Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Pats fans live in their own little world, it's been a treat reading the responses to this.

They seem confident he's going to appeal and win it, to get the suspension taken away, is this more of their shoving their heads up their ######? Or is that a possible or probable outcome?

A reduced suspension is possible (and NFL precedent may even make it likely) but there is no F'n way the suspension is just abandoned. He's getting at least 1-2 games when all is said and done.

If we're comparing Belichik to Payton, let's please remember that Payton's crime was that his DC was promoting potentially life-altering injuries, in exchange for money, on his watch (although apparently not known by him).  Belichick allegedly* didn't know his Q was deflating footballs.

*Bullsh*t.

In any event.   No comparison; let's stop it.

Edited by Eleven

If we're comparing Belichik to Payton, let's please remember that Payton's crime was that his DC was promoting potentially life-altering injuries, in exchange for money, on his watch (although apparently not known by him).  Belichick allegedly* didn't know his Q was deflating footballs.

*Bullsh*t.

In any event.   No comparison; let's stop it.

I'm not comparing the crime, I'm comparing the standard of punishment. If ignorance is not an excuse for team actions, then ignorance should not be an excuse.

Super. No Brady in Buffalo

I think that will be the first time in my life where we might be favored to beat the Pats  :beer:

And, the Patriots play Pittsburgh, @Buffalo, Jacksonville, @Dallas. That could very well be a 1-3 record without Brady, or at best 2-2. 

"Despite our conviction that there was no tampering with footballs, it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league," Kraft said. "Today's punishment, however, far exceeded any reasonable expectation. It was based completely on circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence.

"We are humbled by the support the New England Patriots have received from our fans throughout the world," the statement said. "We recognize our fans' concerns regarding the NFL's penalties and share in their disappointment in how this one-sided investigation was handled, as well as the dismissal of the scientific evidence supported by the Ideal Gas Law in the final report."

-"How can I make our fans feel better, staff?" -Kraft

-"Blame physics?"

-" brilliant" -Kraft 

More ass-hatary by the Pats

@thadbrown7: This @SI_PeterKing article suggests Brady could still face #Bills if appeal outside NFL lasts into season #Billsmafiahttp://t.co/QaXY3Jlp9B 

Edited by WildCard

Without my Bills-coloured glasses it seems pretty hefty considering the crime.

That's doesn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm pretty confident the punishment was more about stonewalling the investigation than the actual crime. And ya know what, if it's too harsh, there's a really easy way to avoid the NFL's justice system...

-"How can I make our fans feel better, staff?" -Kraft

-"Blame Physics?"

-"###### brilliant" -Kraft 

More ass-hatary by the Pats

@thadbrown7: This @SI_PeterKing article suggests Brady could still face #Bills if appeal outside NFL lasts into season #Billsmafiahttp://t.co/QaXY3Jlp9B 

Waitaminnit! Now they're attacking valued Sabrespace posters?

Is there no end to their evil ways?

I still think the NFL might be smart to, upon appeal, at least consider giving Brady his game checks back for maybe two of the games to see if that would quell the appeals.

Kraft originally said that he wouldn't appeal the penalties against the team but his statement sounds like he might... They should try to stand strong on those. What's with the 2017 4th? Seems so odd.

Edited by Hoss

Without my Bills-coloured glasses it seems pretty hefty considering the crime.

That's doesn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm pretty confident the punishment was more about stonewalling the investigation than the actual crime. And ya know what, if it's too harsh, there's a really easy way to avoid the NFL's justice system...

It was for the stonewalling and more particularly the lying, IMHO.  There has to be a steep disincentive to lie -- otherwise almost everyone will do it.

Brady’s suspension changes everything for the Patriots, whose off-season defections in the secondary made them vulnerable even before the future Hall of Famer felt Goodell’s wrath for “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football.”

The Jets’ revamped secondary, frightening defensive line and improved wide receiver corps shouldn’t be overlooked and the Dolphins’ acquisition of Ndamukong Suh makes them hard to ignore, but the Bills are best positioned to dethrone New England.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-ryan-chance-winning-afc-east-pumped-article-1.2218552?utm_content=buffera90a6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Meanwhile ESPN has the Dolphins going 11-5 prior to the suspension (Bills 8-8) and favors them for the AFC East now.

Edited by WildCard

I'd rather the Bills be underdogs. It suits them much better.

Agreed, when was the last time this team did good when the league expected them to be haha

Screw that. I want to be favored going in to every game, then not only win every game, but cover.

I'd rather the Bills be underdogs. It suits them much better.

This could very well be Bledsoe part II. Garapalo has 4 games to show his stuff. Say the Pats go 3-1 or 4-0......I would assume Brady keeps his job for this year....but the Pats are suddenly out a 1st and a 4th. If Billy thinks Rex is all hat and no cattle on offense, why not send an old man to a QB desperate team like Buffalo who you get to play twice a year and know inside and out, and who is only worth an extra win over the kid for a year or two?

It's all contingent on how the kid plays.....but a realistic scenario.

New England would be -4 1/2 with Brady if I had to guess, and will probably be -2 unless they lose to Pittsburgh and the Bills beat Indy. That's the only way Bills are favorite.

I'm not comparing the crime, I'm comparing the standard of punishment. If ignorance is not an excuse for team actions, then ignorance should not be an excuse.

I understand and somewhat agree with you, but when the league is facing lawsuits over injuries, and not deflated footballs, it needs to make a higher public showing of zero tolerance.  For marketing, not legal, reasons.

i think maybe i need you to define "realistic."

Brady getting traded given the Pats history and the fact they are out a 1st......if the kid goes 3-1 or better......30-40%

To the Bills? I think the team would have to have a great defense showing and be 9-7 or so again with crappy QB play. They would be under the gun.

I would say that there is a better chance Brady is the Bills QB by next May 12th than there is the Sabres still playing hockey.

This could very well be Bledsoe part II. Garapalo has 4 games to show his stuff. Say the Pats go 3-1 or 4-0......I would assume Brady keeps his job for this year....but the Pats are suddenly out a 1st and a 4th. If Billy thinks Rex is all hat and no cattle on offense, why not send an old man to a QB desperate team like Buffalo who you get to play twice a year and know inside and out, and who is only worth an extra win over the kid for a year or two?

It's all contingent on how the kid plays.....but a realistic scenario.

New England would be -4 1/2 with Brady if I had to guess, and will probably be -2 unless they lose to Pittsburgh and the Bills beat Indy. That's the only way Bills are favorite.

I think the only way Brady is traded is if he bombs and Garrapalo shines. I don't think that is very likely.

Screw that. I want to be favored going in to every game, then not only win every game, but cover.

Amen. I'm sick to death of being the underdog. I know many Buffalo fans eat that up, but I'm done with it. I want to be great enough where everyone who isn't a Buffalo fan hates us.

Brady getting traded given the Pats history and the fact they are out a 1st......if the kid goes 3-1 or better......30-40%

I see. I think there's an exception to every rule, and Brady is it for the Pats. I also don't know anything about the alphabet soup they have as a #2. So I'd peg those chances in the 5% range.

I would say that there is a better chance Brady is the Bills QB by next May 12th than there is the Sabres still playing hockey.

Okay, then.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.