Murray Heaven - Hockey Heaven is dead. Long live Murray Heaven

X. Benedict

Well played sir.

Yes I like it and give TM a lot of credit for going at it the way he see's fit. This move is a culture changer, serve notice, new sheriffs in town.

Tear it down to build it up right or right as you see it anyways. NFW Darcy would ever have been able to do something like this.

Tim is not timid and i for one find this a refreshing change for this team.

Can't wait to see who he gets in UFA or trade to round out this comings years roster.

Go Tim, Go.

Edited by R_dudly

Well played sir.

Yes I like it and give TM a lot of credit for going at it the way he see's fit. This move is a culture changer, serve notice, new sheriffs in town.

Tear it down to build it up right or right as you see it anyways. NFW Darcy would ever have been able to do something like this.

Can't wait to see who he gets in UFA or trade to round out this comings years roster.

Go Tim, Go.

Good to see ya!

Hope you can stay awhile -- at least while there's UFA action afoot.

Well played sir.

Go Tim, Go.

How do stranger? PA tips his Stetson.

Good to see ya!

Hope you can stay awhile -- at least while there's UFA action afoot.

Thanks for noticing although can't make any promises family, work and then some much needed Dudly time must take precedence. :P

How do stranger? PA tips his Stetson.

I do very well sir and I must say that when i do steal some time to catch up on all you Sabrespacer's I am very happy to see you are again a regular ball bust,, er I mean contributor... ;)

New era is at hand in Buffalo. A GM who wants to shape a team of young guns into achievers. The days of giving lip service to winning and not gutting it out on the ice are over. If you don't want to be a part of the solution, don't let the door hit you in the rear. Erhoff wanted out but he had a contract no one

wanted to assume. Was he an asset? Yes. Could his trade brought in another player of picks? Yes. Was it doable? No. Tough decision had to be made and Murray was up to the task. After the bleak end of the Regier regime this is a bright dawning of a new day and I like it.

New era is at hand in Buffalo. A GM who wants to shape a team of young guns into achievers. The days of giving lip service to winning and not gutting it out on the ice are over. If you don't want to be a part of the solution, don't let the door hit you in the rear. Erhoff wanted out but he had a contract no one

wanted to assume. Was he an asset? Yes. Could his trade brought in another player of picks? Yes. Was it doable? No. Tough decision had to be made and Murray was up to the task. After the bleak end of the Regier regime this is a bright dawning of a new day and I like it.

Captains.jpg

Ya don't say?

New era is at hand in Buffalo. A GM who wants to shape a team of young guns into achievers. The days of giving lip service to winning and not gutting it out on the ice are over. If you don't want to be a part of the solution, don't let the door hit you in the rear. Erhoff wanted out but he had a contract no one wanted to assume. Was he an asset? Yes. Could his trade brought in another player of picks? Yes. Was it doable? No. Tough decision had to be made and Murray was up to the task. After the bleak end of the Regier regime this is a bright dawning of a new day and I like it.

I'm betting there were a large number of teams that would have loved to assume Ehrhoff's current contract. $4M/yr for a good D? Sign me up. None of those teams offered up enough that would make the risk to the Sabres ($10M in recapture) worthwhile.

We can officially burn the piece of paper that has the phrase "I'm waiting for the market to set itself".

In the best Darcy mumble.

While this has been a pretty good day, I'm still going to temper my enthusiasm. Too many times in the past 4 years have we been excited that we won the off-season.

Relax. We will still stink. But today is a little more hopeful.

Relax. We will still stink. But today is a little more hopeful.

I agree. Even if they sign another 5-6-7 vet blueliner, the combination of youth/mediocrity on the blueline, and average to below average goaltending, will lead to being VERY competitive for 29th or 30th place in the standings.

Who are we going to leapfrog?

Edited by LabattBlue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.