Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

They need to hire someone like Cowher or Tony Dungy to decide whether to keep Whaley and Brandon and to sign off on all major moves.

@ByTimGraham: Well-placed source: Polian's decision on Bills shifted in past day. Major factor in change of heart was talking to Marrone, who ripped org.

Me: Brandon and Whaley must go.

Organization=Pegulas?

Could we do this, and get Briles/Malazahn to fill in as OC? I doubt they'd want to leave a prominent HC position in the NCAAF for OC in the NFL though.

You're right. No chance they leave college for an OC spot.

Since there aren't ry any offensive-minded candidates that are particularly appealing from the NHL level I would prefer to give strong looks to Briles, Malzahn, Sumlin and Shaw. The last two likely not leaving the college ranks yet.

Edited by Tank

Organization=Pegulas?

I think so. They didn't give him what he asked for. He wanted an extension for himself and his assistants and the Pegulas to him to go piss up a flagpole. Naturally he got all huffy puffy and cried foul to Polian.

I think so. They didn't give him what he asked for. He wanted an extension for himself and his assistants and the Pegulas to him to go piss up a flagpole. Naturally he got all huffy puffy and cried foul to Polian.

If he did go crying to Polian it didn't matter to Bill. His problem. Was that he want interested in a long term position. Marrone simply leaving was all it took to turn Polian away. He just wasn't interested in a big workload, which I think is completely understandable.

I hope Marrone goes to the Jets. Eff him.

If he did go crying to Polian it didn't matter to Bill. His problem. Was that he want interested in a long term position. Marrone simply leaving was all it took to turn Polian away. He just wasn't interested in a big workload, which I think is completely understandable.

I hope Marrone goes to the Jets. Eff him.

Too much of a workload, huh? Or Polian is just saying that to look good and he really knows that everything Marrone ripped them for was true and decided to not walk into this ###### show.

Just saying it's a possibility.

I don't see what the big deal is. Polian is 72 and his statement about not wanting to preside over a complete overhaul of the team and staff (at that age) makes a ton of sense.

Polian was great for Buffalo in the late 80's. But, better to invent the future than try to relive the past.

I don't see what the big deal is. Polian is 72 and his statement about not wanting to preside over a complete overhaul of the team and staff (at that age) makes a ton of sense.

Polian was great for Buffalo in the late 80's. But, better to invent the future than try to relive the past.

But what does it tell us that Pegula wooed him? And LaFontaine?

Clearly. he's no Levy

The big deal isn't that Polian wouldn't come here. The big deal is that this team, in the course of a few days, went from a team on the upswing that just missed the playoffs, to what you just called a "complete overhaul of the team and staff". WTF!

Edited by SwampD

The big deal isn't that Polian wouldn't come here. The big deal is that this team, in the course of a few days, went from a team on the upswing that just missed the playoffs, to what you just called a "complete overhaul of the team and staff". WTF!

Except that's what everyone's been expecting for the last couple of years with a new owner coming to town.

That he's nostalgic.

As are most of the posters on this forum.

Nope. Overhaul of the staff. Nothing has changed, team-wise. (Orton was never more than a placeholder.)

But what does it tell us that Pegula wooed him? And LaFontaine?

Here's my concern.....

When Pegula took over the Sabres, the only real change that happened was Ted Black replacing Larry Quinn. The same greasy PR types were kept on an praised......heck, Pegula was calling Mike Gilbert, "Gibby", at the press conference. For as much as I bash Darcy for his lack of guts and team building, he has a mind for a budget and business, and survival. Pegula would follow Darcy around like a puppy dog at first. I am not being funny, I saw it myself...almost in a trance. Benson is his best buddy. I think it is obvious that Pegula can be influenced by business types who "play nice".

So.....what do we have with the Bills? Russ Brandon....enough said....I respect his mind and business ability, but he doesn't really eat, sleep, and sh!t, football. Overdorff is still there.....Bertchold is still there.......as much as I didn't like Marrone's downstate schtick of, "I'm one of you guys! I'm a New Yorker!", when he first got here....the guy DOES take his job seriously. He is a ball of focused stress on gameday...I learned that his first preseason. He almost takes things too seriously. The guy aged a decade in 2+ years. You can knock his style and decision making....but I don't think you can knock his passion. I wish he would have talked to his team in a more realistic tone about things before leaving as I am sure he had his mind made up.....but he did breathe the game while here.

Marrone is gone....Polian was ready to come and bailed......the starting QB retired at a shade over 30 yo....all within 72 hours......

I appreciate the financial outlay Mr. Pegula has made in keeping the city alive.....but I just picture that bag of Cupcake Goldfish being eaten in amazement.....