Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Yes I would want that if I were Winnipeg, but I don't think they can get it anymore. Kane has become a problem child and his value has dropped supposedly.

I'll give them Stewart, Ruhwedal, and our 2nd for Kane, but nothing more. 

Good heavens.  Even for you this is nonsensical.

Just for comparison:

Ennis: 319games, 0.254gpg, 0.614ppg

Kane: 361games, 0.302gpg, 0.615ppg

So Ennis is basically producing points the same as Kane at this stage in their careers where Kane is a better goal scorer.

Good post.  I'm not giving up Ennis for Kane.

You guys know I don't want to trade Myers, but you also know ou goaltending future scares me.

Not high on Ritchie, but I love Gibson.

Gibson Theodore Rakell for Myers Enroth.

Couldn't get any better for the tank.

The Kane value question boils down to your pro scouts as to how much more there is in there.

So far his career production looks a hell of a lot like Drew Stafford's.

The price won't be as high as some of you think.

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't have a strong opinion on Ritchie either way, but given that he was #10 overall last year and an 8.0 rating on hockey future, figured he must have some skill. Sounds like most of you would prefer other pieces from the ducks.

Someone else to consider.  McEichel will be targeted by other teams, I'm looking at you Bruins, and the Sabres do not have the best track record of stopping  it.  Kane gives you a power winger with scoring ability and a bodyguard for McEichel as well.  He did drop Matt Cooke with one punch. 

This is what I am most interested in Kane for. There needs to be a heavy grit player to play along side of McDavid, but the skill level needs to be there so we aren't wasting a top line spot on a non scorer/slow player. Kane would score 20-30 on McDavid's wing and punch you in the mouth if you mess with our boy wonder. We don't have that winger on our team right now (Stewart is closest but is UFA).

Myers to ducks interesting. Would want Gibson, Vatanen, and a 1st. Or change the 1st to Ritchie and have us add (STL 1st)

Not chance on Vatanen. We probably could've got him before the season but not now.

Good post. I'm not giving up Ennis for Kane.

Me either. On the ice I think Kane is definitively better, but the off-ice issues make me prefer Ennis.

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't have a strong opinion on Ritchie either way, but given that he was #10 overall last year and an 8.0 rating on hockey future, figured he must have some skill. Sounds like most of you would prefer other pieces from the ducks.

This is what I am most interested in Kane for. There needs to be a heavy grit player to play along side of McDavid, but the skill level needs to be there so we aren't wasting a top line spot on a non scorer/slow player. Kane would score 20-30 on McDavid's wing and punch you in the mouth if you mess with our boy wonder. We don't have that winger on our team right now (Stewart is closest but is UFA).

Exactly what I just said upthread that you called hyperbole. We do not have a player on our roster, in the minors, or in juniors that can bring to us NEXT YEAR what Stewart has brought this year. So you either need to get a proven player to replace him or re-sign him. Hoping that Armia is his replacement is not the answer. You need players of Stewarts ability and then add the Armia's around him.

Last year for Miller/Ott we got Stewart/Carrier/picks. If Stewart is traded for more picks/prospects you just continue to wade in the pool of picks/prospects.

We need to re-sign Stewart, add Kane, add McEichel, hope Reinhart, Grigo, Armia, Pysyk, and McCabe are ready (if they are not included in trades), and add a few UFA's. That would be a minimum of 9 new players next year. Then we have a roster makeover that has a chance to win.

Isn't he almost exactly the same player just less toughness (if it's possible) :sick:

His scoring numbers have been consistently better than Myers and his +/- really came around last year and into this year. He appears to be on an upswing whereas Myers is just stagnating. 

I don't agree. We can't continue to unload every UFA we have and replace them with picks. There is not a prospect in our system that can join our team next year that will be a better player than Stewart.You can almost say the same thing for Stafford. There is no goalie in our system that will do a better job than Enroth. At some point Murray has to acquire players that are proven.

IF I can get Kane for something similar to Stewart/Pysyk/a 1st I do it all day long. Then I bring Stewart back in the summer. Stewart would also be good in mentoring Kane IMO.

A UFA who isn't signed is nothing to the team if he leaves.  You trade him and then attempt to sign him in the off season.  If he wants to be here, he will sign.

I still think a player without huge question marks will have to be included. Hodgson, Foligno, too many unknowns. If I'm Winnipeg I want legit NHL talent that's under contract. Ennis, Moulson, Myers, Girgensons, one of them will need to be included.

Never in a million years would I give up any of those players for Kane. I never liked Kane.  His attitude issues are what make him toxic.

Just for comparison:

Ennis: 319games, 0.254gpg, 0.614ppg

Kane: 361games, 0.302gpg, 0.615ppg

So Ennis is basically producing points the same as Kane at this stage in their careers where Kane is a better goal scorer.

I'd give him up. You're getting more size and toughness but the same production.

Not everyone needs to be big.  I would never trade Ennis for Kane and Ennis seems to be improving and I see hope for him in the future.  He has no attitude issues and is a play maker.  

I really thought any deal for Myers would be offensive prospects coming back.  Not sure what I think about Fowler.  He's a good young player but I would hope a piece to be added would be either a forward prospect or Gibson.  I wonder if the Ducks would take Myers and Enroth for Fowler and Gibson?

I really thought any deal for Myers would be offensive prospects coming back. Not sure what I think about Fowler. He's a good young player but I would hope a piece to be added would be either a forward prospect or Gibson. I wonder if the Ducks would take Myers and Enroth for Fowler and Gibson?

Somebody like Detroit may still step up to the plate. This kind of stuff getting out will only drive the price up. I agree with you. We need offensive talent in return for Myers.

I don't like all this Myers talk. Enough of the deals! We've got 284 draft picks over four years and we need a core. I don't care who is coming back in the deal. I hope this is all just media fluff.

Regarding Kane, no way in hell I give up Ennis. While I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in to see if a change of scenery would do him good, I would be very hesitant to give up anything of value for him. At the very most, one of our last 1st round picks. AT MOST. He is a known locker room cancer, it's the last thing this team needs when grooming young players for the future. 

Somebody like Detroit may still step up to the plate. This kind of stuff getting out will only drive the price up. I agree with you. We need offensive talent in return for Myers.

When you look at the pipeline, I'm not sure I entirely agree.

Things are not as bad as the current roster would suggest.

You've got Reinhart and likely McEichel coming to be your centrepieces.

Guys like Armia, Grigorenko, Bailey, Baptiste, Karabacek, and Cornel all have offensive upside. One or two should emerge. (edit: forgot Lemieux)

And you will still have three picks between 15 and 32, to target some very intriguing offensive talents that aren't usually available in that area.

These are trade chips, as are Stewart and Stafford, that can be leveraged for more proven scorers.

Complementary top-six wingers are usually available as free agents as well.

So while offensive talent would be nice for Myers, it's not a necessity.

That said, Gibson needs to be coming back to make the Fowler/Myers deal work for me.

Guys like Myers aren't easy to find.

Edited by dudacek

If it were Nick Ritchie and Hampus Lindholm coming back, I'd trade Myers and the BUF 2nd rounder NYI 1st.

It'd be the quality over quantity trade that we deserve for Myers (who's leading us in ice time).  Two great young guys.  LW Ritchie (10th overall) with power-forward size would compliment any young center we put out there.  Sophomore D Lindholm (6th overall) has already shown his competency at the NHL level with 52 points in 128 games.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.