Sabres name Brian Gionta 27th team captain; Gorges and Moulson get As

Hoss

Good choices.

Glad to see Staff wasn't given an A. Hopefully he'll play well w/out the expectation that he be a leader (contract year probably doesn't hurt the cause either).

No need w/ the vets that have been brought in to force Myers, Girgs, or the other younger guys into a leadership role. Let them have those when the other guys are too long in the tooth and the young ones are hitting their stride.

(Says the guy that is on board w/ the tank. :lol:)

I was kinda hoping Myers would've shown enough to have gotten a letter. Or, if not Myers, then Ennis or one of the other holdovers. Giving all 3 of the letters to FNGs kinda makes a statement about the lack of letter-wearing-worthiness in the preexisting roster.

Very good choices.

Also, this is no longer in my signature block, but it remains among my favorite posts on Sabrespace ever:

I don't care who the captains are as long as Drew Stafford isn't one of them. In fact I don't think he should be allowed to have an A in his own name.

Nice choices to be sure. Kinda what everybody thought except perhaps Moulson. Gionta will do as a placeholder until Girgensens assumes the reigns. And I thank God Stafford wasn't selected. Can't have an ocassional floater that takes shifts off serve as an example for all the young players on this team. Anybody else see Stafford blocking shots when down by 10 goals in the 3rd period like Girgs?

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.