First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Luckily we don't all turn into habs fans because the Canadians are the only team in the show. I'm pretty sure hockey fans in Canada will watch the games even without a Canadian team to cheer. I hate the Habs and so do most people I know. Looks like they might sweep, bastards.

Mais qui aurions-nous, autre que les Candiens? Les Jets? Non, les Canucks? Deux nos. Les feuilles? Même pas possible. Lorsque Buffalo est sorti, je vais racine pour les Canadiens. (Je ne pense pas qu'ils vont gagner, si.)

Non-translation: I really like this Habs team. Not dirty, and they play real hockey, and I just like 'em. Same with Detroit. These are the types of teams that I want to see in Buffalo. Exciting hockey with good defense, good goaltending, and good offense. I really hate the "beat the hell out of 'em" philosophy that seems to succeed in those smelly cities near the Atlantic.

EDIT: Downtown Philly really doesn't smell as bad as Boston or Manhattan. I don't know if they pipe Glade in through the streetlights, but they seem to get away with it.

Edited by Eleven

Non-translation: I really like this Habs team. Not dirty, and they play real hockey, and I just like 'em. Same with Detroit. These are the types of teams that I want to see in Buffalo. Exciting hockey with good defense, good goaltending, and good offense. I really hate the "beat the hell out of 'em" philosophy that seems to succeed in those smelly cities near the Atlantic.

EDIT: Downtown Philly really doesn't smell as bad as Boston or Manhattan. I don't know if they pipe Glade in through the streetlights, but they seem to get away with it.

Truth is as many as I know that hate them there's just as many love them. A few friends I know bleed for that team. I've always hated the forum bias thats really being noticed in this playoff. Calls should go both ways and might even out in a 7 game series but this ones probably only going 4 and the habs have benefitted from some bad calls in the first 3. Well, especially tonight. C'est la vie.

Edited by bunomatic

Has anyone heard any news on the Backes injury?

San Jose is just embarrassing LAK at this point, 7-2 in the closing minutes of the third.

You've got Philly and Chicago at home, but it should be NY and St. Louis.

My picks:

San Jose

My first round winner are:

San Jose

Gotta give credit where it's due, good call

God I love what San Jose is doing LA in this series. Good for them to "possibly" get a series defining win. Not that I hate Jon Quick or anyone really on that roster, but if there's a harder working player than Couture, I'd like to know. From the outside looking in this playoffs has been fun so far. From the Colorado series to SJ ripping up Quickie. Here's hoping that St. Louis can shut Chicago up in their own arena on Monday night.

Edited by TheCerebral1

My only question is are there any teams in the East that can compete with the Bruins nasty and still have enough skill to put the puck in the net.

The Wings need some more tough D and really miss Zeterberg.

Columbus is still too young, but that is the only team I think could give the Bruins a run for their money.

Tampa isn't there without Bishop. Maybe the Canadians with the refs helping.

I would say the Rangers, but they play one tough game and one soft so not really and the Flyers don't have enough depth scoring to make it happen.

The Burgh, while skilled, is sleep walking on this one. Malkin seems wholly uninterested and I can't see them beating Columbus.

Edited by Icehole

Anybody else think Lucic is going to be neutered cause he knows/thinks the ref will call anything little infraction on him?

Damn that goal sucked.

Quick question, if you ice the puck whislt on a delayed penalty, where does the faceoff go?

It's just outside the offensive zone. Like an offsides. I'm pretty certain.

I wonder if the calls will change in Round 2. The officiating does seem suspect this post-season. A little more loose. Lots of hits that are a good 2-3 seconds after the puck has been moved. Non-sense stuff that people have pointed out here as well. And.. there's some really great hustle and some creativity with players too.

Anybody else think Lucic is going to be neutered cause he knows/thinks the ref will call anything little infraction on him?

Damn that goal sucked.

Quick question, if you ice the puck whislt on a delayed penalty, where does the faceoff go?

Post-penalty faceoff rules supercede icing - the faceoff comes back to the defensive zone of the team going on the PK

Bryzgalov pulled for Minnesota's first home game against the Av's, I wonder how much they regret not getting a better substitute for Harding now. They have to at least make the series go to 7, if not win it. They can't have another flop out like they did last season, not with all of the deals they keep making.

No surprise but Backes is out for the Blues too. Big loss for them, I think Chicago makes the series tight tonight

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Here is the Blues' projected lineup:

Steve Ott - Alexander Steen - T.J. Oshie

Jaden Schwartz - Vladimir Sobotka - Vladimir Tarasenko

Brenden Morrow - Patrik Berglund - Ryan Reaves

Chris Porter - Maxim Lapierre - Adam Cracknell

Jay Bouwmeester - Alex Pietrangelo

Barret Jackman - Kevin Shattenkirk

Jordan Leopold - Roman Polak

Ryan Miller

Brian Elliott

Scratched: Ian Cole, Carlo Colaiacovo, Derek Roy, Magnus Paajarvi, Dmitrij Jaskin, Niklas Lundstrom

Injured: David Backes (upper body)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.