Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 5h5 hours ago

#Sabres Neuvirth in December and January: 0-8, 4.09 GAA, .889 save percentage. Has to be better to have ANY trade value.

Oof.

That's a guy you win a shart with. Come on Murray, nows the time to move enroth!! Edited by Derrico

I think it's The Cosmopolitan (wraparound terrace suite most likely).

I think Promo is right. From that side of the Cosmo you would be able to see The Bellagio, no? You wouldn't have a clear view of Caesars or Ballys.

I could be mistaken, I haven't stayed on the strip in years. In my day the Palms was the place to party. Also the Palms had the second hottest hookers to the Hard Rock. Not that I do that sort of thing, but I know people....

Anyways, I see absolutely nothing wrong with using a brick of bills as a cellphone in Vegas. Doesn't everyone?

Another thought, if Kane was an NFL player, a great one, we'd be clamoring for the Bills to sign him.

IF he was a great NHL player I would be clamoring to sign him but he has questions around his durability and his ability.  Right now he looks like a possible 20g 50pt player during good years.  That doesn't scream great.

This team REALLY sucks right now and if there is a chance to get Kane, do it now. Anyone having fun watching this shiitshow as it stands? They HAVE to take a chance at some point and Kane on the wing is just another building piece to what the ultimate goal is.

It all depends on what we have to give up.  Ennis straight up? Done.  Stewart? Done.  Maybe throw in a 2nd this year.  Myers? Not unless there is more than Kane coming back.  So far Kane has been a problem child and has a great amount of risk.  I wouldn't be willing to do more in a trade.  Just move on to the next option.

Did the morning GR people just say they would trade Myers, Foligno & the Blues #1 for E. Kane?

I think Jeremy did, but he's willing to trade anything for anything just to make a trade. 

I'm less worried about E Kane's off the ice antics than I am about his locker room issues.  Breaking team rules and bailing on your teammates isn't the type of player that brings a room together.

Did the morning GR people just say they would trade Myers, Foligno & the Blues #1 for E. Kane?

If they did they are absolute morons.

Taking a look at Nick Ritchie, meh, he doesn't really do much for me. I know this conversation was a little while back but idk the kid is basically slightly bigger Brendan Lemieux with less goals and speed, plus he is 4 months older.  It just seems like we could look for a better prospect somewhere else or ask for something different.  To me I would trade Myers to either Detroit or Vancouver.

Edited by LGR4GM

If they did they are absolute morons.

Taking a look at Nick Ritchie, meh, he doesn't really do much for me. I know this conversation was a little while back but idk the kid is basically slightly bigger Brendan Lemieux with less goals and speed, plus he is 8 months older. It just seems like we could look for a better prospect somewhere else or ask for something different. To me I would trade Myers to either Detroit or Vancouver.

I want Gibson, and if traded, want Myers out of the conference just in case he does become Chara-like regardless of the likelyhood

It all depends on what we have to give up.  Ennis straight up? Done.  Stewart? Done.  Maybe throw in a 2nd this year.  Myers? Not unless there is more than Kane coming back.  So far Kane has been a problem child and has a great amount of risk.  I wouldn't be willing to do more in a trade.  Just move on to the next option.

I think something like Ennis and the Blues 1st rounder is close to getting it done. Throw in a 2nd on top? Fine with me. 

If I am trading with Anaheim I want Fowler, Gibson and a pick for Myers.

Although I agree with this, I was reading the Ducks message board on the rumor of Myers for Fowler and their fans were saying there better be another Buffalo piece coming back in the deal.  I haven't seen much of Fowler but their fans seem really high on him.  I'd settle for Fowler and Gibson.

I think the two ideas they were tossing around were: Foligno, 1st round pick and Armia or Ennis, McCabe and a 1st.

Insanity.  They always overvalue the trade target and devalue the Sabres assets when analyzing these deals.  You would think they were talking about P Kane not E Kane.  

E Kane is a nice player and has a lot of upside, but a lot of risk as well. 

I understand getting Gibson and picks.  I don't get trading Myers for another defenseman.  It seems to me that if Myers gets traded it is for something the Sabres lack, the goalie of the future or offensive scoring.  That's the opportunity.  Trade an asset where the team is deepest for where the Sabres are not.

Not a chance that happens. The more I read, the more I'd be happier with Fowler straight up. Him and Myers are very different defensemen, but at the end of the day I'd value Fowler's offense higher for us. Better passer, powerplay QB, drives possession. Myers is better in his own zone and a more valuable penalty killer, but if I'm projecting out 3 years, we shouldn't need a shutdown defender if Risto and one of Zadorov or Pysyk hits.

I understand getting Gibson and picks. I don't get trading Myers for another defenseman. It seems to me that if Myers gets traded it is for something the Sabres lack, the goalie of the future or offensive scoring. That's the opportunity. Trade an asset where the team is deepest for where the Sabres are not.

I don't think we're that deep on defense anymore. Risto and Zadorov are already here, Pysyk will be, and McCabe has struggled mightily in the A. Who else is there? If we trade Myers and one of those prospects doesn't hit, that's one ugly defensive corps.

It's amazing how I've come full circle on this :lol:

Although I agree with this, I was reading the Ducks message board on the rumor of Myers for Fowler and their fans were saying there better be another Buffalo piece coming back in the deal.  I haven't seen much of Fowler but their fans seem really high on him.  I'd settle for Fowler and Gibson.

Ducks fans are right.  Fowler is better than Myers.  And, a deal like that when the team (Ducks) is at the top of the standings is risky.

My guess: if Myers is moved it'll be to the Kings.  They need immediate defense help and have goaltending and forward depth to send our way.

I understand getting Gibson and picks.  I don't get trading Myers for another defenseman.  It seems to me that if Myers gets traded it is for something the Sabres lack, the goalie of the future or offensive scoring.  That's the opportunity.  Trade an asset where the team is deepest for where the Sabres are not.

If you trade Myers we are no longer deep on defense and you would need someone to come back and play his minutes. 

I think something like Ennis and the Blues 1st rounder is close to getting it done. Throw in a 2nd on top? Fine with me. 

Ennis produces points at Kane's rate without his drama so... No.  I would not trade Ennis plus for questionable Kane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.