2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Unfortunately some of our OHL prospects have been cooling off lately.

Baptiste with 2 goals and 1 assist in the 7 games he's played with Erie. I watched last nights game against the Gens and he looked ok but was unable to get on the score sheet. I imagine he will start ripping it up once McDavid gets back as he's projected to be on a line with him.

Bailey has 1 goal and is a -10 over his last seven games.

Small sample sizes and I'm sure they will bounce back as they are good players with Bailey having an excellent year before this rough patch.

They're just kids. Inconsistency is to be expected.

Weekly Prospect Report

"Sam Reinhart (2014, first round) amassed two goals and two assists last week to extend his point streak to 14 games since his return from Buffalo. The ICE captain cashed the game-winning goal on the power play in Friday’s 2-1 win over Spokane. Reinhart wasted no time producing in Saturday’s rematch with the Chiefs, picking up a goal and an assist on his first two shifts as the ICE held on for a 3-2 victory. Reinhart closed the three-game weekend on Sunday with a shorthanded helper in a 5-4 loss at Tri City, leaving him with eight goals and 27 points in his first month of WHL duty while guiding the surging ICE to an 11-3 record."

Reinhart has been great in his return. It was expected but nice to see him going down there and ripping it up.

There is talk he will be Team Canada's captain and I can't wait to see how he looks in this prestigious tourney.

Edited by Derrico

Weekly Prospect Report

"Sam Reinhart (2014, first round) amassed two goals and two assists last week to extend his point streak to 14 games since his return from Buffalo. The ICE captain cashed the game-winning goal on the power play in Friday’s 2-1 win over Spokane. Reinhart wasted no time producing in Saturday’s rematch with the Chiefs, picking up a goal and an assist on his first two shifts as the ICE held on for a 3-2 victory. Reinhart closed the three-game weekend on Sunday with a shorthanded helper in a 5-4 loss at Tri City, leaving him with eight goals and 27 points in his first month of WHL duty while guiding the surging ICE to an 11-3 record."

I have kind of bashed Reinhart a little but those numbers are hard to ignore. Good for him. Like the fact he went back to juniors and tore it up. Some kids would have went back and sulked.

Yea basically.

I just find it amazing how reactive this fan base is based on recency bias and small samples for our prospects. Grigorenko was a bust because of a struggles early on, Reinhart didn't score during his tryout, etc. Heck, there were times when Brayden McNabb was hailed as our next great dman because he threw some big hits in a few spot starts.

It's important to keep in mind that most of these players are teenagers/early 20's. Players change and develop as they grow. The pedigree of player and multiple seasons of stats should be considered before passing quick judgement.

I just find it amazing how reactive this fan base is based on recency bias and small samples for our prospects. Grigorenko was a bust because of a struggles early on, Reinhart didn't score during his tryout, etc. Heck, there were times when Brayden McNabb was hailed as our next great dman because he threw some big hits in a few spot starts.

It's important to keep in mind that most of these players are teenagers/early 20's. Players change and develop as they grow. The pedigree of player and multiple seasons of stats should be considered before passing quick judgement.

Fans are knee jerk in sports. Always. Tank was ready to abandon the tank after a 7 game spurt of variance.

I have kind of bashed Reinhart a little but those numbers are hard to ignore. Good for him. Like the fact he went back to juniors and tore it up. Some kids would have went back and sulked.

GREAT point made here. Says a lot about his hockey-character.

GO SABRES!!!

He is sulking. Imagine the numbers he would be putting up if he wasn't a slow, soft spoiled Hodgson clone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.