Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

So....The force awakens Luke Shywalker then? Seems to fit the my impression of where Disney is taking the new universe. Luke has lost hope in regenerating the order so he's gone into self imposed exile to search for the truth about the force and his meeting with Rey reawakens his hope. From all of the rumors I've read, that's how this movie goes down. It's mostly about how bad ass Luke really is and will continue to be. I don't think Disney has any reason to kill their bread and butter character off.

So....The force awakens Luke Shywalker then? Seems to fit the my impression of where Disney is taking the new universe. Luke has lost hope in regenerating the order so he's gone into self imposed exile to search for the truth about the force and his meeting with Rey reawakens his hope. From all of the rumors I've read, that's how this movie goes down. It's mostly about how bad ass Luke really is and will continue to be. I don't think Disney has any reason to kill their bread and butter character off.

I'm not saying I also believe this is how things will turn out, but will admit I think Disney will keep Luke around. He's a great Jedi and is a link to the originals. Of all characters to keep around it is him. At least since Carrie Fisher passed away. People want Luke to continue to be a part of the franchise. However, there is always a time for things to change. Have a feeling Luke will be gone after Episode 9.

Finally accepted that the wife and I wouldn't have a chance to see this together in the theater.  Had the opportunity to catch it during the day, so I decided to go alone.  Large reclining stadium seats with a grand total of seven people (me and three senior couples.)  I had a row to myself.  Just me, a bucket of popcorn and a Cherry Coke.  Very nice!

As for the movie, I won't go into a detailed review.  It was a fun movie that got better as it went on.  Had some things that annoyed me, but I got over most of them.  Could have been better, but I was glad that I saw it, especially on the big screen.  I'll watch it again.

• 2 months later...

My theory on the "no moar Jedi" thing, is thus: Luke beleives that as long as people only using the light side of the force exist, people only using the dark side will also exist. The Jedi need to end, and a new group of force users, who can take power from, and tame the powers of, both the light and the dark side of the force, should emerge. This gives a nice option for a Kylo Ren redemption arc, who is learning the dark side currently, something Luke has only flirted with in the past.

My theory on the "no moar Jedi" thing, is thus: Luke beleives that as long as people only using the light side of the force exist, people only using the dark side will also exist. The Jedi need to end, and a new group of force users, who can take power from, and tame the powers of, both the light and the dark side of the force, should emerge. This gives a nice option for a Kylo Ren redemption arc, who is learning the dark side currently, something Luke has only flirted with in the past.

I was thinking along these lines, or that Luke implements the Sith-like rule of two. Basically I think Luke has come to the conclusion that the force demands balance, not purely light side dominance.

And if they go with a Kylo Ren redemption arc, I'll be furious. Okay, I don't care enough to be that mad, but it'd be dumb.

The video stream quality was a mess yesterday, but if anyone needs a healthy cathartic tear in the eye (or outright bawling)...  the Carrie Fisher tribute at Star Wars Celebration yesterday was very beautiful (and then John Williams appeared). This Ebriate needed a drink after watching.

Awesome! About time! Take a look people!

Yeah... I'll probably go see that in the theater. Once or twice.

I was thinking along these lines, or that Luke implements the Sith-like rule of two. Basically I think Luke has come to the conclusion that the force demands balance, not purely light side dominance.

And if they go with a Kylo Ren redemption arc, I'll be furious. Okay, I don't care enough to be that mad, but it'd be dumb.

I think if they do a redemption for him its should be a REAL one, not a mirror of Vader and he dies at the last second killing Snoke to save the world, etc. I think he dives deep into the dark side to start this movie, but begins a move to the light (or balanced) side by the end, and the next episode is fully about him trying to do good again. Or something.

I think if they do a redemption for him its should be a REAL one, not a mirror of Vader and he dies at the last second killing Snoke to save the world, etc. I think he dives deep into the dark side to start this movie, but begins a move to the light (or balanced) side by the end, and the next episode is fully about him trying to do good again. Or something.

I hope they kill him and then he comes back as a real dick of a Force ghost and the last movie is just the plot of Casper. 

The video stream quality was a mess yesterday, but if anyone needs a healthy cathartic tear in the eye (or outright bawling)... the Carrie Fisher tribute at Star Wars Celebration yesterday was very beautiful (and then John Williams appeared). This Ebriate needed a drink after watching.

Yeah... I'll probably go see that in the theater. Once or twice.

I'll see it 3 times. Always do for Star Wars movies. Also make sure I'm at the premier showing in my area. It's fun to meet and talk w/ so many other Star Wars fans.

Rush figured that out 40 years ago on Hemispheres.

(Good god, did I just say that Hemispheres is 40 years old?)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.