GDT Sabres at Oilers, 9:30 PM EST. MSG

Hoss

The two worst teams in the league battle it out in a game the rest of the league won't think twice about. Both teams lost their only contest following the break so they'll want to fight for a win to get the ball rolling.

The talented Oilers with little heart face the talentless Sabres who have some heart... Who comes out?

(Get your post game tank photos ready. Win or lose this is the time to get them out)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Risto, Girgs, Myers, Stewart, and Enroth all had bad chicken last night. Food poisoning!! Zadarov suspension NOT lifted. Sabres to play with 15.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Oilers just announced Hall, Roy, Eberle, and Nugent-Hopkins were at the same restaurant. You guessed it. They ate the chicken!! Not expected to play.

This should be a doozy!!

I'm really conflicted too.

I've never actually wanted the team to lose, ever.

I could see it in a situation where I wanted another team to eclipse the Sabres for, say, a better playoff matchup, but even then, I'd be rooting for the other team to win and not for the Sabres to lose.

so the puck drops on opening faceoff and both teams leave it alone......

What are the odds that the game ends in a 0-0 tie and the all shootout attempts on net are allowed to go in?  If the one going in comes before the last one, does the next player miss the net on purpose...  May a la the hustler... so it looks good?

Edited by Icehole

As a related matter:  does anyone think the Oilers are going to trade one of their young hotshots by the deadline?

I don't think it will happen.  If I were the owner of the team, I wouldn't let MacT buy lunch for the office at this point, let alone make any big trades.

I'll watch and I want our boys to win.  It's why I drop $200 on center ice living in the desert.  I watch the Sabres.  I love to see a win but I'm not upset if they don't because of what may be the end results. 

I still want the Sabres to be the best they can be.  I'll cheer for them.  I think it sucks that (WGR) even asks a professional athlete  are you losing on purpose as anyone who has played any sports you want to win.  

As a related matter: does anyone think the Oilers are going to trade one of their young hotshots by the deadline?

I don't think it will happen. If I were the owner of the team, I wouldn't let MacT buy lunch for the office at this point, let alone make any big trades.

Agreed. I think they'll make a big offseason splash with one or two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.