Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

This draft is looking deeper at the top than most in recent memory. A guy I LOVE is Jared Goff at Cal. A ton of Aaron Rodgers comparisons. He's a drive finisher. I don't recall a college QB better at operating in the red zone. If you get inside the 20/25 it's a touchdown.

Goff (CAL), Cook (MSU), Hackenberg (Penn St), Cardale Jones/JT Barrett (Ohio St), Cody Kessler (USC) and Gunner Kiel (Cincy) all have first/second round grades as is. The first four are projected first rounders right now. A lot of guys in the middle, too.

I think this team needs to draft a QB early until they can definitively say "we've got our long-term answer." Then draft one late at least every couple years.

I appreciate the info on all the QB prospects, but just to clarify a point about "grades", nobody in the scouting community is close to grading anyone at this point. That process began in May and won't be concluded until next April.

That is not a slam on the talking heads who are paid to fill media space for their projections at this point, just a point of clarification that I feel should be mentioned.

GO BILLS!!!

This draft is looking deeper at the top than most in recent memory. A guy I LOVE is Jared Goff at Cal. A ton of Aaron Rodgers comparisons. He's a drive finisher. I don't recall a college QB better at operating in the red zone. If you get inside the 20/25 it's a touchdown.

Goff (CAL), Cook (MSU), Hackenberg (Penn St), Cardale Jones/JT Barrett (Ohio St), Cody Kessler (USC) and Gunner Kiel (Cincy) all have first/second round grades as is. The first four are projected first rounders right now. A lot of guys in the middle, too.

I think this team needs to draft a QB early until they can definitively say "we've got our long-term answer." Then draft one late at least every couple years.

My blind hatred of Penn State may come through here, but I hate Hackenberg! Holy cow! He was borderline awful last year, and the Penn State fans(who are the worst, by the way) can't stop talking about how this kid is the second coming.

Poz, Maybin.... I never want another Penn State player again.

Now the rest of those QBs on your list, yes please.

53-man Roster Projection:

QB - Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel (3)

RB - LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson, Boobie Dixon, Karlos Williams (4)

FB - Jerome Felton (1)

WR - Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Marcus Easley, Marcus Thigpen, Marquise Goodwin (6)

TE - Charles Clay, Chris Gragg, MarQueis Gray, Matthew Mulligan (4)

OT - Cordy Glenn, Seantrel Henderson, Cyrus Kouandjio (3)

OG/C - Richie Incognito, John Miller, Eric Wood, Kraig Urbik, Cyril Richardson (5)

DE - Mario Williams, Jerry Hughes, Manny Lawson, Red Bryant, IK Enemkpali (5)

DT - Kyle Williams, Corbin Bryant, Stefan Charles (3)

LB - Nigel Bradham, Preston Brown, Randell Johnson, Tony Steward, Quentin Groves (5)

CB - Stephon Gilmore, Ronald Darby, Nickell RobeyMario Butler, Ron Brooks, Ellis Lankster (6)

S - Corey Graham, Aaron Williams, Duke Williams, Bacarri Rambo (4)

K - Dan Carpenter, Jordan Gay (2)

P - Colton Schmidt (1)

LS - Garrison Sanborn (1)

Injury lists: Jarius Wynn, Ty Powell, Ross Cockrell, Leodis McKelvin

Suspended: Marcell Dareus

Bold = lock to make the team

The players in italics are players I could see being cut. Especially if certain players get cut that the staff wants to bring in. I expect a few of them to be cut. Especially if any solid TE, OT or CB depth is out.

They will have to make a bonus cut after week one when Dareus' suspension ended and another cut when McKelvin returns.

My blind hatred of Penn State may come through here, but I ###### hate Hackenberg! Holy cow! He was borderline awful last year, and the Penn State fans(who are the ###### worst, by the way) can't stop talking about how this kid is the second coming.

Poz is fine. But I agree on Hackenberg. He was pretty brutal last year. But he's still currently projected to be a first rounder, and the expectation is he'll be a very high one if he has a good year. If he has a huge year he'll probably go first overall if that team wants a QB.

What's wrong with Poz? The only solid Bills LB from that era I can remember.

I loved the pick when we made it. Just the injuries and him not living up to the expectations I had for him.

It's mostly Maybin. I was so happy that we were getting Orakpo, and then they said the name that will forever ring in my ears as the worst draft pick I have ever heard!

I would add Colton Schmidt to the locks to make the team. I do like the confidence though, that they might not need a punter

If they cut him they're definitely, by rule, not allowed to sign somebody else.

I do expect him to be on the roster, but I'm leaving the door open for a switch at the position. Doubt it. But Schmidt is meh.

If they cut him they're definitely, by rule, not allowed to sign somebody else.

I do expect him to be on the roster, but I'm leaving the door open for a switch at the position. Doubt it. But Schmidt is meh.

Too bad about Goodwin but I think you're right.

I loved the pick when we made it. Just the injuries and him not living up to the expectations I had for him.

It's mostly Maybin. I was so happy that we were getting Orakpo, and then they said the name that will forever ring in my ears as the worst draft pick I have ever heard!

I was in a house full of Redskins fans at the time.  Ughhh  :doh:

That would be another typically bone-headed Bills move at the position.

And here I thought you'd be completely on board with the team keeping a QB who puts up a season like Tannehill's sophomore year ;)

What's wrong with Poz?  The only solid Bills LB from that era I can remember.

Nothing per se, but we were oh so close to getting Patrick Willis instead :(

Opposite of every report I've heard. Redskins management wants to keep him and had faith in him, Gruden on the other hand does not want him.

It would appear that ownership is the only person left in RGIII's corner at this point.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25285088/report-redskins-front-office-coaches-want-to-move-on-from-rg3

Just no Cassel.  Please.  Cassel gets this team to 8-8.  One of the others could go 12-4, could go 4-12.  I'd rather this team go for it and miss than settle for another season of mediocrity.

Agreed.  I'm not excited about another version of Trent Edwards.

I would have guessed that all 4 qbs had a perfect rating. Anyway, at this point I kind of like the idea of Manuel getting another year on the bench to grow. Give what he should have had two years ago.

I was really impressed with him yesterday. Looked totally different than what we've seen in the past. 

I think if they get 3200-18-10 out of TT, plus his rushing production, and they make the playoffs with him playing creditably, they will not bring in another QB.

Yep.

#Meddling

Not Snyder!  :rolleyes:

The RG3 deal may go down as the worst decision in Redskins history

The deal? Or Shanny playing him in that playoff game when he was clearly injured.  He was never the same player after that.

I remember being so angry at Shanny.  I don't especially care for RG3, but his stupid shortsighted coach could very much have ruined his career.

The deal? Or Shanny playing him in that playoff game when he was clearly injured. He was never the same player after that.

I remember being so angry at Shanny. I don't especially care for RG3, but his stupid shortsighted coach could very much have ruined his career.

I agree. I remember watching that game and being sickened by what appeared to me to be the willful destruction of RG3.

That game said so much about players being grist for the mill ...to an extent I'd not imagined, before.  Benefit of the doubt - who knows what coaches, players and doctors said on the sideline ...

Eyeball and sniff test .... not enough to stop it.

The deal? Or Shanny playing him in that playoff game when he was clearly injured.  He was never the same player after that.

I remember being so angry at Shanny.  I don't especially care for RG3, but his stupid shortsighted coach could very much have ruined his career.

He had injury problems in college too, and granted he shouldn't have played in that game after his ankle injury, he isn't exactly an iron horse; combine that with being a mobile QB and it spells trouble. Also, his locker room issues are a handful. He's brash and arrogant, and his teammates and coaches consistently don't like him for it. 

Edited by WildCard

My blind hatred of Penn State may come through here, but I ###### hate Hackenberg! Holy cow! He was borderline awful last year, and the Penn State fans(who are the ###### worst, by the way) can't stop talking about how this kid is the second coming.

Made me think of Booker Moore.  Running back, 1981 draft.   I just googled him.   I didn't know he died (2009).  RIP, of course.  Booker had Guillain-Barre' syndrome.   I'd never heard of it before he made news.

He had injury problems in college too, and granted he shouldn't have played in that game after his ankle injury, he isn't exactly an iron horse; combine that with being a mobile QB and it spells trouble. Also, his locker room issues are a handful. He's brash and arrogant, and his teammates and coaches consistently don't like him for it. 

I guarantee nobody would mind that he's brash and arrogant if he was still playing at his rookie level.  The bolded is a good point.

Edited by immerman

I guarantee nobody would mind that he's brash and arrogant if he was still playing at his rookie level.  The bolded is a good point.

True, but I think that's the point of anger with him, no? If you don't have a reason to be arrogant, you're being just that, arrogant. If not, you're confident. Least according to my Grandfather 12 Yuenglings deep.

Either way I think ownership was very pressured into trading up for him to find a QB of the future. 

Edited by WildCard

True, but I think that's the point of anger with him, no? If you don't have a reason to be arrogant, you're being just that, arrogant. If not, you're confident. Least according to my Grandfather 12 Yuenglings deep.

Either way I think ownership was very pressured into trading up for him to find a QB of the future. 

To be fair to RG3, how else would you expect a kid who lit the league on fire as a rookie QB to act?

Like Russel Wilson or Andrew Luck ;)

This was a great slam, but I'm with immerman.

So much was said about RGIII's attitude coming out of college -- but in a positive way. Having been born on a military base in Japan and raised a certain way he was viewed as a great person with some real confidence. Always kind and funny.

Then it changed after his rookie year. He was acting, probably fairly, a talented kid with no real support system. Shanahan destroyed him and nobody was there to help him after that game. He was playing scared his second year. A lot of floated passes because he would do anything just to avoid contact. Constantly watching the pass rush instead of his receivers.

It's been RGIII against the world in Washington since that game. I think RGIII was a true superstar ruined by a psychotic coach and his (RGIII) own ambition. He was fragile, but he was seemingly never pushed to protect himself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.