Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

But Kane + Bogosian will almost surely get you more scoring and hitting over the next few years (and beyond, depending on re-signings) than Myers + Armia.  The wild card would be Lemieux, but he's far from a guarantee to be anything significant (see Kassian, Zack.)

Zach Bogosian teaching Zadorov and Ristolainen how to play tough nasty hockey, I'm okay with that.

It won't hurt Zadorov, but I think he already knows. That's what happens when you're raised by wolves on the tundra.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

Well, I thought Bogo looked pretty good last night.  He kinda reinforced where I was on the Bogo-Myers comparison, which is that Myers' ceiling is higher, but Bogo has a pretty high ceiling too -- and at this point, there isn't much daylight between the 2 of them.  Not sure I could convincingly rebut someone claiming that Bogo is better right now.

When I thought that GMTM wouldn't trade Myers, I guess I didn't think there would be a defenseman like Bogo coming back.

Well, I thought Bogo looked pretty good last night.  He kinda reinforced where I was on the Bogo-Myers comparison, which is that Myers' ceiling is higher, but Bogo has a pretty high ceiling too -- and at this point, there isn't much daylight between the 2 of them.  Not sure I could convincingly rebut someone claiming that Bogo is better right now.

When I thought that GMTM wouldn't trade Myers, I guess I didn't think there would be a defenseman like Bogo coming back.

Pretty much where I'm at on the D portion of the trade as well.

Bogo is better right now.

:flirt:

(Oilers - Jets on right now)

My opposition to trading Myers was based on the Myers for picks and prospects trades and the gaping hole trading Myers left on our blueline for the next year.

Since Murray was able to fill that hole with Bogosian, I am more than OK with trading Myers as a chip to get a better player. It's all about adding to the core.

Edited by dudacek