Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Likely more of the obvious change from a long-time coach to a new voice.

The QB play is the reason Florida went from consistent contender for BCS Bowls to BCS Championship winners.

And Florida is the perfect poster child for why winning in college is neither here nor there when projecting NFL success.

I have not seen anything out of EJ that would make me think he is the quarterback of the future.

That being said he needs this year and probably next to prove me wrong. The knee injuries he suffered certainly set him back last year, but the coaching staff did not do him any favors either.

Having a Rookie Offensive Coordinator also be the QB Coach as well was a huge mistake IHMO. Plus having him run a no huddle quick tempo offense as a rookie was a mistake , he should have had his rookie year to learn how to read NFL Defenses in a more traditional offense then introduce the no huddle this season.

Either way the Bills should draft a QB in the second or third round in 2015.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Let me know when he leads a team to the Stanley Cup like he was supposed to.

Dude put up a lot of points. Big deal.

So there's never been a great player on any Sabre roster ever? Even those guys that won it somewhere else, does this mean that they were never great while they were here?

Let me know when a team wins a cup without a few dudes putting up a lot of points.

The LA Kings were 25th in Goals For last year, scoring 61 fewer goals than #1 ranked Chicago. Their leading scorer, the only one in the NHL top 30 in points, didn't even score 30 goals last season.

But yeah, Thomas Vanek matters.

So there's never been a great player on any Sabre roster ever? Even those guys that won it somewhere else, does this mean that they were never great while they were here?

What does this have to do with the all time roster?

The LA Kings were 25th in Goals For last year, scoring 61 fewer goals than #1 ranked Chicago. Their leading scorer, the only one in the NHL top 30 in points, didn't even score 30 goals last season.

But yeah, Thomas Vanek matters.

Feel free to pretend they win the Cup without acquiring Gaborik if you want. But much like the Carter acquisition a couple years ago, picking up a high end goal scorer put them over the top.

Feel free to pretend they win the Cup without acquiring Gaborik if you want. But much like the Carter acquisition a couple years ago, picking up a high end goal scorer who actually scores when it matters put them over the top.

Fixed that for you. How'd TV do in Montreal?

What does this have to do with the all time roster?

The comment that he wasn't great because he never "lead them to a Cup like he was supposed to". But to the point you just made, I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the 2014 Buffalo Bills. Anyway, that same logic says that Kelly, Thurman and co. were not great players.

I shouldn't attempt to jump into already ongoing discussions, but this not being any good because you didn't win idea drives me crazy.

Brady Quinn:

"As was once told to me by a prominent Super Bowl winning (and now retired) NFL head coach, it takes three years to evaluate whether a QB can play in the league. The first year he’s still learning the offense and getting adjusted to the various defenses he will face from week-to-week. The second year he’s beginning to mesh with the personnel around him and gaining confidence in his ability to succeed at this level. The third year is when he should be able to flourish in the offense and win you games. If he doesn’t, well… then you know you’re either shopping for or drafting a QB for the following season."

http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/start-the-carr-the-case-for-starting-rookie-quarterbacks

3 years. It is standard.

Fixed that for you. How'd TV do in Montreal?

Vanek has 30 points in 53 playoff games, Carter has 72 in 111, and Gaborik 57 in 80. They're not exactly blowing him out of the water, especially if you normalize for ice time. And Vanek did just fine in Montreal until the genius coach decided to keep him stashed on the 4th line. And if you want to break it down, both Carter and Gaborik had some stinker playoff years themselves. ###### happens over small samples.

Brady Quinn:

"As was once told to me by a prominent Super Bowl winning (and now retired) NFL head coach, it takes three years to evaluate whether a QB can play in the league. The first year he’s still learning the offense and getting adjusted to the various defenses he will face from week-to-week. The second year he’s beginning to mesh with the personnel around him and gaining confidence in his ability to succeed at this level. The third year is when he should be able to flourish in the offense and win you games. If he doesn’t, well… then you know you’re either shopping for or drafting a QB for the following season."

http://www.footballb...ie-quarterbacks

3 years. It is standard.

You're going to pit Glass' affection for ND alums against his judgment that EJ is not good enough? That's just cruel.

Can a Glass, divided against itself, stand?

You're going to pit Glass' affection for ND alums against his judgment that EJ is not good enough? That's just cruel.

Can a Glass, divided against itself, stand?

The article sounded a lot like Brady Quinn crying into his O'douls whimpering about how he could have made it if he'd only been given the chance. I was at Notre Dame with Brady Quinn. He's so polite and hard working and perfect you can't help but grow to hate him with every fiber of your soul.

The article sounded a lot like Brady Quinn crying into his O'douls whimpering about how he could have made it if he'd only been given the chance. I was at Notre Dame with Brady Quinn. He's so polite and hard working and perfect you can't help but grow to hate him with every fiber of your soul.

he's a non-drinker?