Favourite all-time Sabre: playoffs

dudacek

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favourite Sabre?

I can't believe that quitter is a head of the first ever and the only (if memory serves) career Sabre.

Gilbert Perreault is always going to be who I think of first when I remember the good old days of the Sabres.

Those members who are too young to remember him and the connection really missed out on the hay day of the Sabres.

Help, the young'uns are ruining the game!

You said it.

I demand a recount. As director of this poll you have to double check each and every vote to be sure that it is legit, right? RIGHT!!

Gilbert.

Claude, as a French Canadian, how could you?

How can anyone vote for someone who wanted to be traded over the original and career Sabre? Sacrilege.

What is so much worse, for me and many other members, is the fact that he quit on the team and the fans 2+ years prior to demanding that trade.

I don't really blame him for wanting a better chance at the cup.

He was the greatest player every to wear the uniform. Gil isn't even close. Our season tickets were on the opponent shoots twice end because of him.

I never saw Gil play a single game. But, damn Dom was fun to watch.

"Gil isn't even close." "I never saw Gil play a single game."

I rest my case.

GO SABRES!!!

Thanks SFINS for calling me out as I didn't actually read the poll question. Between 11 and 39 for favorite Sabre, its Gilbert all the way no question. I've changed my vote accordingly.

I had a feeling.

Anyone else needing to change their vote after reading the poll question very carefully.

To be clear we are voting for our LEAST favourite between Hasek (THE QUITTER) and Perreault (THE CAREER SABRE).

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Looks like Hasek has this thing won. Still should've been RJ. Everyone who has watched the Sabres during any era should have fond memories of him.

Hold up there.

The fat lady isn't even doing her voice exercises yet.

I'm still working over Taro with the rubber hose. He'll crack soon and change his vote.

Hold up there.

The fat lady isn't even doing her voice exercises yet.

I'm still working over Taro with the rubber hose. He'll crack soon and change his vote.

If you have to lobby for extra time it's not looking good for your guy. Consider it karma for your lobbying against RJ so much. I know that's why I voted against Perreault.

Hasek is still a butt ###### quitter but he was better at his position than Perreault was at his on the all time greatest scale.

Best of luck to you though, good sir.

If you have to lobby for extra time it's not looking good for your guy. Consider it karma for your lobbying against RJ so much. I know that's why I voted against Perreault.

Hasek is still a butt ###### quitter but he was better at his position than Perreault was at his on the all time greatest scale.

Best of luck to you though, good sir.

It's all in fun, though.

I have no issue with RJ. I think he is the best at his trade and a great Sabre, but for me this poll was about the players.

I believe you said you were 6 when Perreault retired and I really think that makes a difference.

I also believe that Hasek was the most skilled Sabre player ever, but how he carried himself off the ice irks me. I cannot look past the fact that he quit on the team and fans ... you pointed out that fact is troubling to you too. Perreault was and is the greatest Sabre ever. He continues to bleed blue and gold.

It's all in fun, though.

I have no issue with RJ. I think he is the best at his trade and a great Sabre, but for me this poll was about the players.

I believe you said you were 6 when Perreault retired and I really think that makes a difference.

I also believe that Hasek was the most skilled Sabre player ever, but how he carried himself off the ice irks me. I cannot look past the fact that he quit on the team and fans ... you pointed out that fact is troubling to you too. Perreault was and is the greatest Sabre ever. He continues to bleed blue and gold.

I understand your point of view completely but I believe RJ is responsible for more Sabres fans than any single player. To me, he is no less a Sabre than any player and using your logic he should have been voted out before guys like Ville Leino and Rory Fitzpatrick solely because he never laced up skates to take the ice for the team.

I was too young to appreciate Perreault but fans of every age can appreciate RJ and the man came back after battling cancer to call games for what was still the worst team in the league at the time he came back.

"Gil isn't even close." "I never saw Gil play a single game."

I rest my case.

GO SABRES!!!

You think Gil is close to Dom?

What is he, maybe the 15th best forward who played between 1970 and 2000?

Your talking about the greatest player ever to play his position. He is Greztky with a glove. Orr with a blocker. No one is close.

Your talking about the greatest player ever to play his position. He is Greztky with a glove. Orr with a blocker. No one is close.

Gil retired as the 6th highest scorer in NHL history. And as much as I agree Dom was the best goalie of his era, "no one is close" reflects a tunnel vision that doesn't give the goalies of the past nearly enough credit. Google Jacques Plante, Georges Vezina or even Ken Dryden.

It is a favorite contest, not a best at his position contest. Gil never had controversy around him. Gil never demanded to be traded.

Having had the pleasure of watching both their entire careers, I can say Dom is the best ever at his position, and Gilbert is the greatest Buffalo Sabre ever. And I say that without any sense of conflict at all. Perreault ESTABLISHED the entire franchise and carried it on his back for the duration of his playing days. He did things with a puck from an offensive standpoint that others couldn't; things as amazing on offense as Dom did in goal.

You had to be there to really get a sense of it.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.