Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Complete stupidity gives the Pats* the Lombardi and costs me hundreds. Fukc!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is now we're going to have to spend the rest of our lives hearing about how Brady has 4 rings, only ever to play in 6, and came back from 10 down so of course he's the best ever. Nauseating. Just nauseating.

Satan just got some more ideas for what to do with the new 10th Circle he's digging for Pete Carroll. I imagine at least part of the suffering will involve calling goal line plays for eternity. 

###### that guy. He's literally the only human being who has ever lived that makes me want the Patriots to win. I'm including Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, and Adolf Hitler in that calculation.

(and, for good measure, ###### USC)

edited for completeness 

The call will forever be indefensible...but your boy Wilson didn't have to throw the pick ;)

How in the hell do you waste that miracle catch AND the Heatmiser leaving himself no time after not calling a timeout when Lynch takes it to the 1?

Just remember, Belichick is a genius. It's funny, because the lack of a timeout is now never going to be remembered, even though it was as bad as the play call that handed the Pats championship #4. To the victors go the spoils, or something like that.

To the victors go the spoils, or something like that.

I think it's cheaters always prosper? Sad thing about Brady and Belichick is how can anyone actually say how good they really are when so many questions abound about "cheating"? They have won four Superbowls now by an average of 3.5 pts per game. Unfortunately we will never know how much they really got away with. I just hope we kick the crap out of them twice next year.

Oh yeah, and watching Brady jump for joy like a little girl was definitely pretty funny. My nephew and I definitely got a kick out of that.

Listening to Carroll explain the call makes the decision even worse. He said they had 3 wide and the Pats stayed in goal line personnel, and they thought that was a weakness to exploit. Okay. But then why throw into the teeth of that defense when they were clearly bunched up expecting something in the middle of the field? If you're going to treat it as a free play, fake the handoff and go for a naked bootleg. That way, Wilson either runs it in, safely throws it away, or gets an open receiver. Passing in that spot is defensible (I'd have run, but whatever), but the particular play call was just mind blowingly dumb even after the explanation.

That said, I do give Carroll credit for taking the fall for Bevell.

Listening to Carroll explain the call makes the decision even worse. He said they had 3 wide and the Pats stayed in goal line personnel, and they thought that was a weakness to exploit. Okay. But then why throw into the teeth of that defense when they were clearly bunched up expecting something in the middle of the field? If you're going to treat it as a free play, fake the handoff and go for a naked bootleg. That way, Wilson either runs it in, safely throws it away, or gets an open receiver. Passing in that spot is defensible (I'd have run, but whatever), but the particular play call was just mind blowingly dumb even after the explanation.

That said, I do give Carroll credit for taking the fall for Bevell.

Exactly. To see NE in a goal line defensive formation....and then call a pass play that sends the WR right into that goal line defense??? That is complete stupidity by someone. I think Wilson screwed the pooch on that one by sticking with that pass in that defensive situation. That's like driving in rush hour traffic instead of changing to the carpool lane. Would seem like such an easy call to change out of. I wonder if Seattle had another play called Wilson could've switched to. Edited by Claude Balls

The call will forever be indefensible...but your boy Wilson didn't have to throw the pick ;)

Wait, what? Analytics says there's a .0031 greater chance of scoring on a pass play from the one-yard line on second down than on a run. Come on, man, enlighten yourself with the glow of truth.

Dear Football Gods,

You have been angry with the Bills for losing 4 super bowls and have thus visited a plague down upon us of Tom Brady and Bill Belichek.  They have now won 4 superbowls and I think we are now even.  The slate is cleared and may you show favor upon now as we enter this new era.

Sincerely,

Buffalo, NY

Edited by LGR4GM

I saw a Tweet this morning to the following effect: Wilson's pass was the 109th pass from an opponent's 1 yard line this season. NONE of the prior 108 had been intercepted.

I wonder how many of those other 108 were slant routes into the crowd of the goal-line set.

Exactly. The decision to pass wasn't terrible...it was the decision to run that pass that was terrible.

Well... Passing period was a brutal decision. Inexcusable from the getgo. But the play they chose was even worse. Baffling. Worst decision I can recall.

So, something doesn't quite add up for me. All day, they've been gushing over this Butler kid for being "prepared". How great is it that with all the deflate crap and past cheating stuff, it was nice to see a game decided by just some good old fashioned "preparation".

But,... how is that possible? He said he recognized the formation and jumped the play. Is Seattle known for running this play all the time? If so, then why didn't Pete Carrol just say that as his reason for running that play at that time, instead of fumbling through whatever explanation he was trying to find last night?

Someone convince me that the Pats aren't still cheating and that he didn't see that play from some of their "special" game footage. Someone convince me that I'm just being petty, sour grapes and whatnot. Rightly or wrongly, they will always be cheaters to me, they brought it on themselves.

Something in the way he answered questions about that play right after the game just didn't pass the smell test.

I think Butler very clearly recognized the play. Instincts of a professional. If you watch the play he starts on the outside and loops inside and jumps the route as soon as the ball is snapped. When the Seahawks lined up in shotgun and Lynch immediately went on a route to the left it was 100% clear it's a pass. And with the pick play being so popular in football today Butler would've recognized the formation and the way everybody moved from the snap. It's an easy route to jump if you know what to look for.

*No I wouldn't know to jump the route, but I'm not a paid professional.

Also, Butler should've been the MVP. They're too afraid of awarding a moment or seeming like they made a knee-jerk reaction. Brady sandbagged it. Two interceptions including one on the goalline. His statline was solid, but Butler made the game's biggest play. One of the biggest plays in NFL history. And that wasn't his only play. He played well all night including one play where he managed to sky into the air and break up a seem route without so much as touching the receiver.

Edited by Tank

So, something doesn't quite add up for me. All day, they've been gushing over this Butler kid for being "prepared". How great is it that with all the deflate crap and past cheating stuff, it was nice to see a game decided by just some good old fashioned "preparation".

But,... how is that possible? He said he recognized the formation and jumped the play. Is Seattle known for running this play all the time? If so, then why didn't Pete Carrol just say that as his reason for running that play at that time, instead of fumbling through whatever explanation he was trying to find last night?

Someone convince me that the Pats aren't still cheating and that he didn't see that play from some of their "special" game footage. Someone convince me that I'm just being petty, sour grapes and whatnot. Rightly or wrongly, they will always be cheaters to me, they brought it on themselves.

Something in the way he answered questions about that play right after the game just didn't pass the smell test.

I don't think the Pats* cheating had anything to do with Butler's great play. That play is where preparation meets lazy route running by Lockette, who's poor execution of that simple pattern made it too easy to jump the route. The play itself was there to be made as Wilson had 2 on 2 coverage with the Pats* defending run first and all kinds of space as a result; the exact look Wilson would like to see. The problem was that Lockette screwed the pooch by turning his chin inward too soon. On that particular route, he has to open his outside shoulder BEFORE turning his head inside to at least make the DB think a fade is possible. But as soon as he turned his chin first, Butler went right to the spot and beat Lockette to the ball. Just a lazy play by the receiver.

While I don't like that Bevell called him out publicly, Lockette needs to do a better job there. None of that takes away from the GREAT play by Butler, though. 

GO BILLS!!!

I think Butler very clearly recognized the play. Instincts of a professional. If you watch the play he starts on the outside and loops inside and jumps the route as soon as the ball is snapped. When the Seahawks lined up in shotgun and Lynch immediately went on a route to the left it was 100% clear it's a pass. And with the pick play being so popular in football today Butler would've recognized the formation and the way everybody moved from the snap. It's an easy route to jump if you know what to look for.

*No I wouldn't know to jump the route, but I'm not a paid professional.

Also, Butler should've been the MVP. They're too afraid of awarding a moment or seeming like they made a knee-jerk reaction. Brady sandbagged it. Two interceptions including one on the goalline. His statline was solid, but Butler made the game's biggest play. One of the biggest plays in NFL history. And that wasn't his only play. He played well all night including one play where he managed to sky into the air and break up a seem route without so much as touching the receiver.

Not sure if I buy all of that. I don't think what Lynch did had any effect on Butler. He was playin pass all the way. The more I look at it, though, the more I think it was just the worst play called ever. It put the receiver directly in line wth the QB, so butler can see him throwing it. Dumb. If the receiver goes to the outside then his eyes aren't on the QB as he follows his receiver.

I don't think the Pats* cheating had anything to do with Butler's great play. That play is where preparation meets lazy route running by Lockette, who's poor execution of that simple pattern made it too easy to jump the route. The play itself was there to be made as Wilson had 2 on 2 coverage with the Pats* defending run first and all kinds of space as a result; the exact look Wilson would like to see. The problem was that Lockette screwed the pooch by turning his chin inward too soon. On that particular route, he has to open his outside shoulder BEFORE turning his head inside to at least make the DB think a fade is possible. But as soon as he turned his chin first, Butler went right to the spot and beat Lockette to the ball. Just a lazy play by the receiver.

While I don't like that Bevell called him out publicly, Lockette needs to do a better job there. None of that takes away from the GREAT play by Butler, though. 

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah. He never bites. He just waited to see which side he was going to then jumped to follow him. Never consider it was a bad rout the he ran.

Pats still cheat though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.