Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Whats the breakdown..$2 a game or so if you get CI and watch the games...the NBC Sports network carries a few that ypu may miss and NHL network is gratis if you've CI. Why all the hub bub? I've had CI for years and find that the price is fine for what you get. Games every night league wide.. sounds like pure ass hattery to clog the system with

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod

As per @NYDNSports, Wang is being sued $10M by Barroway group for backing out of "handshake" deal, then selling Isles to another group.

According to the Daily News report and court docs, the Isles were sold on Aug 1 to some other group.

So that's interesting... Wang strikes again... :rolleyes:

[tweet]

Isles were sold on Aug 1 to some other group.

Huh.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1899742

Pretty scheisty. Wang offers to sell the team at an agreed price, sees the Ballmer buy the Clippers for $2B, and then jacks up the price on his franchise.

Islanders owner Charles Wang is being sued for reneging on the sale of his NHL franchise and accused of allowing “greed” motivated by an “unrelated,” more lucrative bid for the NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers to compromise the deal.

Wang was whacked on Monday with a $10 million lawsuit from Philadelphia-based hedge-fund manager Andrew Barroway and his company, NY ICE, for backing out last-minute on the corporation’s agreement to purchase the Isles for $420 million.

In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Barroway's corporation blames Wang’s “about-face” on a whimsical case of “seller’s remorse” directly influenced by the “unrelated news” of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer’s $2 billion bid to buy the NBA’s Clippers from Donald Sterling, the team’s embattled, soon-to-be-former owner.

Persisting report of the Islanders being sold to an "unknown group."

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Huh.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1899742

Pretty scheisty. Wang offers to sell the team at an agreed price, sees the Ballmer buy the Clippers for $2B, and then jacks up the price on his franchise.

Persisting report of the Islanders being sold to an "unknown group."

Please please please let this turn into one last complete islanders cluster ######. Enough to distract both management and players for one more season.

Whats the breakdown..$2 a game or so if you get CI and watch the games...the NBC Sports network carries a few that ypu may miss and NHL network is gratis if you've CI. Why all the hub bub? I've had CI for years and find that the price is fine for what you get. Games every night league wide.. sounds like pure ass hattery to clog the system with

The hubbub is probably for those of us who don't have cable. I understand why the set up is the way it is, but it'd be great for me if I didn't have to figure out some way to watch 10-12 games (4 Flyers games are on Comcast sports, 4-6 on VS or NHL Network, and one or two on NBC) per year that I can't watch on the Gamecenter package that I paid good money for. I can watch the NBC games on antenna but it's old school to not be able to pause or have to catch the game in real time. :) Not to mention the only playoff games I can watch are over the antenna, as every other game is on cable somewhere. Another wrinkle is for awhile Comcast/The Flyers refused to license the games to any of the local competing operators (FIOS, Direct TV); if you were in this area it was Comcast or no Flyers (not that I particularly care, of course, but for my hockey-fan friends it sucked a lot).

As someone said upthread, I doubt it'll change anything but it'd be great for me if it did.

Imagine, if you will, if our centers wind up being:

McDavid (via Islanders) - Reinhart - Girgenson - Grigorenko (if he develops like he could)

Those pivots are all a direct result of Darcy's moves:

Trading Vanek - Creating the ###### Roster we had last year and hiring Rolston - Trading Goose, then trading up - and taking the risk on the Russian

Essentially all Murray will have to do is find a goalie and start sizing rings.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Imagine, if you will, if our centers wind up being:

McDavid (via Islanders) - Reinhart - Girgenson - Grigorenko (if he develops like he could)

Those pivots are all a direct result of Darcy's moves:

Trading Vanek - Creating the ###### Roster we had last year and hiring Rolston - Trading Goose, then trading up - and taking the risk on the Russian

Essentially all Murray will have to do is find a goalie and start sizing rings.

Again, Ullmark.

As for the rest, you are giving DR far to much credit. He had know way of guessing the Islanders would be bad last year and push off their pick to 2015 with again a possibility of being terrible. Last year when he made that trade all indications pointed to the Islanders trending upwards. Also Kevin Devine's influence on our draft picks can simply not be understated. Also, Grigorenko developing properly would be a direct result of what Nolan/Murray do because DR was jerking Grigs chain around for months. Reinhart was solely Murray/Devine's pick.

DR was fine at drafting but he was terrible at team building, hence the reason we have a new GM. Darcy was not and will never be a big picture guy.

As for the rest, you are giving DR far to much credit. He had know way of guessing the Islanders would be bad last year and push off their pick to 2015 with again a possibility of being terrible. Last year when he made that trade all indications pointed to the Islanders trending upwards. Also Kevin Devine's influence on our draft picks can simply not be understated. Also, Grigorenko developing properly would be a direct result of what Nolan/Murray do because DR was jerking Grigs chain around for months. Reinhart was solely Murray/Devine's pick.

I don't want to argue much about this, because giving Regier credit for next year's roster isn't accurate, but I do want to moderate this statement at least a little. Regier hired Devine and trained him. It also doesn't require a crystal ball to figure out the Islanders blow enough ass to give you a good draft pick- with the exception of the shortened 2012 season, they've finished bottom-five every since 2007.. (side note on Grigorenko: I don't care- no crimes committed, and he's moving forward just as the franchise is)

Regier (and his moves) will have a lasting impact for a while that is simultaneous with the impact of Tim Murray's actions. Not naming names, people who give John Muckler much of the credit for building the '99 SC Finals team should be capable of thinking this way.

Deadline for Black Hawks to sign Kevin Hayes is Saturday and it seems unlikely he will sign with them before deadline passes.

Could really add to the prospect pool although I'm guessing Buffalo is a long shot.

Why a long shot? He has a chance to make the NHL team his first year here.

Why a long shot? He has a chance to make the NHL team his first year here.

The flip side is the small chance he gets stuck in the middle of a deep prospect pool and never getting a big shot.

Edited by Tankalicious

The flip side is the small chance he gets stuck in the middle of a deep prospect pool and never getting a big shot.

That's why he doesn't want to sign with Chicago to begin with, too. But here, I think he could play in Buffalo in October. Kind of like the Ruhwedel situation.

Edited by Eleven

I've been out of touch with a lot of the happenings this offseason and one name just popped into my mind. Has there been any chatter at all about anyone giving Marty Brodeur a shot?

Only been linked to the wild, but they are seeing what harding and backstrom can do first, so i doubt he has a place anywhere untill some goalies go down.

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.