Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Selanne's jersey is going to be retired tonight. First in Anaheim history. I am not sure if any one else ever wore #8 in Anaheim history, Selanne joined the team 2 years after it was created.

Tim Sweeney, 93-95

Chad Kilger, 95-96

Teemu Selanne, 96-01, 06-14

Sandis Ozolinsh, 02-06

Selanne's jersey is going to be retired tonight. First in Anaheim history. I am not sure if any one else ever wore #8 in Anaheim history, Selanne joined the team 2 years after it was created.

Three others wore it. Tim Sweeney, Chad Kilger and Sandis Ozolinsh.

Hey, did Abe Lincoln get shot? Eleven got it.

Edited by Tank

I watched the Ducks-Jets game last night while doing some other things. Man, those two teams hate each other and are eager to drop the gloves. Not sure if it's on ongoing thing or just the fact that they played a home-and-home on consecutive nights. But they HATE each other. Made for some good watchin'. Carruba would be proud.

I watched the Ducks-Jets game last night while doing some other things. Man, those two teams hate each other and are eager to drop the gloves. Not sure if it's on ongoing thing or just the fact that they played a home-and-home on consecutive nights. But they HATE each other. Made for some good watchin'. Carruba would be proud.

The Ducks are a surprisingly dirty team considering all the skill they have. I get the feeling the other Western Conference teams don't really like those guys.

I thought the Selanne ceremony was well done. Being shown on NHL network you want to put on a good show. You think the Sabres can match that? Given their production issues with their games this year I am doubting it.

I thought the Selanne ceremony was well done. Being shown on NHL network you want to put on a good show. You think the Sabres can match that? Given their production issues with their games this year I am doubting it.

The Sabres are the worst at these things. OK, that might be harsh. They are not good at it.

No not kind of. The Toronto Maple Leafs recalled William Nylander. They then turned around and assigned him to the AHL.

Exactly. That's the "kind of." If you just leave it at what you said then it means that he's on the Leafs right now. Which isn't true and it's strange that you didn't mention it.

It's like saying "I ate the banana." Then following up with "I actually just peeled it and put it back."

Exactly. That's the "kind of." If you just leave it at what you said then it means that he's on the Leafs right now. Which isn't true and it's strange that you didn't mention it.

It's like saying "I ate the banana." Then following up with "I actually just peeled it and put it back."

I didn't mention it because it hadn't happened yet. Someone, JohnnyDangerFace, added to what I said 2 hours later when it was revealed he would be assigned to the AHL. So you see there wasn't a reason to correct my post because someone had already added to said information. Leafs recalled him, that information was what I had at time of posting, so I posted it. So basically everything you posted after that was superfluous really.

I didn't mention it because it hadn't happened yet. Someone, JohnnyDangerFace, added to what I said 2 hours later when it was revealed he would be assigned to the AHL. So you see there wasn't a reason to correct my post because someone had already added to said information. Leafs recalled him, that information was what I had at time of posting, so I posted it. So basically everything you posted after that was superfluous really.

I never saw any reports suggesting anything other than him being recalled for the purpose of going to the AHL, for the record.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.