Favourite all-time Sabre: playoffs

dudacek

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favourite Sabre?

If Bert, Dom, and Patty aren't the three to remain standing, I've lost all faith in this community.

It bothers me that an entire generation of fans will know nothing more of Gilbert Perreault than as an Elvis impersonator. That's an abomination!

GO SABRES!!!

If Bert, Dom, and Patty aren't the three to remain standing, I've lost all faith in this community.

It bothers me that an entire generation of fans will know nothing more of Gilbert Perreault than as an Elvis impersonator. That's an abomination!

GO SABRES!!!

This is what I expect, with RJ as the wildcard.

Geez, I almost clicked on report by accident.

Anyway, great minds, right. Right?

Also, Glass ... you have some 'slaining to do.

For a while I was just voting for guys named Mike. Now, I'm voting to protect my top three, Nothing against the guys i voted for.

...except Peca. That guy sucks.

I can't believe that Gare, Schoney and Robert have more votes than PLF.

The only reasonable explanation is that the youngsters are jamming the ballot box and they never saw those three play the game.

Patty was absolutely loved in his day. I'm not surprised at all. And the kid was on a hella fun team to watch. I'm shocked at Schoney, the others I think are the lesser stars of that era.

I can't believe that Gare, Schoney and Robert have more votes than PLF.

The only reasonable explanation is that the youngsters are jamming the ballot box and they never saw those three play the game.

Never saw any of them play. I respect what they meant to the team but the Sabres of the 90s are the ones I love.

Patty was absolutely loved in his day. I'm not surprised at all. And the kid was on a hella fun team to watch. I'm shocked at Schoney, the others I think are the lesser stars of that era.

We're also talking about the top guy from his era with the team in LaFontaine vs. a couple of guys who were further down the list during their day. Added to that, LaFontaine is one of the greatest American-born players of all time. That's going to carry some weight.

We're also talking about the top guy from his era with the team in LaFontaine vs. a couple of guys who were further down the list during their day. Added to that, LaFontaine is one of the greatest American-born players of all time. That's going to carry some weight.

Plus RJ's LaLaLaLaFontaine calls probably add a certain je ne sais quoi...

Apples to apples: Rene Robert was my favourite Sabre when I was eight.

But realistically, he wasn't as good or valuable as Perreault or Martin or Schoeny or Gare.

Robert or Schoeny more valuable?

Hmmm?

That's a tough one for me. I give Robert the edge, conventional wisdom is that Rene benefited the most from a great line. but Rene was fast. He opened a lot of space for Perreault and Martin. I really think he would have had similar numbers anywhere.

I'm struggling to come up with a modern version of Rene.

He was better than TJ Oshie, not as good Martin St. Louis.

In terms of stature, maybe Pominville or Eberle, but with more speed and fire than either.

Schoeny though was just a beast to play against.

Robert or Schoeny more valuable?

Hmmm?

That's a tough one for me. I give Robert the edge, conventional wisdom is that Rene benefited the most from a great line. but Rene was fast. He opened a lot of space for Perreault and Martin. I really think he would have had similar numbers anywhere.

Schoeny was captain of the team in '75 for a very good reason.

Okay, I deleted my Schoenfeld vote, but I don't think that makes me indecisive. I mean I could be wrong, but if I had to do it over in a parallel universe, maybe I wouldn't have changed my mind...or maybe I would have...I think...sort of.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.