Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Ignoring the bills for a second, from a sabres perspective, would tp buying the bills be a good thing, negative thing or neutral?

Some positives include an nfl team bringing in huge revenues he could possibly redirect to the sabres. However money hasn't been an issue so far. Negative includes this taking his full attention away from the sabres organization.

Ignoring the bills for a second, from a sabres perspective, would tp buying the bills be a good thing, negative thing or neutral?

Some positives include an nfl team bringing in huge revenues he could possibly redirect to the sabres. However money hasn't been an issue so far. Negative includes this taking his full attention away from the sabres organization.

Isn't that what everybody seems to want? His attention away from the team? He could just sign whatever comes across his desk and everybody would be happy.

He could trade CJ Spiller and Sammy Watkins for the first overall pick in next year's NHL draft. Looks good to me.

In spite of what some people think, the Sabres are not his only business or private interest. The Bills will just be another part of his portfolio.

In spite of what some people think, the Sabres are not his only business or private interest. The Bills will just be another part of his portfolio.

Stop it. He spends every waking moment micro-managing the Sabres and you know it.

I could see a majority of the Carolinas, or Arizona, among others, being more than happy gaining those two for that pick... :P

If they weren't in the same division in both sports I could see boston. Imagin Brady throwing to Watkins?!

Just saw it reported on espn. Three bids entered: Bon Jovi, Pegula, and Trump. According to their sources Trump won't get into a bidding war because he's only in it to turn a profit, and because Pegula is so liked and Jovi isn't, the general consensus is that Pegula is the front-runner so far.

If Pegula buys the Bills and keeps them here, I think it's safe to say the Trial of Terry Pegula is over with

On the radio early this AM, I was hearing there were 10-14 preliminary bids submitted to Morgan Stanley. Any word on the source of the quote that there were only 3 bids? (Mainly getting at, are there really only 3 bids, or are there only three bidders that spoke to ESPN?)

If there truly are only 3 bids, it's looking encouraging.

Toronto group can't match Pegula's first bid on Bills: Sources

http://www.torontosu...n-bills-sources

Figures that Pegula bid $1.3B

Bon Jovi could only gather up to $1.0B and would be stretched to go higher

Trump speculated to have bid anywhere from $0.7-1.1B.

Outstanding.

In a related note: I was hanging out with some family members over the weekend who are from Toronto, and one of them asked me how I felt about Bon Jovi. Without thinking about it, I reflexively answered: "I hope he burns in hell."

As scornful as I have been about the Bills' organization, they are still my team.

GFY, JBJ.

Toronto group can't match Pegula's first bid on Bills: Sources

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/30/toronto-group-cant-match-pegulas-first-bid-on-bills-sources

Figures that Pegula bid $1.3B

Bon Jovi could only gather up to $1.0B and would be stretched to go higher

Trump speculated to have bid anywhere from $0.7-1.1B.

Hopefully Kryk has the story correct.

If he does, it looks like TP is well on his way to being Buffalo's non-undercapitalized Donner. :thumbsup:

As someone living near T.O. I can safely say that I am with the majority that want the Bills to stay in Buffalo. The Toronto series was an utter failure and after attending two games I can say that I would MUCH rather make the trip down to Buffalo for the game. The drive really isn't that bad and the vast majority of the time the boarder isn't bad either (except American or Canadian thanksgiving, I'll never go to another Bills game either of those weekends.)

Fwiw, Tim Graham just tweeted:

5f2e8f1b4685dd0380c60e8950336cec_bigger.jpegTim Graham@ByTimGraham

Two sources deeply plugged into the Bills sale process have told me every bid number that has been reported so far is wrong.

I think this was always the case. The bidding process is highly secretive and tightly controlled by Morgan Stanley. Morgan Stanley certainly isn't going to disclose to the press private bidding information. Likely the only way the press can know anything is if one (or more) of the bidding parties publicly discloses their bid amount... and they have no real incentive to reveal their true bidding amount in doing so...

I think this was always the case. The bidding process is highly secretive and tightly controlled by Morgan Stanley. Morgan Stanley certainly isn't going to disclose to the press private bidding information. Likely the only way the press can know anything is if one (or more) of the bidding parties publicly discloses their bid amount... and they have no real incentive to reveal their true bidding amount in doing so...

Unless you are Terry Pegula, you know you out bid all the turdbags from Jersey, and you have ZFG. Then you tell the Buff News exactly how much money is in the safe you're about to drop on ###### Bon Jovi, Wyle E. Coyote style.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

As someone living near T.O. I can safely say that I am with the majority that want the Bills to stay in Buffalo. The Toronto series was an utter failure and after attending two games I can say that I would MUCH rather make the trip down to Buffalo for the game. The drive really isn't that bad and the vast majority of the time the boarder isn't bad either (except American or Canadian thanksgiving, I'll never go to another Bills game either of those weekends.)

It may never be like WNY, but I think the whole experience would be much better if the Bills were Toronto's team. For example, I'd be far more excited if Blue Jays relocated to Buffalo than if they gave us a token game at the ballpark.

It may never be like WNY, but I think the whole experience would be much better if the Bills were Toronto's team. For example, I'd be far more excited if Blue Jays relocated to Buffalo than if they gave us a token game at the ballpark.

Although this may be true. The only way they would make the experience close to what it's like in orchard park is if they relaxed the public drinking laws and built a nice new stadium that would have to be in the burbs. But even then I still wouldn't want to even imagine how high the avg ticket cost would be.