Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I said it at the beginning of the year that they are trying to win every game 8-7. It certainly sounds like the first of many moves because otherwise we just acquired a better, more expensive, equally injury prone SS so that the Jays can lead the league in runs by even more than they currently do. But with the 13th best AL ERA, you gotta score a lot of runs to win each night.

Also, LaTroy Hawkins is 42 and is not really a value add to me at this point. I'd rather have kept Castro who is a hard throwing youngster.

Hawkins is still a decent reliever. And it wasn't Castro or Hawkins. Castro went because Tulo came in.

And Tulo is making the same amount that Reyes is (obviously over a longer term).

I imagine that the Blue Jays will add a guy like Samardzjia, Gallardo or Kennedy.

Don't know if anyone caught it, there was a nice half hour on the 2014 Bills on NFL Network.  Something like "2014 Buffalo Bills: One Buffalo."  It was a bit weird though, since it was highlights of 2014 mixed with soundbites from Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley talking about moving ahead in 2015.  They didn't have anything from Marrone.  I felt like they could've done an hour to highlight the story lines of the season better, with Ralph passing and the team being sold to Pegula, how the fans really rallied behind the team, Jim Kelly, and the Pegulas, and then the front office changes and free agent pickups for the future.  It seemed like they were torn on what to cover, on field or off field.

It's linked in the post above this one.

Hawkins is still a decent reliever. And it wasn't Castro or Hawkins. Castro went because Tulo came in.

And Tulo is making the same amount that Reyes is (obviously over a longer term).

I imagine that the Blue Jays will add a guy like Samardzjia, Gallardo or Kennedy.

No doubt that Castro was part of the cost of getting Tulo. My point was more when you are leading the league in runs scored by a ton, and are struggling with pitching, it doesn't make sense to trade away Castro to get a better SS. I'd have rather kept Reyes and used our trade ammo to go out and get multiple starters for the playoff push.

We'll see what happens this week though.

Why is this in the Bills thread? I just responded to those above without realizing what thread we are in. There's an All Other Sports thread for this... :blush:

Because my original thought was about the Bills.

Anybody want to put down some predictions for this season? I'll add mine once the Brady news comes down.

Edited by Hoss

Why is this in the Bills thread? I just responded to those above without realizing what thread we are in. There's an All Other Sports thread for this...  :blush:

Oh, crap.

I just read something that WildCard posted in response to a Hoss post.

Hoss ... there's your culprit.

Because my original thought was about the Bills.

Anybody want to put down some predictions for this season? I'll add mine once the Brady news comes down.

Your comment was 90% about the Blue Jays move with a Bills reference at the end. Me and NS are totally in the clear here.

Your comment was 90% about the Blue Jays move with a Bills reference at the end. Me and NS are totally in the clear here.

My post was all about the Bills. The Blue Jays doing something impacts the Bills in the context of my post.

He deliberately had his phone destroyed, that was the key in the appeal being rejected.

C'mon, he routinely destroys his phones for security purposes! The fact it happened right before a major NFL investigation was going to ask to take a look is pure coincidence! That he lied about destroying it at all is also meaningless! He's Tom Brady, good ol' American boy, he wouldn't lie maliciously! Reading Pats' apologists is hilarious right now.

Said it before, say it again: a guy who got caught cheating then suspended for covering it up cannot be the GOAT. Just can't. 

Is he taking this to Federal Court and what might we expect if he does?

If I were a federal judge I'd laugh him out of the courtroom shortly after scolding him for wasting the judiciary's time. Of course, I'm not exactly unbiased on this :lol:

I do expect he goes to court, but I think he's facing an uphill battle in getting it overturned. I think the crucial thing is the suspensions is almost entirely for stonewalling the investigation and lying to investigators, not the actual act of skirting the rules. He might have a case if he got suspended for the pressure, but seeing as that's not what this is about, I don't think he wins this.

I'm assuming he gets to play while it's in court? How is this even a Federal matter anyhow?

Likely under the NLRA or the FAA.

He will seek a preliminary injunction allowing him to play while the final determination of the lawsuit remains pending.  I'll post the standard for that once I know what court he files in.

Edited by Eleven

Likely under the NLRA or something similar.

He will seek a preliminary injunction allowing him to play while the final determination of the lawsuit remains pending. I'll post the standard for that once I know what court he files in.

Much appreciated Eleven

Edited by WildCard

Brady claims he destroys his phone for personal reasons, but the league found that his previous phone had not been destroyed, and this one was destroyed the day he was scheduled to meet with Wells. Brady didn't want those messages to be seen, and if he takes it to court they are going to be seen, so I don't know why he wouldn't just deal with missing the first four games. They only win 1 or 2 of those every year anyway. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.