The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

I was thinking about this the other day. The way the current is being constructed I am not sure they have a losing culture as far as internally. By that I mean they seem keenly aware of their limitations but are not necessarily negative about it. Bogosian seems to be a leader and I believe their are other leaders in that room. This team is mentally stronger than the old one that's for sure. I think Ted Nolan has helped hold them together as well. Next year will have a different feel and some of the most important pieces, Reinhart, 2015 1st rounder, Girgensons, don't strike me as the type of players that except losing.

Reinhart will be here next year but not sure how effective. The 2105 pick could be Marner/Strome who will not be here next year. Girgs is already here. Other than Kane who is this team adding next year that is going to make it so much better than this year?

The tank might be over but the suffering isn't.

Reinhart will be here next year but not sure how effective. The 2105 pick could be Marner/Strome who will not be here next year. Girgs is already here. Other than Kane who is this team adding next year that is going to make it so much better than this year?

The tank might be over but the suffering isn't.

You mistake my post.  The mythos is that the Sabres have a losing philosophy which to me indicates they (meaning the team) expects to and is comfortable losing.  I do not believe that to be the case.  They do not strike me as a team that won't battle regardless of the score or the win/loss record. The veteran and young players in that room are fighters.  How good they will be next season I dare not guess but they they will be better. 

You mistake my post.  The mythos is that the Sabres have a losing philosophy which to me indicates they (meaning the team) expects to and is comfortable losing.  I do not believe that to be the case.  They do not strike me as a team that won't battle regardless of the score or the win/loss record. The veteran and young players in that room are fighters.  How good they will be next season I dare not guess but they they will be better. 

I agree with you Liger. This board has a losing mentality. The team will improve. I'm not sure the board will. I've been waiting a long time to see a change in attitude where there aren't many passengers on the team. Where guys play for each other and go to the wall for each other and I think despite the losing we are starting to see this happen. There were many 1 goal losses this year or games where it could have gone either way. The corsi would say otherwise but with the right additions that can turn around quickly. Next season its all about winning. We may not make the playoffs but I for one ain't in on the tank for next year.

I agree with you Liger. This board has a losing mentality. The team will improve. I'm not sure the board will. I've been waiting a long time to see a change in attitude where there aren't many passengers on the team. Where guys play for each other and go to the wall for each other and I think despite the losing we are starting to see this happen. There were many 1 goal losses this year or games where it could have gone either way. The corsi would say otherwise but with the right additions that can turn around quickly. Next season its all about winning. We may not make the playoffs but I for one ain't in on the tank for next year.

I'm with you guys too, unicorn and jujube eater that I am.

I'm with you guys on this.  I have a feeling TM is going to be very active this offseason.  That doesn't mean just FA but also trades, particularly around the draft.  McEichel or not, I think Tim wants this team to make some big strides next year and will be in on ROR discussions and others who can help right away.

I'm with you guys on this.  I have a feeling TM is going to be very active this offseason.  That doesn't mean just FA but also trades, particularly around the draft.  McEichel or not, I think Tim wants this team to make some big strides next year and will be in on ROR discussions and others who can help right away.

Maybe GMTM is sandbagging, but he told a Toronto paper he hopes next year's team is better but still out of the playoffs and in the lottery for the top three picks.

That's what you got out of that quote?

I don't mean to take sides or anything but to me that's literally exactly what GMTM said. He said he hopes that we're improving but still have a chance to win the lottery, and to have that chance you need to miss the playoffs, no? It was inclusive in the 'i hope' statement. It's just cause of PA's reputation that it's going over this way on the board.

And I'll add that I don't think Murray would rather miss than make the playoffs, I think he meant to say it differently but that's what came out.

I don't mean to take sides or anything but to me that's literally exactly what GMTM said. He said he hopes that we're improving but still have a chance to win the lottery, and to have that chance you need to miss the playoffs, no? It was inclusive in the 'i hope' statement. It's just cause of PA's reputation that it's going over this way on the board.

And I'll add that I don't think Murray would rather miss than make the playoffs, I think he meant to say it differently but that's what came out.

I had to re-read it to get what you and PA are seeing in it.

The Kane trade would seem to me to show that next year isn't about tanking. We'll see what the summer brings.

I'll just say I don't read this quote the same way you guys do and leave it at that.

I had to re-read it to get what you and PA are seeing in it.

The Kane trade would seem to me to show that next year isn't about tanking. We'll see what the summer brings.

I'll just say I don't read this quote the same way you guys do and leave it at that.

I had to do the same the other way, so I really think that's all there is to it :) 

• 4 weeks later...