Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Did the ESPN report include the amounts? I know Pegula bid over $1B; it's whether or not the bid is $1.3B that I'm looking for confirmation on.

Not that I saw; it was only a 15 second cameo the Bills were allowed in between Manziel reports. There's nothing on their site either.

I guess I chose a great day to go see their camp today :beer:

There's been multiple reports out there all quoting the same source for the $1.3B bid. Nobody is reporting anything for the other two bids. seems odd to me. I'd really like to know where TP stands in relation to NJ rat's bid.

I saw $1.2B for the Bon Jovi group.

Just saw it reported on espn. Three bids entered: Bon Jovi, Pegula, and Trump. According to their sources Trump won't get into a bidding war because he's only in it to turn a profit, and because Pegula is so liked and Jovi isn't, the general consensus is that Pegula is the front-runner so far.

If Pegula buys the Bills and keeps them here, I think it's safe to say the Trial of Terry Pegula is over with

You'd think so, innit?

And yet something tells me certain people will continue to grind the paranoid, fear-and-loathing-of-the-wealthy axe.

yes you're right every time you say this everyone just hates rich people because they have money and we don't mhmmmm there's no other reason than that and no straw man at all

Not everyone feels this way, but some people do. And I don't know the reason, nor have I speculated about it.

yes you're right every time you say this everyone just hates rich people because they have money and we don't mhmmmm there's no other reason than that and no straw man at all

Speaking of people who abuse their power for their own personal gain at the expense of others. You may not want to be so brazen when pointing out the blatant failures of El Modérator's arguments.

:w00t:

Not everyone feels this way, but some people do. And I don't know the reason, nor have I speculated about it.

I guess I just have never met any of them, and I don't want to be rude I just think it sounds extremely condescending and doesn't accurately represent the anger against "the 1%" that I have heard people debate for years, and I deleted the post because it also doesn't belong in this thread and I'm sorry for that!

Speaking of people who abuse their power for their own personal gain at the expense of others. You may not want to be so brazen when pointing out the blatant failures of El Modérator's arguments.

:w00t:

:P I hope he doesn't get mad, I enjoy reading here and posting scarcely and don't want to get banned, and love nfreeman's input on every topic aside from this remark heehee Edited by Arcsabresfan41

You'd think so, innit?

And yet something tells me certain people will continue to grind the paranoid, fear-and-loathing-of-the-wealthy axe.

I thinks it's more we've been shat on so many times nobody can believe a good situation when it presents itself, even if it comes with a billion-dollar gift-wrap

If true I'm putting on my wife's lipstick, best dress and ###### me pumps and terry can have his way with me.

Gives a whole new meaning to Terry's Natural Gas pipe-lines

You'd think so, innit?

Yeah, but,... do the mineral rights under the Ralph transfer to the new owner?

So I had heard something about Bon Jovi's group looking around Toronto for stadium sites, which would eliminate him from contention due to lease requirements? Is there anything to that?

I don't think it would eliminate him, it would just cost them a huge penalty for breaking the lease. I forgot the actual sum, but I think it's $400 million

So I had heard something about Bon Jovi's group looking around Toronto for stadium sites, which would eliminate him from contention due to lease requirements? Is there anything to that?

It certainly doesn't help them. They were doing site studies, however this can likely be explained away since it was the Roger's Group that was doing the studies and was prior to them being a part of the group that included Bon Jovi and Tannenbaum.

Recap:

Buffalo Bills franchise auction transcript:

Bon Jovi: ###### Buffalo, I'll move the team to Toronto. I bid $1.2 Billion.

Andre Reed: "Man, ###### Bon Jovi." (actual quote)

Terry Pegula: Yeah, ###### Bon Jovi! I bid $1.3 Billion!

Donald Trump: ###### this, I was only in it for the profit.

I don't think it would eliminate him, it would just cost them a huge penalty for breaking the lease. I forgot the actual sum, but I think it's $400 million

There is no "get-out-of-Buffalo" fee. The lease is the lease. Even the NFL signed off on it. The $400MM fee comes in only if a court rules that the lease can be broken. And the court would be in Erie County. Good luck.

I am surmising that the lack of bids in terms of quantity is an indication that Pegula means business and has the wealth, liquidity and the hometown interests that will make it very difficult for another owner to make a winning bid without seriously overpaying. This may have scared off some of the other potential bidders that may want an NFL team but decided to wait it out until the next team is on the market.

1.3B.. Egad.. Terry does remember that his kids were infants the last time this team was even remotely fun to watch?

If Buffalo sells for 1.3B, then the Cowboys must be worth double that.

Edited by wjag

1.3B.. Egad.. Terry does remember that his kids were infants the last time this team was even remotely fun to watch?

If Buffalo sells for 1.3B, then the Cowboys must be worth double that.

How many NFL teams have been up for sale in the last 10 years? Its a supply and demand thing more than anything else. You want an NFL team as a billionaire you better not miss the opportunity that is presented when one is available.