Murray Heaven - Hockey Heaven is dead. Long live Murray Heaven

X. Benedict

I agree. Even if they sign another 5-6-7 vet blueliner, the combination of youth/mediocrity on the blueline, and average to below average goaltending, will lead to being VERY competitive for 29th or 30th place in the standings.

Who are we going to leapfrog?

Hopefiully the Isles.

Quotes the current press conference:

Reporter: "Are you done?"

Murray: "Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know. Well, I do know, but I'm not going to tell you."

"People can get on the bandwagon early or late, but get on it early. We take this seriously.

Does anybody not love this guy yet?

Murray: "Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know. Well, I do know, but I'm not going to tell you."

"People can get on the bandwagon early or late, but get on it early. We take this seriously.

I love this guy more and more with every press conference.

Who hired this guy?

Tim Murray doesn't get hired, hockey organizations form around him.

Awesome ....

I watched his press conference, today. I have this sensation that I'm watching a savant. He was put on earth to be a hockey GM. I'm not convinced he could order wine at dinner or pick up dry cleaning. He is, however, at peace and in control, traveling a path he sees clearly. Like many extraordinary talents, he is frustrated because others seem to be slow on the uptake. He almost seems confused that no one sees what he sees. I find myself more fearful that he'll get bored than I am that he'll fail.

I know, we'll all know more in three years. I described him in the magical terms that I've learned are ultimately revealed to be incomplete. I get it. Man, what a first impression ...

I love this guy more and more with every press conference.

Ditto that. Thank you sir may I have another !

What a refreshing change to see blatant honesty in the public eye.

Tim Murray doesn't get hired, hockey organizations form around him.

Well played!

Edited by R_dudly

Outstanding.

Still in good shape for the tank but better positioned for future success with the moves made today. Murray is the real deal.

Good synopsis. I completely agree.

Who hired this guy?

PLF deserves some of the credit, to be sure, but it was mostly Battista.

Awesome ....

I watched his press conference, today. I have this sensation that I'm watching a savant. He was put on earth to be a hockey GM. I'm not convinced he could order wine at dinner or pick up dry cleaning. He is, however, at peace and in control, traveling a path he sees clearly. Like many extraordinary talents, he is frustrated because others seem to be slow on the uptake. He almost seems confused that no one sees what he sees. I find myself more fearful that he'll get bored than I am that he'll fail.

I know, we'll all know more in three years. I described him in the magical terms that I've learned are ultimately revealed to be incomplete. I get it. Man, what a first impression ...

Now that is some high-octane hockey mysticism.

I watched his press conference, today. I have this sensation that I'm watching a savant. He was put on earth to be a hockey GM. I'm not convinced he could order wine at dinner or pick up dry cleaning.

GMTM's wrinkled chinos tell me you might be right. He is either a savant, or a shlub. Maybe both.

Nice to come home from a men's league game and hear all about these signings. I agree Sabres will need some growing up, but the D is solidified with Georges and Mazaros. Myers is expendable now and can be traded for another number 1 in 2015 and the Sabres gained some veteran leadership for the young guys.

All smiles... if Murray does not do anything more except deal with Myers till next years draft he has done more that Darcy did competently in 16 years here. Wow.... I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an incoming train...

We can now change all the Chuck Norris jokes to GMTM jokes. Love this!

There used to be a street named after Tim Murray, but it was changed because nobody crosses Tim Murray and lives.

Tim Murray can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

Tim Murray doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.