Favourite all-time Sabre: playoffs

dudacek

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favourite Sabre?

Welcome to the playoffs of the Survivor game to determine the board's all-time favourite Sabre.

Thirty-seven Sabres are left. We start with the survivors who received the most votes in the earlier rounds.

The others will be added in as space in the poll allows.

The former groups no longer matter.

For the playoffs, PLEASE LIMIT YOUR VOTES TO A MAXIMUM of THREE.

(ubkev, this means you)

Edited by dudacek

Welcome to the playoffs of the Survivor game to determine the board's all-time favourite Sabre.

Thirty-seven Sabres are left. We start with the survivors who received the most votes in the earlier rounds.

(ubkev, this means you)

Fine! But I'm playing under protest! Long live Mogilny and Hasek!

(ubkev, this means you)

Only 3 votes? I'd prefer to get the show on the road and vote'em all off except the handful I want to keep. I'm ready to vote out everyone but Ray, Jeanneret, and Perreault. If those 3 make it then I'll have a tough decision to make.

Fine! But I'm playing under protest! Long live Mogilny and Hasek!

Me too. And a special mention goes to Hawerchuk, This is turning into a contest of the Least Offensive Sabre. That's not the same as the Favorite Sabre.

Only 3 votes? I'd prefer to get the show on the road and vote'em all off except the handful I want to keep. I'm ready to vote out everyone but Ray, Jeanneret, and Perreault. If those 3 make it then I'll have a tough decision to make.

Perreault. Not happening, LOL.

Me too. And a special mention goes to Hawerchuk, This is turning into a contest of the Least Offensive Sabre. That's not the same as the Favorite Sabre.

Perreault. Not happening, LOL.

I'm 33 so I didn't catch the bulk of his career but I can appreciate his talent and what he meant to the franchise. Ray was my favorite player but I'll probably vote to keep Jeanneret over everyone else.

Edited by Drunkard

I'm 33 so I didn't catch the bulk of his career but I can appreciate his talent and what he meant to the franchise. Ray was my favorite player but I'll probably vote to keep Jeanneret over everyone else.

I share your sentiments. I was just surprised to see that Perreault has been eliminated. This has been an interesting poll.

I don't remember Perreault even being in the poll.

I think it got mentioned that Perreault and Jeanneret both got passes to the finals so neither has been eliminated.

Yes, and there are quite a few others remaining that are not in the list above because dudacek doesn't have room for them yet.

I seem to remember that he and RJ were given byes into the final of the finals and won't be added until the very final round of voting.

I'm calling it now ... Perreault will win in a squeaker over RJ.

I think the same thing only I see RJ beating Perreault. For the rest of the people it's only a matter of time before they get the boot but I guess it'll be interesting to see who sticks around and for how long given the 3 vote limit.

This also might be turning into a contest of young vs. old(er). It seems like a lot of late 90's players are getting votes...older guys? I'm 34 and voted for Don Edwards and Don Luce as they were before my time. And who is voting Stuuuuuu off the island?

I loved the Don's back in the day, just like most every Sabres fan then. I voted for the Tyler's.

This also might be turning into a contest of young vs. old(er). It seems like a lot of late 90's players are getting votes...older guys? I'm 34 and voted for Don Edwards and Don Luce as they were before my time. And who is voting Stuuuuuu off the island?

I expect this would be the case. for example, anyone who actually saw Mike Ramsey play for most of his career would likely not be voting for him this early. The guy was an absolute anchor for over a decade and received all star game consideration many years without big offensive numbers. He was one of the top 5 defensive defensemen in the league for the vast majority of his career.

I was hoping for more of the above when I started this thread - good discussion on who the right choices are and why.

Why are people voting for Lindy so early?

The guy gave this team more than virtually anybody.

There are arguments to be made that he was part of the problem. I like the guy, but he certainly doesn't cast a long shadow.

What is really surprising to me is, Phil Housley, the poster child for the decade of failed teams pre-Hasek, is getting no votes. Was there ever a more heavily criticized Sabres alum at that talent level?

Andrechuck is getting more love than expected too.

What is really surprising to me is, Phil Housley, the poster child for the decade of failed teams pre-Hasek, is getting no votes. Was there ever a more heavily criticized Sabres alum at that talent level?

Andrechuck is getting more love than expected too.

Only three votes. Otherwise, Housley would have been on my list. He's getting some "love" from me this round, though.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.