Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

And yet he still won 9 games. With only minor improvements next year, we're an 11 win team. But why mess with progress when we can just take a chance and try to win the lottery?

Even with "minor improvements" the Bills can end up 5-11. You just can't assume that the 2015 season is going to play out as this one did and you can just add a win or two to the total. Are the Bills going to beat a 11 win team next season because their kicker misses all of his field goal attempts? The year to break the playoff drought was this season and coaching was big factor in why it didn't happen.

Even with "minor improvements" the Bills can end up 5-11. You just can't assume that the 2015 season is going to play out as this one did and you can just add a win or two to the total. Are the Bills going to beat a 11 win team next season because their kicker misses all of his field goal attempts? The year to break the playoff drought was this season and coaching was big factor in why it didn't happen.

We should frame this post. Amen.

Soooo... Twitter is going crazy with rumors that Bill Cowher is in Buffalo right now. If he is there is no way this has anything to do with the HC position. Way too quick.

Brian Blessing, a sports talk show host in Vegas and odds maker, apparently said that he thinks Cowher will be the next coach (probably just a wild guess).

We could also have easily ended up 13-3 this year. I don't care about hypotheticals. You are right about coaching costing us, but he is a second year year coach. I would think that next year he would be even better, just like we expect from the players.

All I'm saying, like Tom Webster, is that it better be a proven name. I don't want to roll the dice on another "let's hope this guy has it", only to watch him struggle in his rookie coaching year.

Soooo... Twitter is going crazy with rumors that Bill Cowher is in Buffalo right now. If he is there is no way this has anything to do with the HC position. Way too quick.

Brian Blessing, a sports talk show host in Vegas and odds maker, apparently said that he thinks Cowher will be the next coach (probably just a wild guess).

If it's Cowher, then,... nevermind.

Ed Kilgore.

Ed's lips are entrenched more solidly than that kid's tongue on the lightpole in Christmas Story.......

It is interesting though.... your NHL team president, NFL head coach, and starting quarterback all quit on you with an average of less than 20 games served....and on an upswing from the norm....

Ed's lips are entrenched more solidly than that kid's tongue on the lightpole in Christmas Story.......

It is interesting though.... your NHL team president, NFL head coach, and starting quarterback all quit on you with an average of less than 20 games served....and on an upswing from the norm....

I was thinking the middle person in Human Centipede, with us fans bringing up the rear (pun intended).

Nah, I'm okay with this. I'm sure Pegula met with Marrone and he probably told him changes were coming. I wasn't too impressed with Marrone's game management, not at all sorry to see him go. What I think TPegs learned from the Sabres experience is that when you take over the team, you clean house. He should have done it earlier with the Sabres; he's doing it right away with the Bills. I agree with the move; the offense wasn't getting there and there's an urgency to improve with the defense the Bills already have. A passable offense makes this a playoff team.

I see Polian coming back, and Frank Reich as the next head coach.

I'm not aware of another NFL team ever being so frequently and so openly shunned by actual and potential coaches.

So far the Mickey Mouse routine is still on.

Happy new year to all.

Has the shunning been confirmed? This story is 24 hours old. Are you just referring to Marrone leaving? He's a buffoon. He did the Bills favor.

We could also have easily ended up 13-3 this year. I don't care about hypotheticals. You are right about coaching costing us, but he is a second year year coach. I would think that next year he would be even better, just like we expect from the players.

All I'm saying, like Tom Webster, is that it better be a proven name. I don't want to roll the dice on another "let's hope this guy has it", only to watch him struggle in his rookie coaching year.

If it's Cowher, then,... nevermind.

"Proven" coaches get hired all over the NFL and fail. What the Bills need to find is the Right Coach proven or otherwise. One thing we found out over the last two seasons was that Marrone was not the the Right Coach. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Has the shunning been confirmed? This story is 24 hours old. Are you just referring to Marrone leaving? He's a buffoon. He did the Bills favor.

I'm not referring to anything post-Marrone, but him, Mularkey, Chuck Knox, the parade of guys -- including assistants! -- who declined to be interviewed before they hired Chan Gailey...it's pretty much unprecedented.

"Proven" coaches get hired all over the NFL and fail. What the Bills need to find is the Right Coach proven or otherwise. One thing we found out over the last two seasons was that Marrone was not the the Right Coach. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Thank you! The next coach being a proven winner is essentially meaningless to me because history tells us it is meaningless.

I'm not referring to anything post-Marrone, but him, Mularkey, Chuck Knox, the parade of guys -- including assistants! -- who declined to be interviewed before they hired Chan Gailey...it's pretty much unprecedented.

If you are talking about a span of years like that, I can't see it being unprecedented. Every franchise has gone through their dark days. Granted, on the average the Bills are behind the curve but they are headed in the right direction again. Let's hope TP swings for the fences though and brings in someone with successful head coaching experience. Now is not the time to take a step back with some assistant going through on the job training.

Edited by tom webster

"Obviously, being obvious in the context of the situation... it was obviously the best and obvious decision" Doug Marrone

and yet 4th and 1, down by 14 with 8 minutes to go wasn't...

Buh bye

Edited by wjag

"Obviously, being obvious in the context of the situation... it was obviously the best and obvious decision" Doug Marrone

and yet 4th and 1, down by 14 with 8 minutes to go wasn't...

Buh bye

His decision to leave really is a microcosm of all of those whimpy 4th down decisions: When the chips were down, Marrone let his fear drive him. Good luck Jets fans (not really).