Favourite all-time Sabre: playoffs

dudacek

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favourite Sabre?

Damn that misleading label. And I don't know enough about those posters to know if I can handle the naked truth or not. Based on name alone, I can say that bag boy is not my type.

terribly sorry. I missed the one vote stipulation. Now corrected.

I wanted RJ gone early, but I cannot abide the quitter still on the board.

Oh, I agree completely. Hasek, should not be on the list anymore, if I had my way, but he is still a player. Therefore, I have to hold my nose and use my one vote this round to try to eliminate the last non-player.

I still think I may use *stragegery* and change my vote.

I disagree, I think Gil deserves to be in the final 3.

HOW. DARE. YOU!!

Oh, I agree completely. Hasek, should not be on the list anymore, if I had my way, but he is still a player. Therefore, I have to hold my nose and use my one vote this round to try to eliminate the last non-player.

I still think I may use *stragegery* and change my vote.

HOW. DARE. YOU!!

Horrible logic. RJ has meant more to this franchise and is probably responsible for more fans than any single player.

Hasek single-handedly provided me with the fondest memories of the Sabres during the cup runs. Without him, I would have witnessed ZERO stanley cup finals games. I'm not voting for him until it's down to the very end.

RJ on the other hand? As a non-player I think his time has finally come. He has the voice of all Sabres-related memories, but I can't rationally vote out Gil, Rico or Dom before him.

Hasek single-handedly provided me with the fondest memories of the Sabres during the cup runs. Without him, I would have witnessed ZERO stanley cup finals games. I'm not voting for him until it's down to the very end.

RJ on the other hand? As a non-player I think his time has finally come. He has the voice of all Sabres-related memories, but I can't rationally vote out Gil, Rico or Dom before him.

And if you really get down to it, multiple Hart Trophies carry a lot of weight. I for one am well over the whole quitting thing, but at the end of the day, only one Sabres got his name on that trophy and he did it twice.

I don't view Hasek has quitting, but rather being brutally honest with a truth Sabres fans didn't (and apparently still don't) want to hear: that team wasn't committed to winning a championship, and he did have to go elsewhere for a better chance.

This is the way I will always look at it. The Rigases gave Dom no choice but to leave.

I don't view Hasek has quitting, but rather being brutally honest with a truth Sabres fans didn't (and apparently still don't) want to hear: that team wasn't committed to winning a championship, and he did have to go elsewhere for a better chance.

THAT WAS NOT WHEN HE QUIT!!

My apologies for the angry voice, but see up thread for all the gory details.

Speculation based on the reporting of a Jilted Journalist.

Yup. I don't think any of the players or staff who knew the situation have ever spoken out about the groin injuries, so all we have is speculation. As far as I'm concerned he was hurt. If the team had thought he was taking a fall then I don't think he stays a Sabre long after. You have to trade him in the 97 offseason, right?

Yup. I don't think any of the players or staff who knew the situation have ever spoken out about the groin injuries, so all we have is speculation. As far as I'm concerned he was hurt. If the team had thought he was taking a fall then I don't think he stays a Sabre long after. You have to trade him in the 97 offseason, right?

I think Barnaby has alluded to it...but is a jilted player (who also happens to be crazy) any better than a jilted journalist?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.