Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

I am hoping for an Old Republic Trilogy to come around eventually.

I would love to see a storyline with Revan and Malak. Disney probably considers all that to be legend though. If they don’t include some of that stuff in what they’re trying to do going forward they will most likely lose the older fans. You can’t throw away everything and start it all over. Think how fantastic it would be if Snoke turns out to be another incarnation of Vitiate? If they go Old Republic they’d be fools to not use what’s already known.

I would love to see a storyline with Revan and Malak. Disney probably considers all that to be legend though. If they don’t include some of that stuff in what they’re trying to do going forward they will most likely lose the older fans. You can’t throw away everything and start it all over. Think how fantastic it would be if Snoke turns out to be another incarnation of Vitiate? If they go Old Republic they’d be fools to not use what’s already known.

revan makes so much sense. So I doubt it will happen. I have little faith in the mouse delivering on stuff like that Edited by drnkirishone

I re-watched Star Wars 7 recently and I enjoyed it a whole lot less.

There's charm and some great acting (Harrison Ford and Oscar Isaac are frankly too good for this movie), but it's way too safe.

Also, Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren are all written way younger than they are supposed to be. And wayyyyy younger than the actors are. Rey's internal conflict of being abandoned by her parents and still thinking they're gonna come back is like 13 year old stuff max.

Finn pretending to be a resistance member in the first half of the movie is the only thing for him to do other than shout "woohoo!" at other characters.

And I mentioned before how I think Adam Driver is too old to be Kylo Ren. It seems like it should've been an Ezra Miller role.

I hope in 8 all the characters are inexplicably aged up before the movie starts. I feel like there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

Going from JJ Abrams to Rian Johnson is like upgrading from Tyrod to Carson Wentz, so I'm still p excited.

150 minutes, though? Bleeecchhhhh tooooo long.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also pretty sure that the point of this movie is to start breaking down the very idea of light/dark purity.

It would make sense, given what we've seen in the first installment; showing storm troopers are people too, showing Ren as not just ultimate dark side but a conflicted kid. 

Dream scenario? Star Wars surprises me the way Dark Knight did. I just don't see it happening

Pretty sure both are on the American Netflix. I know Rodue One definitely is

Huh, what do you know. I've been more of a Star Trek fan than Star Wars, a fact I've often attributed to having access to all the Star Trek on Netflix and nothing for Star Wars. Times are changing! (I haven't even peeked at the new CBS series; CBS doesn't have it as a "free" stream on their website like most of their other shows and I don't have an antenna.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.