Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Watching the end-of-season presser right now. Will try to provide some notes.

The first time anybody asked if Mario has a future both Rex and Whaley sat up in their chairs and took a deep breath. Whaley said "it's an evaluation process" they'll start tomorrow with the roster. No decision yet. Body language tells me he's gone.

Whaley very clearly saying Tyrod has no shot at an extension this offseason. Says he will talk contract next season if he plays well. Says "never say never" about the QB position and they will explore all options this offseason. Still needs to see him be better. Needs to be more consistent, slide and play well in the final seconds. Wants to see that last one more often.

Defending EJ but states he failed as a backup QB this year. Needs to go .500 and didn't. Will consider upgrading the backup position.

Won't be players in free agency. Focusing on keeping the guys they have.

Rex wouldn't say whether or not any coaching changes are coming.

Have thanked both Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf for making sure to provide cap space multiple times.

Still evaluating the possibility of Percy Harvin returning.

Mentioned wanting all five starting offensive linemen to be the starting five next year. Didn't clarify if they meant Mills or Henderson at RT.

Rex wouldn't commit to Thurman as his defensive coordinator next year. Didn't want to talk about his brother or Mike Pettine joining the staff.

Edited by Hoss

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Schefter says Chargers have filed for relocation to LA.

.....and so have the Rams and Raiders as of now.

I have occasion to go to San Diego.  When I am there, I listen to Sports Radio.  They have all but conceded they are losing the Chargers to LA.   They have been having a year long wake as the news drips in each week and the Chargers waste another year of Rivers career.

I have occasion to go to San Diego. When I am there, I listen to Sports Radio. They have all but conceded they are losing the Chargers to LA. They have been having a year long wake as the news drips in each week and the Chargers waste another year of Rivers career.

Boo hoo for the Chargers and Raiders. Boo freaking hoo.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/05/pegula-gives-whaley-ryan-a-year-to-fix-bills/

Carucci says the Pegulas have told Rex and Whaley they've got one more year to get it right.

While I understand the sentiment behind it, I really hate telling them this because it incentivises short term thinking which may not be best long term.

While I understand the sentiment behind it, I really hate telling them this because it incentivises short term thinking which may not be best long term.

Fair.

Sal Capaccio and Jeremy White of WGR both strongly disagree with the report. Both hear an extension is coming for Whaley and that he's here for the long haul.

The thought plickens.

More than anything, I want to know WHO the source is (I think it's essentially one person - or maybe a core of 2 or 3) who so frequently discloses "information" that is then disputed by some other source within the franchise. It's gotta be those old guard guys, yeah?

And again, more than anything, I feel like Pegula needs to get that/them under control and/or out the door. One Buffalo, and all.

Adam Benigni has also confirmed the extension for Whaley... The timing of Carucci's report is officially strange and potentially embarrassing.

But both reports could also be true. We don't know the terms of the reported extension.

Edited by Hoss

Whaley extended.

If there's any money at all guaranteed beyond next December, this is a bad decision.

Disagree wholeheartedly. Whether he gets punted next season or not; the GM ALWAYS needs to be under contract for a minimum of 1 extra year. (& ideally 2)

Coaches should be locked up for at least 1 more year as well.

You have to make sure he's got no "agency issues" & if you need it to be your choice whether he comes back. If his contract expires in December, he holds all the cards.

These guys don't make as much as star players (for the most part) & eating a year or 2 of contract has no cap ramifications. Just means the owner "has to dig a few more wells." ;)

those are both old AFL franchises. i'm generally fond of them, as a result.

My view of this, probably won't be popular on here, I admit. But if they aren't moving out of state or across the country (or to a new country) then I don't really care. LA isn't even that far from San Diego! And the Raiders have already moved there and back again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.