Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

How ridiculous is it that TSN still does that? Canadians are so self-obsessed.

Hahhahah nice.  Don't get me started on the number of times I try watching nearly anything and it comes up stopping me because I'm not American.  I just want to watch March Madness for sakes!!

Travis Yost makes the front page on TSN, interpreting analytics to say that Myers is a "risky" acquisition- based solely on the examination of Corsi% and ScoringChance%.  Cute, but he fails to put that data into context with Myers' Corsi Rel QoC and Corsi Rel QoT: Myers has been playing the hardest minutes on the worst possession team in hockey.

Are the Jets taking a risk?  Sure.  Is it because the Sabres were somehow better at possession and scoring chances because Myers wasn't on the ice?  No way.  Not with the quality of competition that was put upon him.

Hahhahah nice. Don't get me started on the number of times I try watching nearly anything and it comes up stopping me because I'm not American. I just want to watch March Madness for ###### sakes!!

The comment wasn't just about the websites. I love Canadians. (Is this where I do the "I have Canadian friends" thing to excuse my dumb comment?)

I should say their hockey coverage is what's self-obsessed.

Edited by Tank

I wouldn't be surprised if Winnipeg spun Myers.

I'm convinced Buffalo wanted Bogo more than Winny wanted Myers.

I must disagree.  I don't think Chevy would've traded Kane without getting Myers.  I think Chevy sees a significant gap between Myers and Bogo.

OTOH, I think you're right in that from TM's perspective, I think he doesn't see much of a gap between Myers and Bogo, and that he wouldn't have traded Myers without getting a good top-4 defenseman back.

I must disagree.  I don't think Chevy would've traded Kane without getting Myers.  I think Chevy sees a significant gap between Myers and Bogo.

OTOH, I think you're right in that from TM's perspective, I think he doesn't see much of a gap between Myers and Bogo, and that he wouldn't have traded Myers without getting a good top-4 defenseman back.

If I'm correctly interpreting the type of player Murray wants (heart and soul "gamer" types) then I think he sees Bogosian as an upgrade over Myers.  More or less even as players, but Bogo brings more of what GMTM values with his physicality and nastiness.  This is assuming Murray wants the Sabres to play a heavy physical style ala the Kings and Blues.

I absolutely agree that he wanted a comparable defenseman back for Myers as part of any deal.  Implicit in this is he is perhaps not 100% sold on Pysyk and/or McCabe.

Understand the Great One but I think we both regret the Dion deal, much better musicians have come out of CA starting with RUSH...

I think he is blaming us for Celine Dion becoming as popular as she is (was) and it's not the fault of Canadians. Now, what about that goofy little skinny Canadian Kid that we can't seem to give back to Canada, or they won't take back, Justin something or another???

I think he is blaming us for Celine Dion becoming as popular as she is (was) and it's not the fault of Canadians. Now, what about that goofy little skinny Canadian Kid that we can't seem to give back to Canada, or they won't take back, Justin something or another???

Hey they're gonna roast Bieber. Saw the ad the other day. There certainly won't be a lack of ammunition for some real funny comments. Kid apparently went to the people that do these roasts and literally begged for it. 

Edited by bunomatic

Hey they're gonna roast Bieber. Saw the add the other day. There certainly won't be a lack of ammunition for some real funny comments. Kid apparently went to the people that do these roasts and literally begged for it. 

That boy is going to be seriously messed in the head when his ride is over.  You thought Michael Jackson was out of touch in his middle age?  Stand back...

Hey they're gonna roast Bieber. Saw the ad the other day. There certainly won't be a lack of ammunition for some real funny comments. Kid apparently went to the people that do these roasts and literally begged for it. 

It will be the first and last time I watch the kid...but I will google and find out when and where...thank you so much for the heads up!

That boy is going to be seriously messed in the head when his ride is over.  You thought Michael Jackson was out of touch in his middle age?  Stand back...

Come on now, he's got great parents, they'd never take advantage of him and kick him to the curb just after they stole his last left handed cigarette....

So, I've read all 24 pages of the post and some comments are hilarious....

I'm a Jets fan and I can honestly say I like this trade a LOT better than the Hawerchuk deal.

In Bogo you get a tough D man for 65 games a year that will chip in with some points as well but he isn't there to be an offensive threat. He can get nasty but has to watch the dumb penalties...the stick penalties. Really good in the room. a 20-22 minute a game guy...... As good as Myers? Nope...... Close? If they are both on top of their game, not even close... He will play quite consistently and keeps the front of the net clear. Myers has made several comments about how the Jets play hockey and how much he likes the system and that everyone sticks to it no matter the score. A pretty good shot and an above average skater and passer.

In Kane you have a guy that needs to grow up some and that cold be a consistent 35-45 goal man with the right linemates and system to play in. He would need regular first line PP time as well. Excellent on the PK and very fast and hits anything (everything) on the opposing team. A great shot but doesn't like to pass too much. He plays old school hockey and will play through as much as the doctors will allow. He had his troubles in the room and had to be dealt. Did the Jets get fair market value for these two? Depends on how well Armia and Lemieux and the 1st turn out as well as if we re-sign Stafford but Myers is definitely a player. Salary wise, the jets shipped out about 10.4 and brought back 9.5 in cap hit. Myers contract was front loaded while bogos and Kanes get larger as it ages and Sabres pay half of Stafford's salry so advantage Jets. Chevy will need that money for Buff and Ladd and Frolik. Trouba, Lowry and Schiefele will want some cash when he re-signs too. 

Who do I think won the trade? Well, I am a Jets fan so naturally I think the Jets won; especially if you look at Chevy's drafting record. He knows how to pick them and doens't really care where other people have them ranked come draft day. Armia should easily be a 3rd liner and possibly a 2nd liner. I see Lemieux on the 3rd line between Petan and Armia in a couple years. So, 2 guys that should play on your team for the next 7-10 years on 2-3 line, Myers, A first rounder and Stafford for Bog and Kane. (I'm intentionally not mentiong Kasdorf because he will never play in the NHL). I'd make that trade any day of the week.

So, I've read all 24 pages of the post and some comments are hilarious....

I'm a Jets fan and I can honestly say I like this trade a LOT better than the Hawerchuk deal.

In Bogo you get a tough D man for 65 games a year that will chip in with some points as well but he isn't there to be an offensive threat. He can get nasty but has to watch the dumb penalties...the stick penalties. Really good in the room. a 20-22 minute a game guy...... As good as Myers? Nope...... Close? If they are both on top of their game, not even close... He will play quite consistently and keeps the front of the net clear. Myers has made several comments about how the Jets play hockey and how much he likes the system and that everyone sticks to it no matter the score. A pretty good shot and an above average skater and passer.

In Kane you have a guy that needs to grow up some and that cold be a consistent 35-45 goal man with the right linemates and system to play in. He would need regular first line PP time as well. Excellent on the PK and very fast and hits anything (everything) on the opposing team. A great shot but doesn't like to pass too much. He plays old school hockey and will play through as much as the doctors will allow. He had his troubles in the room and had to be dealt. Did the Jets get fair market value for these two? Depends on how well Armia and Lemieux and the 1st turn out as well as if we re-sign Stafford but Myers is definitely a player. Salary wise, the jets shipped out about 10.4 and brought back 9.5 in cap hit. Myers contract was front loaded while bogos and Kanes get larger as it ages and Sabres pay half of Stafford's salry so advantage Jets. Chevy will need that money for Buff and Ladd and Frolik. Trouba, Lowry and Schiefele will want some cash when he re-signs too. 

Who do I think won the trade? Well, I am a Jets fan so naturally I think the Jets won; especially if you look at Chevy's drafting record. He knows how to pick them and doens't really care where other people have them ranked come draft day. Armia should easily be a 3rd liner and possibly a 2nd liner. I see Lemieux on the 3rd line between Petan and Armia in a couple years. So, 2 guys that should play on your team for the next 7-10 years on 2-3 line, Myers, A first rounder and Stafford for Bog and Kane. (I'm intentionally not mentiong Kasdorf because he will never play in the NHL). I'd make that trade any day of the week.

Good stuff, and welcome... also, good on you for reading the thread first. :) Appreciate the insight from a Jets fan!