Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Avengers 2 was a nightmare and Joss Whedon knew it. The studio totally screwed the pooch by making Avengers 2 a trailer for all other upcoming Marvel stuff. 

I agree I worry they are getting too cute.  Outside of Loki they have yet to deliver a villain with substance.  The Joker in the Dark Knight raised that bar and they are tossing out some week s#!t.

That said Winter Soldier is a better movie than Guardians.  Winter Soldier was just a solid stand alone movie with some great supporting roles by Robert Redford and Sam Jackson.

You're probably just talking movies, but the Kingpin in the Daredevil series was excellent.

Yes, movies specifically.

Agent's of Shield has done some interesting things with villains and I agree on Daredevil.

Sociopath Ward is awesome.

Edit: speaking of Marvel TV, anyone watching Jessica Jones? Watched the first two episodes and it's very promising.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

You're probably just talking movies, but the Kingpin in the Daredevil series was excellent.

I've heard this.

Sociopath Ward is awesome.

Edit: speaking of Marvel TV, anyone watching Jessica Jones? Watched the first two episodes and it's very promising.

And I've heard this as well.  I like Kristen Ritter, and she deserves to be known as more than just Jane from Breaking Bad (she is also the bitch in apartment 23).  As good as BB is, the writing for the Jane character is easily the worst part of the series.  She's not a character, she's a cog in Jesse's.

I see Kane and Bogo played over 21 minutes....how'd they play?

Rumors still abound about Hamonic to the Jets and some people have included Myers' name in the discussion.
Trouba was asked for but the Jets said no. I'd trade Myers straight up for Hamonic but I'm not sure how much extra I would give. If he were a LHD, I'd be offering Myers and a 2nd rounder but he is a RHD so I wouldn't add too much at all. The Isles are the ones needing to make a trade.

Armia didn't dress for the loss last night and I didn't get to see the game. Why bring him up if you aren't going to play him? A 3 game road trip coming up and he comes in as the 13th player but still....give him a look-see at least. How much are we going to miss Peluso's 5 minutes of ice time each game?

I think if Lemieux ever makes the 3rd line, we should be glad. He should be a really good energy, shift disturber type of 4th liner with Copp and Lipon?

I see Kasdorf has a respectable .927 sv%.

Which Marvel movie is the best?

Apologies for continuing this, but just wanted to add in - The top 3 for me are, in no order - Iron Man 1, Winter Solider, and Avengers. Also, I liked Avengers 2, seems to be a lot of polarization on that one.

I see Kane and Bogo played over 21 minutes....how'd they play?

Rumors still abound about Hamonic to the Jets and some people have included Myers' name in the discussion.

Trouba was asked for but the Jets said no. I'd trade Myers straight up for Hamonic but I'm not sure how much extra I would give. If he were a LHD, I'd be offering Myers and a 2nd rounder but he is a RHD so I wouldn't add too much at all. The Isles are the ones needing to make a trade.

Armia didn't dress for the loss last night and I didn't get to see the game. Why bring him up if you aren't going to play him? A 3 game road trip coming up and he comes in as the 13th player but still....give him a look-see at least. How much are we going to miss Peluso's 5 minutes of ice time each game?

I think if Lemieux ever makes the 3rd line, we should be glad. He should be a really good energy, shift disturber type of 4th liner with Copp and Lipon?

I see Kasdorf has a respectable .927 sv%.

Kane to me has looked good, looks like he is a little rusty coming back from an extended time off, but I like his game. Bogo - same deal. Kane frequently stands up for teammates on the ice, too, I really like that.

How do you think the outlook for the Jets looks with Pavelec going down?

I see Hutchinson as an above average backup and not much else. It's a great chance for him, though.

Hellebuyck is supposed to be the goalie of the future and has a great resume but, how many goalies have failed in the NHL that had great junior/international resumes? Comrie on the Moose has played well and backed up Fucale at the worlds last year but is very young and inexperienced...with Helle getting called up, he has a great chance to see a lot of minutes. We also have Jamie Phillips that is playing for Michigan tech.

I see the goaltending falling apart and the Jets losing too many games to catch up to division rivals and make the playoffs. But what do I know?

I see Hutchinson as an above average backup and not much else. It's a great chance for him, though.

Hellebuyck is supposed to be the goalie of the future and has a great resume but, how many goalies have failed in the NHL that had great junior/international resumes? Comrie on the Moose has played well and backed up Fucale at the worlds last year but is very young and inexperienced...with Helle getting called up, he has a great chance to see a lot of minutes. We also have Jamie Phillips that is playing for Michigan tech.

I see the goaltending falling apart and the Jets losing too many games to catch up to division rivals and make the playoffs. But what do I know?

To the bolded: boat-loads. But I watched almost all of the World Championships this year, because of Eichel, and Hellebuyck looked really good.

Who knows, but he does look promising.

I agree on Hutchinson. He's the type of goalie that can look really good at times, and then just get shelled the next time out. His problem looks like consistency.

Ya, Hellebuck has looked strong against opponents he has faced so far but they weren't playing NHL hockey.

If Hutch re-signs for 2 years at 1m per, I would re-sign him.

I am really interested in seeing what Comrie can do with the extra ice time in the A...

Avengers 2 was a nightmare and Joss Whedon knew it. The studio totally screwed the pooch by making Avengers 2 a trailer for all other upcoming Marvel stuff. 

I agree I worry they are getting too cute.  Outside of Loki they have yet to deliver a villain with substance.  The Joker in the Dark Knight raised that bar and they are tossing out some week s#!t.

That said Winter Soldier is a better movie than Guardians.  Winter Soldier was just a solid stand alone movie with some great supporting roles by Robert Redford and Sam Jackson.

I'm just sitting here wanting a Nightcrawler movie and hoping they won't screw Gambit up.

Quicksilver hasn't been portrayed well 2xtimes already.

Wintersoldier was indeed a good movie, and hope they build on him.  A Venom movie would be cool to I suppose.

Well the Jet's need to do something.  Again, I think Myers value is going to continue its decline. Murray got good value because everyone thought he was good on a bad team but again his hockey IQ will never keep up with his talent, which is sad.

Good to see Kaner and Bogo doing well to night...

Who is Bogo paired with and is Kaner playing with Eichel?

Kaner seeing some serious ice time.

Kane got bumped to the first where he's playing much better centered by ROR. Bogo is paired on the 2nd with a revolving door

Better to have someone regular to play beside and get used to, ESPECIALLY when he hasn't played in so long. Kaner and ROR and who else?

Myers played a fairly strong game last night and has picked up his game over the last 4 or 5 somewhat. I'd still trade him for Hamonic and can't believe he isn't a Jet yet. Hamonic for Myers and a 3rd or Myers and Ladd for Hamonic and Okposo.

ya lost me

There was a long storied conversation on the board about trading Tyler myers. Ryan Getzlaf's name came up frequently. Most posters thought Getzlaf wasn't enough for our young franchise defenseman. Then the tank happened, Myers was exposed for what he was, a decent 2nd pair Dman, and the thought of getting a return like Getzlaf was laughable.

Then we traded him for Bogo and Kane...