GDT Sabres at Oilers, 9:30 PM EST. MSG

Hoss

Score was close last time these to feather weights clashed (3-2 in favor of Edmonton) but the stats told a totally different story. SOG was 52-31 Edmonton, and IIRC the Oiler's dominated play and TOP. 

There's no doubt who has the more talented roster right now, but the Sabre's goal tending and motivation could get the job done. IMO it all depends on the attitude the Sabres bring.

The " this game and this season; we've lost 12 in a row why bother trying."

or the "12 in a row is too much. I'm an NHL player god dammit, I won't lose to these ."

GMTM: "So, I see you are removing one of your most talented forwards in an effort to reduce the chance you score against my team.  I shall counter by removing Zadarov from the lineup.  This should provide ample chances for your lesser talents forwards to hit the net."

The chess game of pre-game scratches begins.

Edited by LTS

Not wathcing this game is giving into loser-mentality. When the good times come, fans are going to be divided into two groups: those that had the stomach to watch this ####-show game and those that didn't. Bunch of wusses.

;)

I will be watching in real time for the first time this season. Hope to make it to end of 1st.

But i am a tried and true wussy when it comes to watching the other 81 shows....unless the last couple become important in the Carrion League

I'll watch and I want our boys to win.  It's why I drop $200 on center ice living in the desert.  I watch the Sabres.  I love to see a win but I'm not upset if they don't because of what may be the end results. 

I still want the Sabres to be the best they can be.  I'll cheer for them.  I think it sucks that (WGR) even asks a professional athlete  are you losing on purpose as anyone who has played any sports you want to win.  

This is where I am as well.  I'll at least start out watching tonight, but between the late start and the high likelihood of unentertaining hockey (regardless of the outcome), I'm not sure I'll finish it.

Half a season out is far too early to worry about each individual game outcome.  This team is at little risk of not finishing at the bottom, especially when Murray starts selling the veterans in a month.  Personally, I hope the Sabres' youngsters really start to show something during the second half of the season.

Half a season out is far too early to worry about each individual game outcome. This team is at little risk of not finishing at the bottom, especially when Murray starts selling the veterans in a month. Personally, I hope the Sabres' youngsters really start to show something during the second half of the season.

Our youngsters consist of 3 guys.

I'm going watch, hoping that the game is as much fun to watch as the Caps n Penguins on Wed night was. Didn't care about the score in that one, just watched a good game where both teams wanted to win bad. No staged fights to "motivate the benches", just end to end , hard hitting hockey. Give me that regardless of score, show some pride is what I am asking  of both Edmonton and Buffalo.  If they don't grant me my wish on just this one night, I will wish for the rest of the season that their man jewels are hit nightly with errant slap shots.  

Half a season out is far too early to worry about each individual game outcome.  This team is at little risk of not finishing at the bottom, especially when Murray starts selling the veterans in a month.  Personally, I hope the Sabres' youngsters really start to show something during the second half of the season.

You mean the veterans who are the reason this team is awful?

GMTM: "So, I see you are removing one of your most talented forwards in an effort to reduce the chance you score against my team.  I shall counter by removing Zadarov from the lineup.  This should provide ample chances for your lesser talents forwards to hit the net."

The chess game of pre-game scratches begins.

I know you're joking but Hall has a bone bruise from taking a puck in the leg.

I know you're joking but Hall has a bone bruise from taking a puck in the leg.

Yep.  Happened during practice.. shooter on the grassy knoll? 

Says GM MacT: "You know guys, Buffalo is coming. They're bad. Like, really bad.  Our front end talent might be too much for them." <slight pause...> "Hey.. get me Smith's number.  Ol' Stevie's always been good at picking off Oilers.  Maybe he can help us out."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.