Favourite all-time Sabre: playoffs

dudacek

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favourite Sabre?

Who has a Ted impression?

What were some of his greatest calls?

I rest my case. And put my helmet on.

Ted did a great ......... GIL-BERT-PER-REAULT in 4 syllable stacco with equal emphasis on every syllable that every kid and granny could do.

Other than that, he had such great pipes he didn't really require much in terms of catch-phrases.

He was the VOICE.

He deserves to be 7 if RJ is top 5.

Edited by X. Benedict

I wanted Hasek out, but wanted the last non-player out first more. That no good quitter. Now is the time, but many want to see a 11 - 39 final. Poor, Rico.

Rico made it top 3, no lamenting here.

I'm amazed at the amount of RJ elimination backlash. Consider that if RJ had no great players (like the ones left) there wouldn't be any of the 'signature' calls. There's much less significance in a meaningless Stafford goal at the end of a 4-1 loss than the Hasek saves, LaFontaine goals or French Connection magic.

Rico made it top 3, no lamenting here.

I'm amazed at the amount of RJ elimination backlash. Consider that if RJ had no great players (like the ones left) there wouldn't be any of the 'signature' calls. There's much less significance in a meaningless Stafford goal at the end of a 4-1 loss than the Hasek saves, LaFontaine goals or French Connection magic.

imagine some of the play by play guys on the national broadcasts doing the famous moments in sabres history. It would not be the same nor as loved. RJ is sabres hockey and when he finally packs it up and retires a bit of my sabres fandom will retire too.

Isn't it about time to move this along to a vote for the final 2 yet? I'm not sure if it has generally been set intervals between rounds but this last one seems to have taken longer than most. Instead of abstaining from voting I think I'm gonna cast my final vote for Perreault because I think more of the people rooting for him to win were the ones who voted out Jeanneret so to exact a tiny bit of revenge and gain a little bit of self satisfaction I'm going to vote to keep the butt ###### quitter who chose Detroit over us instead of our first ever pick.

On a side note, was Taro Tsujimoto ever an option in this poll? I don't think he was but can't remember for sure. If not, it would've been cool to see his name on the list just to see if he would've made the top 10.

Ted did a great ......... GIL-BERT-PER-REAULT in 4 syllable stacco with equal emphasis on every syllable that every kid and granny could do.

Other than that, he had such great pipes he didn't really require much in terms of catch-phrases.

He was the VOICE.

He deserves to be 7 if RJ is top 5.

Absolutely!

If he had a signature phrase, it was when an errant puck went over the glass and it was always, "And there's a souvenir for a lucky fan from the Sloan Kiwanis Club!", or some other civic group.

That said, my vote goes to Bert (or doesn't go to Bert for the poll purposes). And while my nostalgic bias may be playing a role in that decision and Hasek may have been a better player at his position, Perreault hoisted this franchise on his shoulders from its inception and kept it there. And to this very day, there has NEVER been another player that induces that butterfly in the gut feeling EVERY TIME they wind up with the puck behind their own net to start a rush.

When I think of what it may have been like if we lost that spin of the wheel, I shudder. It literally would have been a COMPLETELY different franchise. And not for the better, I think.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Because he's the greatest player ever to play his position. And he didn't retire when I was cutting teeth. Who claims someone as a favorite player when they've never seen them play? I certainly can't. That's like saying Reggie Jackson is my favorite baseball player.

Edited by ubkev

How can anyone vote for someone who wanted to be traded over the original and career Sabre? Sacrilege.

This is how I originally felt about Dom. Over time, though, after thinking about the people or person(s) that he was dealing with at the time, I've grown to dislike them way more. As much as I hate to admit it, he and Peca had no choice.

I'm going to wait until the bitter end to vote on this one. And I may not vote.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.