Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Canadiens go with four A's, and no C.

Bxk9GwYIYAERCTV.jpg

LeBrun tweet said Sens' are considering doing the same.

Also, there is something genuinely weird about that photo. My favorite elements, the guy second from the left (I will not pretend to know who he is) has terrific Euro-trash white shoes (so, yeah, he must be a Euro). Markov looks like he came for a Bond villain casting call.

Looks like a team that is ready to miss the playoffs.

Canadiens go with four A's, and no C.

Bxk9GwYIYAERCTV.jpg

LeBrun tweet said Sens' are considering doing the same.

Also, there is something genuinely weird about that photo. My favorite elements, the guy second from the left (I will not pretend to know who he is) has terrific Euro-trash white shoes (so, yeah, he must be a Euro). Markov looks like he came for a Bond villain casting call.

Man, that's gimmicky. Can't they just name a new captain each month?

I just remember how stupid it was when the Sabres did it.

It's always awful. It screams of a ###### management structure. The coach needs to walk in the room and say "You! You're this team's captain. If anyone has a problem with that, you know where my office is, and you know my policy on whining bitch hockey players. Have a nice day."

Maybe at the time they're given out. But if you're on the middle of a playoff series are you really going to leg that impact your leadership? If a player let that happen, I'd argue they shouldn't have any letter, much less the C.

If you're a leader you would already be wearing a C and it would be a non issue.

Giving everyone an A basically says "we don't have any expectations for any of you." If they did they'd give out a C to someone.

Clearly management doesn't value having a player who deserves a C without question. It all feels very Darcy Regier.

Giving a letter to a player who doesn't deserve it isn't going to win any favors from the players. At best people will tacitly accept it and you'll have no real leadership. At worst you'll create resentment and begin breaking down the locker room.

Giving everyone an "A" is like a participation award.

Clearly the Montreal brass is trying to play to 3 people in that group and keep them happy. Either that or none of them are really worthy of being the "C" in which case.. they have a problem.

Absolutely. Now, I know I'm not an NHL coach nor a revered strategist, but I'd like to think that if on your breakout play your winger is only going to go to the center of the ice then that defenseman on the other team is still going to be a problem.

Therefore, the breakout fails. Therefore, Phil does not get the puck. Therefore, Phil does not score.

Perhaps he swung his purse at the coach?

I think the Leafs should trade for John Scott.

Absolutely. Now, I know I'm not an NHL coach nor a revered strategist, but I'd like to think that if on your breakout play your winger is only going to go to the center of the ice then that defenseman on the other team is still going to be a problem.

Therefore, the breakout fails. Therefore, Phil does not get the puck. Therefore, Phil does not score.

Perhaps he swung his purse at the coach?

I think the Leafs should trade for John Scott.

I liked the comment that said something like: Before you can devise a breakout play, first you have to devise a way to get Phil into the defensive zone

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.