Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

If the NFL didn't force the Jags to move through the ownership process, they're not going to force the Bills to move. I'm sure some owners would prefer it, but they're not going to go out of their way to make it happen.

Mhm.

The NFL can and will use LA for as long as it can. Owners will threaten to move there if they don't get public funding. Look what the NBA is doing with Seattle.

If the NFL didn't force the Jags to move through the ownership process, they're not going to force the Bills to move. I'm sure some owners would prefer it, but they're not going to go out of their way to make it happen.

I think you are semi-right here, but there is a necessary inference of "all other things being equal," or something like that -- because by far the biggest point in Buffalo's favor is the presence of a stinking rich guy who is willing to spend economically irrational amounts to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo. In other words, I don't think we'll find out what the NFL would've done if, say, the JBJ bid had been $1.3B and the TP bid had been $800MM -- and I'm extremely relieved that the NFL won't be forced to answer that question for us.

Separately, regarding the stadium construction cost issue, there was an interview on WGR recently with a pretty solid football guy who said he expected a new WNY stadium to cost in the $900MM ballpark, depending on how tricked-out it is. (I realize the impact of this post is substantially reduced by the lack of a link or even the guy's name, which I can't remember, but I made a mental note to mention it, so there it is.)

If a team in buffalo is worth $1B, that same team in a huge market (Toronto, LA, Mexico City, etc.) will be worth $2B+.

None of this will convince the owners to bite the PR bullet and force a move, but the owners long term financial interest is squarely in favor moving a small market team into one of the unserved large North American media markets.

Dude.

Are you sure you want to keep your member title as is?

Ah, my title! not my name, I get it now.

I'll keep it for now. I got nothing against JBJ.

I went to college in the early 2000s. even if he bought the bills and moved them, on net, he would be associated with happy memories.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Ah, my title! not my name, I get it now.

I'll keep it for now. I got nothing against JBJ.

I went to college in the early 2000s. even if he bought the bills and moved them, on net, he would be associated with happy memories.

What on earth did he do in the early 2000s that was notable? :) Mid-80s, maybe, even early 90s, Sure.

What on earth did he do in the early 2000s that was notable? :) Mid-80s, maybe, even early 90s, Sure.

Every party soundtrack at every (middle class, primarily white) college party at that time had 3 songs: Livin' on a Prayer, Don't stop Believing, and Fight for Your Right

Every party soundtrack at every (middle class, primarily white) college party at that time had 3 songs: Livin' on a Prayer, Don't stop Believing, and Fight for Your Right

That sounds gayer than eight guys blowing nine guys (not that there's anything wrong with that). To each his/her own.

Any time one of those songs came on at a party in college that was usually my cue to leave that party. A bunch of well-to-do college kids singing about "the struggle" was always too carelessly ironic for me to handle.

That sounds gayer than eight guys blowing nine guys (not that there's anything wrong with that). To each his/her own.

Any time one of those songs came on at a party in college that was usually my cue to leave that party. A bunch of well-to-do college kids singing about "the struggle" was always too carelessly ironic for me to handle.

Sheesh ...

One good one in that lot.

I'll let you decide which one.

Meh, I find it really hard to judge the actions of a bunch of 20-year-olds just trying to get laid.

Remember, this was a time when the commercial music was all free, but before Pandora introduced us to all the stuff the labels weren't putting on the radio.

Sheesh ...

Don't Stop Believing was the last song at my wedding; right after the polkas. I get that. I guess my college parties were "too close" in the 90s, I don't remember hearing those songs that often. But. oh, what other things I don't remember [bUH-DUH-BUM].

Don't Stop Believing was the last song at my wedding; right after the polkas. I get that. I guess my college parties were "too close" in the 90s, I don't remember hearing those songs that often. But. oh, what other things I don't remember [bUH-DUH-BUM].

Wrong, nothing personal ...

Sheesh ...

Beastie Boys was the only decent one on the list. I went to college in early 2000's as well but Journey and Bon Jovi was never on the play list. Usually metal, punk rock, or classic rock (Zeppelin, Stones, etc.) when it was my place or one of my buddies and either some sort of rap, reggae, or dance music if we hit up a random party to mingle with coeds from other circles.

My favorite "gay" quote courtesy of Artie Lange when he was on Stern, in reference to show producer Gary "BabaBooey" Dell'Abate's embarrassing first pitch at a Mets game:

"That's the gayest thing that I've ever seen..... and I once saw a guy suck a cokc"

If a team in buffalo is worth $1B, that same team in a huge market (Toronto, LA, Mexico City, etc.) will be worth $2B+.

You basically made my point, but you missed the cities. If an NFL team located in Buffalo is worth $1B... teams in Dallas, NYC (kind of), Chicago and other big cities will be worth billions. And that's what matters.

You basically made my point, but you missed the cities. If an NFL team located in Buffalo is worth $1B... teams in Dallas, NYC (kind of), Chicago and other big cities will be worth billions. And that's what matters.

The team is worth a billion in buffalo whether there is a team in buffalo or not. It's inconsequential.