Armia got sent back down and has played 2 or 3 games with the Moose without getting a minute of ice time with the Jets...now, they have demoted Lowry to the Moose and need to call so me one up and so me people think it will be Armia. The player called up will, in all likelihood, play.

Myers pinched in the 3rd of a tie game last night (Tuesday) and cost us the winning goal....I was swearing at him before the Blues made our zone. It would be nice to have Hamonic playing for the Jets. Our RHD are all to O oriented although Buff is better at D than most people give him credit for.

Staf has been playing well all year, especially since moving up to the 2nd line with Scheifele and Perreault. He is on pace for 45 points but I am guessing he will get about 38-40. That line has been our best for the last 10 or so games.

Roslovic is playing really well and many hockey analysts are wondering why he wasn't invited to to the USA Junior camp. He plays for the U of Miami in Ohio and has 16 points in 16 games. Last year he played on a line with Mathew Tkachuk and Auston Matthews.

Lemieux has been traded to Windsor and I really don't see him much higher than a good 4th line winger that can fill in in a pinch on the 3rd line. He'd have to improve his skating ti move higher up the lines though. He has good hands from what I have seen and plays a real get under your skin kind of role. He'll probably play in the AHL for a year or two before moving up. I'm not even sure why but I don't like him....it's not the color of his hair either....

Myers may just be the most unlucky Dman in the league with regard to that. This happened a lot with him as a Sabre. Whenever he pinched in, it just seemed like not only did the forward who was supposed to cover for him not cover for him, but the puck always seemed to end up in the back of the net.

Myers may just be the most unlucky Dman in the league with regard to that. This happened a lot with him as a Sabre. Whenever he pinched in, it just seemed like not only did the forward who was supposed to cover for him not cover for him, but the puck always seemed to end up in the back of the net.

Every time it mattered:

he-chose-poorly.jpg

I bet he did, it probably was downplayed as a stunt.

ANTICS.

Yup ... Here's a story just to illustrate how people believe what they want about a guy despite evidence right in their face to the contrary:

When the Sabres were here in Nashville a couple weeks ago, I took my 7-year-old son to the game. we were there very early because he had a Mites hockey clinic in the arena that afternoon. So we went down by the glass for early warmups, something we have done before, he's gotten pucks from players, etc. ... 

So the teams come out, and the Sabres are kind of all-business compared to what I had seen them in the past ... not much flipping of pucks to fans ... no big deal. At one point Kane did flip one over with his stick ... and the 20-something-year-old guy next to me says "Oh sure, now he's going to act all cool ..." and then, unprompted, launches into this story: "I figured the Sabres would be staying across the street so I was hanging out getting autographs this afternoon, they were all so cool ... except Kane. He was walking on the other side of the street, I had to run over to him and chase him down. He wasn't happy at all." Did you get his autograph? "Oh yeah, he signed ... but he didn't want to. Dick."

He signed ... but he didn't want to. Dude actually said that. If you are Evander Kane, how do you change that guy's mind about you? You can't. 

Maybe Kaner was in a hurry and had a meeting?

Maybe he is a dick?

Nobody knows....he did sign it didn't he?

Can't please everyone every time.

I'm sure Kaner went with the team to children's hospitals and stuff like that and it was reported but fans only remember the tweets with money on his back or stacks in his hands. That's "fans" for you.

There was no forward to back up Myers and he knew this....only one able to get back was Enstrom and it was a 2 on 1.....3rd fricken period in a tied game!!!!

I like the amount of O he generates from the back end but would rather have a bit less and a bit m ore D.....or a real shutdown D like Hamonic.

Edited by Ducky

In my early days here, I started a thread with a poll asking if Myers had the greatest first year of any Sabre. Perreault , Barrasso ...

Bert, Martin, Gare, Barasso. Housely perhaps. 

Talk about a stroll down memory lane. I'm sure it's my bias towards early Sabres speaking here. 

GO SABRES!!!