The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

Even if we draft both McDavid and Eichel (assuming the Islanders collapse and win the lottery *and* that we finish dead last in the league), it'll be at least 25 years before we're good again.

Woooo wooooo, 25 years is way to short... it will be at least 50 years.

I hear that Crosby has his boys frozen at some bank. We can crack the vault and breed our own players. There is time.

You probably know that Sid lived with Lemieux after he moved to Pittsburgh. Mario has a daughter who's playing college hockey now. Can you imagine the hockey genes in that potential love child?

I like to watch the stats to see how healthy the Tank is;

Total Goals - 18 after 16 games - worst in the league by a comfortable 2 goal margin

Goals for/Game - continuing to be the worst in the NHL - average is now 1.13, and the gap between Buffalo and the next worst team has incresased to 0.54 goals.

Goals Against - worst in the league by a two goal margin

GF/Goals Against differential - a league worst -2.19 goals. Buffalo's goal in this has widened to over a goal per game against the next worst team

Shots for per game - 22.3 - worst in the league - a staggering 4.3 shot per game gap over the next worst team in the league

Shots against per game - 37.4 - again, worst in the league by a 2.2 shot margin

Shots for/Shots against differential - by FAR the worst in the league at -15.2 differential. We're almost 10 shots worse than the next worst team in the league.

Goals against per game - just about the only stat we aren't the worst in - we're only 4th worst, and we're 0.32 goals against out of last place. I blame Neuvirth - the front office should direct Nolan to play Enroth more frequently. Or maybe bring Patrick Lalime back? Sloppier goal-tending would also help the other stats considerably.

At any rate, Buffalo is the worst of the league in 7 out of 8 stats, and by a comfortable margin on most of them. A little attention to goal tending, and Buffalo could be 8 for 8. GMTM's tank appears to be a Tank for the Ages.

One of the tank tracker stats I like to follow: 18 or 30 teams already have twice as many points as Buffalo.

The current top team in the league has 23 points. The Sabres are on pace to get there in game 46... On January 15th.

8th place is currently occupied by a team that has 18 points. The Sabres are on pace to get there on game 36 on December 23rd.

Edited by Tankalicious

One of the tank tracker stats I like to follow: 18 or 30 teams already have twice as many points as Buffalo.

The current top team in the league has 23 points. The Sabres are on pace to get there in game 46... On January 15th.

8th place is currently occupied by a team that has 18 points. The Sabres are on pace to get there on game 36 on December 23rd.

Realistically their point production will go above that pace a little bit as teams nearly unanimously play their backup and fail to bring their A game. The good news for the tank is Columbus & Colorado will likely face the same rise proportionally.

Realistically their point production will go above that pace a little bit as teams nearly unanimously play their backup and fail to bring their A game. The good news for the tank is Columbus & Colorado will likely face the same rise proportionally.

Yes, of course. I just think it's interesting to look at during certain moments. I like when teams start getting their point total above the total we're on pace for.

Yep, there was a time in the '70's that Buffalo arguably had the best player in 3 different sports @ the same time.

It's hard to remember but that was a great time. Still think the Braves and McAdoo would have won a couple of rings if it weren't for Snyder and the Chicken King

Edited by tom webster

The 70s was a great time for Western New York sports. Sabres and Bills entered their current professional league and had some good/great players and Bonas was at the height of their history with Bob Lanier at the helm.

Will anything top the 90s though? We were so spoiled. Bills owned the first half of the decade, Sabres the second (and both teams were always watchable, even the Sombreros in 95-96). Super Bowls. The Aud. The Marena. Hasek. Kelley. Marv. Mucks. Art Wander. And a cast of thousands.

Will anything top the 90s though? We were so spoiled. Bills owned the first half of the decade, Sabres the second (and both teams were always watchable, even the Sombreros in 95-96). Super Bowls. The Aud. The Marena. Hasek. Kelley. Marv. Mucks. Art Wander. And a cast of thousands.

As a Bonaventure grad who wasn't alive in the 70s I still take the 70s haha.

Being in the Gallagher Center and the Reilly Center during Murphy and Lanier was something special for a 9 year old kid. I will forever be indebted to my cousin.

Heard so many stories of the Reilly Center and have many to tell of my time there. Truly a special place. One of the best in college basketball -- according to Jay Bilas who said it was the 4th toughest place to play in 2001. Has fallen a bit since then but still tough.

Heard so many stories of the Reilly Center and have many to tell of my time there. Truly a special place. One of the best in college basketball -- according to Jay Bilas who said it was the 4th toughest place to play in 2001. Has fallen a bit since then but still tough.

Should I be ashamed I haven't gone yet? I plan on it, just haven't yet because of a busy first year and me disliking the sport of basketball rather severely.

Should I be ashamed I haven't gone yet? I plan on it, just haven't yet because of a busy first year and me disliking the sport of basketball rather severely.

Yes. You should be. ;)

It's a great time -- basketball fan or not. There are the disgusting group of people who make the idiotic remarks that are, unfortunately, a part of college sports (or sports in general), but it's a great time otherwise.

Yes. You should be. ;)

It's a great time -- basketball fan or not. There are the disgusting group of people who make the idiotic remarks that are, unfortunately, a part of college sports (or sports in general), but it's a great time otherwise.

Hmmmmm, I guess I'll give it a try :P I'll report my experience in the awesome thread, perhaps, or complaint thursday, depending on how it goes!

http://www.thestar.c...sabres_cox.html

"Best-case scenario, we’re talking 2020 before it’s time to take Buffalo seriously again, and that’s if they get McDavid." Damien Cox.

This would mean the "TANK" isnt even close to half over. It also means that I think Cox didn't do enough research of what really is going on in Buffalo with its treasure chest of prospects / future draft picks, its willingness to spend money on vets (when the time is right). Maybe I'm way too optistmistic, maybe Ive embraced the tank a little too strong but I fully expect the Sabres to be relly good in 2016/17 and scary good in 2017/18.

I can not wait to remind Cox of this artice sooner rather than later.

by the way 4 point nights for both Bailey and Reinhart last night.

Edited by Crusader1969