The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

A generation? how long is a generation in hockey. I'm not sure...but probably in that 5 years it was Lafleur, Dionne, or Gil.

It is my bias, but I think Gil was the best player of the three.

Interesting. I think I would have to say Guy Lafleur.

Dodges flying beer cans and takes shelter.

Interesting. I think I would have to say Guy Lafleur.

Dodges flying beer cans and takes shelter.

No need to dodge beer cans; we throw empty bourbon bottles here.

In all seriousness, Lafleur was amazing, but look who he got to play with.

Dionne was pretty amazing, too, and he REALLY had no one to play with.

It's a tough call all the way around.

In all seriousness, Lafleur was amazing, but look who he got to play with.

Dionne was pretty amazing, too, and he REALLY had no one to play with.

It's a tough call all the way around.

I always thought about it this way if Guy was in Buffalo and Gil in Montreal, Gil might have 12 cups and be spoken of with reverential hushes.

Well throwing full bourbon bottles is alcohol abuse and that's just silly.

Actually, from a business stand point there is a huge difference. With McDavid I can get $300 per ticket over cost of ticket thanks to Canadien market. With Eichel , about one third

That actually makes me want to draft Eichel more. More hometown fans at games would hopefully help the weak energy less building that is FNC

Not the best of his generation, probably, but maybe.

Certainly a generational talent, though.

And, last, but not least, we won the right to draft him by winning a spinning wheel version of a draft lottery.

You know, we do seem to forget about that. It doesn't fit the Buffalo narrative.

Not the best of his generation, probably, but maybe.

Certainly a generational talent, though.

And, last, but not least, we won the right to draft him by winning a spinning wheel version of a draft lottery.

You know, we do seem to forget about that. It doesn't fit the Buffalo narrative.

Yep, there was a time in the '70's that Buffalo arguably had the best player in 3 different sports @ the same time.

Tonight will be an important game for those following the Tank. Sabres play another cellar team - the Oilers - who are only one point ahead of Buffalo. AND Buffalo is currently in a 3 way tie for last place with Carolina and Columbus. If the Sabres win, Sabres could suddenly find themselves 3rd or 4th from last place.

Well throwing full bourbon bottles is alcohol abuse and that's just silly.

That actually makes me want to draft Eichel more. More hometown fans at games would hopefully help the weak energy less building that is FNC

Energy supplied in the building only happens now when enough opposing team fans are here. Toronto, Montreal etc. and to be sure it is the wrong energy!

A good team will help weak energy in the building. It was always rocking the two years after the lockout.

Agreed

until the new season ticket holders gentrified things when the team got trendy.

I technically disagree with you but understand your point. See above.

The two years after the lockout are full of trendy season ticket buyers that yelled at the games and will again. And most of them are still onboard I believe. But to be clear it is the team that has sapped all life out of the building with the product they have been putting out year after year that has gotten worse and worse each year. The place is like a library some nights but I'm not losing my voice for a team that wont shoot, can't score and displays no passion on the ice most nights.

That may sound a little bandwagonish but I assure you, product equals passion in the stands. We are not Pittsburgh with a great fun team only to have a library for an arena. Too many corp seats there now and maybe winning is just ho hum to them. We are not Toronto with a corporate season ticket base that isn't even watching the game regardless if the team is good or bad.

I wonder how many pro-tankers watch other teams play on a regular basis. They raised the price of GameCenterLive this year, but good lord is it worth it. The level of play by just about every other team is so far beyond the Sabres that I'm really quite stunned. I just don't think that most tankers realize how bad the Sabres really are.

I wonder how many pro-tankers watch other teams play on a regular basis. They raised the price of GameCenterLive this year, but good lord is it worth it. The level of play by just about every other team is so far beyond the Sabres that I'm really quite stunned. I just don't think that most tankers realize how bad the Sabres really are.

I don't think most Sabres fans would be able to tell the difference. Most wax poetic for the Ott days and promote ham and eggers like Cody McCormick. Some genius here even wants Rheinhart in the Ice Follies. The best of the league has superior talent. The hardest working team will still lose to hard working talent.

I know exactly how bad we are. The CHL isn't a toss up IMO; a few posters were/are worried about the Canes and such, and rightfully so according to the standings, but the play besides the score is absurdly lopsided in the Sabres...favor? depending on your pov.

The sad thing is, this is the best the Sabres will be this season. At some point this year, the Sabres will throw a punch or two back for a few weeks, like all bad teams are wont to do, probably around mid January, and then the deadline will come and go, and we'll lose all semblance of being an NHL team and become the QMJHL expansion team we always knew we were.

It's not a question as to if we will win McEichel, it's just a question of which one we'll get.

Edited by WildCard

Not a pro-tanker, but I watch an equal number of Preds games as Sabres games (have 1/2 season tickets for the Preds). It's like watching teams in two different leagues. The biggest difference as I see it is passing. The Sabres don't seem to have any idea where their teammates are supposed to be on the ice and just dump the puck rather than try to make a play. The Preds tape-to-tape passing is impressive. And, the offensive ability of the Preds defensemen is night-and-day better than the Sabres goal-less backenders. Not even close. The Preds had a two-on-one yesterday against St. Louis... and it was two defensemen (Weber and Josi). Unheard of in Buffalo.

Not a pro-tanker, but I watch an equal number of Preds games as Sabres games (have 1/2 season tickets for the Preds). It's like watching teams in two different leagues. The biggest difference as I see it is passing. The Sabres don't seem to have any idea where their teammates are supposed to be on the ice and just dump the puck rather than try to make a play. The Preds tape-to-tape passing is impressive. And, the offensive ability of the Preds defensemen is night-and-day better than the Sabres goal-less backenders. Not even close. The Preds had a two-on-one yesterday against St. Louis... and it was two defensemen (Weber and Josi). Unheard of in Buffalo.

Oof. I didn't even realize that our D doesn't have a single goal yet this year.

ugh.