2014-2015 Roster

Stads

There are obviously going to be changes made to this roster before the start of next season. I have no idea what the free agency plan is or if they might make any draft day trades. I thought I'd try to guess the opening night roster for next season. I know I'm going to be way off, but here goes nothing:

Forwards

Hodgson- Girgensons- Stafford ( Really hope he gets traded and we sign Callahan or some other free agent)

Ennis- Reinhardt or Bennett- Stewart

Foligno- Flynn- Conacher

No clue on 4th line (hopefully doesn't include John Scott)

Defense:

Ehrhoff, Myers, Ristolainen, Pysyk, Weber, Zadorov

I realize the line combinations will be much different, but I tried to predict which forwards might be on the team.

Hey its never to early to start this thread :)

let's just look at everyone who is a possibility:

LW

Ennis (RFA)

Deslauriers

Conacher (RFA)

Foligno (RFA)

Scott (UFA)

C

Girgensons

Mitchell

Konopka (UFA)

Ellis

Larsson (Prospect)

RW

Hodgson

Stewart

Stafford

Flynn

D'Agostini (UFA)

LD

Ehrhoff

Tallinder (UFA)

Weber

McCabe (prospect)

Sulzer (UFA)

Zadorov (prospect)

RD

Myers

Mcbain (RFA)

Pysyk (prospect)

Ristolainen (prospect)

Ruhwedel (RFA - prospect)

G

Neuvirth

Enroth

My guess (no free agents or draft picks included, only with what we have)

Ennis - Girgensons - Hodgson

Foligno - Larsson - Stewart

Conacher - Mitchell - Stafford

Deslauriers - Konopka - Flynn

Ehrhoff - Myers

Tallinder - Pysyk

Weber - Mcbain

Neuvrith

Enroth

My guess (no free agents or draft picks included, only with what we have)

Ennis - Girgensons - Hodgson

Foligno - Larsson - Stewart

Conacher - Mitchell - Stafford

Deslauriers - Konopka - Flynn

Ehrhoff - Myers

Tallinder - Pysyk

Weber - Mcbain

Neuvrith

Enroth

If this is the team, how could Timmay look a camera in the lens and say he didn't plan to tank the season away?

I don't know why, but i'm not excited about Stewart. I wouldn't be upset to see him gone.

I don't want anything to do with Callahan. Don't need a high priced guy without much (if any) upside left. Whatever contract he likely signs, it will not be worth it at the end of the deal. Overpay someone now, make sure you aren't taking a big cap hit on an older play just about the time you want the Sabres to be good.

Erhoff I wouldn't mind seeing gone, if the deal is right.

I'm actually OK with John Scott on this team next year. I'm not a hockey scout, but when I saw him play, he wasn't 100% terribly awful to the point of utter futility. If this team is going to lose agian next year to get a higher pick, then have him around, he can play F or D so in case of a rash of injuries that 'versitility' may prevent you from having to call up too many players from Rochester that you don't wan to call up.

he wasn't 100% terribly awful to the point of utter futility.

yes, yes he was. and furthermore, though entirely unfair to Scott, he is a detriment to the team just by being the ice. he is called for penalties for literally doing nothing, kicked out of games for jawing at people, and the ONE time he does deliver a questionable hit, he is nailed with a ludicrous suspension for a first time offender. the NHL is prejudice against John Scott, he will never be given the benefit of the doubt -- in fact quite the opposite. i want no part of him moving forward. by all accounts he is a good locker room guy, but it's really just not worth having him on the team if every time he steps on the ice he is going to be unjustly called for a penalty.

the team will be bad next year and it does make sense to keep Scott around for the reasons you mentioned, but i think it would be better for the long term future of the team to call up young players from rochester when injuries occur rather than fill the hole with some 4th line plug. Armia, zadorov, deslauriers, larsson, mccabe have had little to no NHL ice time, and most (if not all) of them will be starting the season in Rochester. If the plan is to start really competing in the 2015-16 season, we're going to want these guys to have at least a little experience in the NHL heading in. Getting these guys a taste of the NHL level is probably more beneficial than putting John Scott in the lineup to "intimidate" or whatever. But hey, if they want to re-sign him for another year, i won't be super upset -- as long as he's gone before the 2015 season.

There are obviously going to be changes made to this roster before the start of next season. I have no idea what the free agency plan is or if they might make any draft day trades. I thought I'd try to guess the opening night roster for next season. I know I'm going to be way off, but here goes nothing:

Forwards

Hodgson- Girgensons- Stafford ( Really hope he gets traded and we sign Callahan or some other free agent)

Ennis- Reinhardt or Bennett- Stewart

Foligno- Flynn- Conacher

No clue on 4th line (hopefully doesn't include John Scott)

Defense:

Ehrhoff, Myers, Ristolainen, Pysyk, Weber, Zadorov

I realize the line combinations will be much different, but I tried to predict which forwards might be on the team.

Not sure this lineup gets us to the cap floor.

Seeing how deep these playoff teams are and looking at what we have...it don't look good for next year!

Solid investigative work haha

If this is the team, how could Timmay look a camera in the lens and say he didn't plan to tank the season away?

GMTM has balls and doesn't give a ######.

GMTM has balls and doesn't give a ######.

Not sure how active TM will be on the trade and FA market yet but I thought I'd take a crack at what next years roster could look like just for fun so here goes...

Ennis-Stastny-Stafford

Hodgsons-Girgenson-Stewart

Deslariers-Larssons-Foligno

Mitchell-Ott-Flynn

xScott

Ehrhoff-Pysyk

Tallinder-Myers

Weber-Ristolainen

xRuwhedel

Neuvirth

Enroth

I threw in a couple FA signings to help in getting to the cap floor, no idea if TM will target them or if Stastny would be willing to sign with Buffalo, could be a year or two early for any real interest in coming here but this would make for an interesting lineup.

On offense

Hodgson- Girgensons- Ennis I think Ennis and Hogson have a better chemistry

Mitchell - Reinhardt- Stafford (I too hope is is gone, insert a FA equivalent or better even Callahan to help with Cap floor.

D'Agostini- Ott- Flynn

Deslauriers- Larssons- Foligno (Mitchell looks lazy, send him to Rochester and bring him up if needed.)

X-Konopka and Scott

Can't see Sabres keeping Conacher, didn't show enough at the end. Any thoughts on Baptiste making it up to the big club if he has a run like he had in last year's preseason?

On D

Ehrhoff-Ristolainen

Pysyk-Myers

Weber-McCabe

x-Tallinder, Also try out big Z for as many games as he has left before sending him back down.

This team still won't be able to score, but can't see them going out to lunch either.

If you thought about replacing Erhoff, Zidlicky on the Devils had 30 Assists and is a FA. Trade Erhoff for a young gun and Draft pick in 2015 and sign Zidlicky. There are only two other D with more points and goals and I can't see Niskanen or Markov being able to walk from their respective teams.

Edited by Icehole

Holy ###### this team sucks.

lol well put sir, well put!

On offense Hodgson- Girgensons- Ennis I think Ennis and Hogson have a better chemistry Mitchell - Reinhardt- Stafford (I too hope is is gone, insert a FA equivalent or better even Callahan to help with Cap floor. D'Agostini- Ott- Flynn Deslauriers- Larssons- Foligno (Mitchell looks lazy, send him to Rochester and bring him up if needed.) X-Konopka and Scott Can't see Sabres keeping Conacher, didn't show enough at the end. Any thoughts on Baptiste making it up to the big club if he has a run like he had in last year's preseason? On D Ehrhoff-Ristolainen Pysyk-Myers Weber-McCabe x-Tallinder, Also try out big Z for as many games as he has left before sending him back down. This team still won't be able to score, but can't see them going out to lunch either. If you thought about replacing Erhoff, Zidlicky on the Devils had 30 Assists and is a FA. Trade Erhoff for a young gun and Draft pick in 2015 and sign Zidlicky. There are only two other D with more points and goals and I can't see Niskanen or Markov being able to walk from their respective teams.

Baptiste will maybe see 2 games or something like that at the very beginning of the season but that is highly doubtful. Most likely Scenario for him is that he plays another full year of Juniors and maybe sees the AHL after his Junior season ends. Remember Baptiste is young for his draft class and won't even be 19 until August. Another year in the OHL will be good for him.

Why do people want Conacher back, other than he is a Canisius product? And, why do people want D'Agostini back? These guys are dime-a-dozen players.

I agree, he didn't do much with the playing time that he was given. Not that it was a lot. But really, he's a completely replacable option (Conacher). D'Agostini was a fine piece IMO, but I don't care either way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.