Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

If we get Kane for next year, you just know someone is going to start up "the concept of Kassian" stuff with him when he doesn't score 10 goals and fight Chara in the first week.

Oh very true.  There always has to be a whipping boy but if he shows up and scores we will move along to another guy.

Yeah, when they put him retroactive IR yesterday, that sent off alarm bells for me that he wasn't going to finish the season.

I'd imagine he's been playing through something that eventually needed repair. Now that it's hit the fan, both sides say screw it, get the surgery done so he can be kept out of the locker room.

To everyone saying Kane is an attitude problem, bad guy, locker room cancer, team mates don't like him etc etc etc I have zero issue with it. The Patriots would sign him in football and the Yankees would take him in baseball. Stop overplaying that stuff. And if Dustin Bufflein in your guiding light you are in big trouble. You know, the vet who shows up out of shape. Maybe it's good they don't like each other?

Re Ennis for Kane, to the naysayers Ennis is so valuable here? How many goals he putting in? Small guy. Stop it with that too. However the price of Kane is going down all the time so who knows what he is actually worth now but I would say WE are in the drivers seat now with news he will get surgery. Winnipeg needs the revenue from the playoffs. Scratch any contender off the list. I think we dictate the terms on this one.

I'm in left field with Myers though. I don't know about getting a goalie. We need guys that can score.

The reason Kane was put on IR couldn't be more obvious.  If there wasn't an internal war between he and his teammates, he wouldn't be on IR.

To everyone saying Kane is an attitude problem, bad guy, locker room cancer, team mates don't like him etc etc etc I have zero issue with it. The Patriots would sign him in football and the Yankees would take him in baseball. Stop overplaying that stuff. And if Dustin Bufflein in your guiding light you are in big trouble. You know, the vet who shows up out of shape. Maybe it's good they don't like each other?

I agree.  Different locker rooms have very different dynamics.  While Kane may be an immature kid who rubs his older teammates the wrong way, I haven't read anything about him being a criminal or drug addict or getting into brawls or anything like that.

Maintenance day for both Gorges and Myers. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming

I, for one, am relieved.

I have stated before and I will say it again and again ... I would not trade Myers.  He is finally becoming the player I (we) hoped he would be.  Not a Chara, or a Pronger, but pretty close.  I wish he bulks up some.  That would help.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I, for one, am relieved.

I have stated before and I will say it again and again ... I would not trade Myers.  He is finally becoming the player I (we) hoped he would be.  Not a Chara, or a Pronger, but pretty close.  I wish he bulks up some.  That would help.

I like him too and I love the way he's moved forward this season.  But rumors are suggesting that Murray could be about commit armed robbery of some team.  We've got a lot of long-term needs, and some of those needs might outweigh the need to keep Myers, considering that we've got Gorges, Risto, and Zad, with Pysyk, and McCabe in the stable.  I admire the idea of keeping Myers with that group and icing what could develop into a redonkulous defense, but when names like Tatar, Nyquist, Gibson, etc, are thrown around in big package deals, I grow a big rubbery one for the skilled, well-balanced team that helps build.

I'm excited for the player Myers has become, but I'm also excited for the price Murray could exact from some wanting GM.

I like him too and I love the way he's moved forward this season.  But rumors are suggesting that Murray could be about commit armed robbery of some team.  We've got a lot of long-term needs, and some of those needs might outweigh the need to keep Myers, considering that we've got Gorges, Risto, and Zad, with Pysyk, and McCabe in the stable.  I admire the idea of keeping Myers with that group and icing what could develop into a redonkulous defense, but when names like Tatar, Nyquist, Gibson, etc, are thrown around in big package deals, I grow a big rubbery one for the skilled, well-balanced team that helps build.

I'm excited for the player Myers has become, but I'm also excited for the price Murray could exact from some wanting GM.

what rumor?

Assuming this rumour has credibility (and Lavoie is no Garrioch) it makes make think of three things:

• This punctures the balloons of those in the Myers is awful camp. Bob Murray is not the kind of guy to judge players by their stat line, or internet chatter.
  • Have the Sabres have ever been involved in a truly bad deal? I'm not talking lucky trades, like picking up Hasek, I'm talking a major trade like Cam Neely for Barry Pederson or Spezza and Chara for Yashin. 
  • The Ducks are cup contenders. Are you guys ready to watch Myers lift the cup?
Edited by dudacek

Assuming this rumour has credibility (and Lavoie is no Garrioch) it makes make think of three things:

• This punctures the balloons of those in the Myers is awful camp. Bob Murray is not the kind of guy to judge players by their stat line, or internet chatter.
  • Have the Sabres have ever been involved in a truly bad deal? I'm not talking lucky trades, like picking up Hasek, I'm talking a major trade like Cam Neely for Barry Pederson or Spezza and Chara for Yashin. 

I think Nashville has a better team but I am not worried about Myers lifting a cup.  

How much does our trade history really matter though? If I have the timeline correct, the relevant Sabres trade history today starts with the Miller trade. There isn't much out there to evaluate Tim Murray's ability to make trades.

what rumor?

Well, let's take a look:

Larkin, Sheahan/Jurco, 1st rounder

Tatar/Nyquist, Kindl, 1st or Mantha, lesser prospect, 1st/2nd

Anyone of a number of players out of Anaheim, including FowlerBeleskey

Bob McKenzie mulled over a Ryan O'Reilly swap

Hell, even trading for Mike Babcock has been suggested.

There's no reason to concretely believe (or disbelieve) that any of those couldn't still happen.  Except the Mike Babcock one, that's dumb.  And the countdown clock until the trade deadline on Monday March 2nd at 3pm EST has begun.

The window lickers can exit the short bus. Everytime a Sabre farts everyone spooges in their drawers.

I know, right?  Savages.

kleenex-facial-tissue-21400.jpg

Darcy had his moments:

- Gratton for Briere

- Grosek for Dumont and Gilmour

I, for one, am relieved.

If that were true, even remotely, Buffalo would not be as historically bad as they are right now.  By what measure, observational or statistical, makes you think that?  I'm not seeing much....he's not falling down all the time, but he's still getting outmuscled by the likes of Deharnais.  For his size, that is just flat out inexcusable.

Here's a thought: Winnipeg is down a big minutes left winger. They need to plug that hole if they want to make the playoffs. What do we get from them for Moulson or Foligno?

Bag of pucks for Foligno.

If they want Moulson you need to get Stewart signed first.

Edited by sicknfla

Interesting article regarding Myers and possible trade for Fowler.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2015/2/6/why-it-makes-sense-for-the-ducks-to-pay-a-premium-to-acquire-tyler-myers

Good read, thanks for the link. It'd be interesting to see how much money Fowler demands when his deal ends, and I'd like to know if Myers is better with an offensive defensman as a partner like the article says or an anchor like he had in Tallinder

Bag of pucks for Foligno.

If they want Moulson you need to get Stewart signed first.

Moulson is not going to be traded. Not only is he, by far and away, the best RW we have in the system, he just signed here in FA after being traded away the previous season. It would make Buffalo look like to trade him or Georges away

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.