Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

What are the odds that Dareus grows up, dedicates himself to his profession and becomes a top-5 DT? I'd say 10% at best.

What are the odds that he spirals downward from here, never regains his form of last year and is out of the league in 3-4 years a la Mike Williams (the former Bills OT, not other 23 Mike Williamses who have populated the NFL)? I'd say 25%.

What are the odds that he never gets his act together, never gets in really good shape, never stops getting baked as often as possible and more or less continues along as he is now -- i.e. an occasionally good-to-very-good player who is often just OK, usually in the coach's doghouse and occasionally suspended? I'd say 65%

What are the odds that a mid-2nd-rounder from next year's draft is a better NFL player than outcome #2 or #3 above?

Dareus is already borderline top-5 DT. He had the most stops against the run of any tackle in the league, and 7.5 sacks against the pass. He was PFF's #6 DT on the season. His personal life is concerning, but you need to wake up to the reality of his abilities, because he's pretty damn good.

WIthout looking: is it the Modell grave article?

And if the Bills were to be moved (not happening, seriously), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I wanna believe this, but how can you be so sure 11?

Reading sh!t like this today sure doesn't make me feel any better :(post-516-0-09061800-1406245630_thumb.jpg

I wanna believe this, but how can you be so sure 11?

Reading sh!t like this today sure doesn't make me feel any better :(post-516-0-09061800-1406245630_thumb.jpg

It should make you feel better. If proven to be true then NYS can and will pursue legal action against the group. The lease agreement states that potential buyers cannot express an interest in moving the team or explore avenues to do so. They have done just that. It'll kill their group.

It should make you feel better. If proven to be true then NYS can and will pursue legal action against the group. The lease agreement states that potential buyers cannot express an interest in moving the team or explore avenues to do so. They have done just that. It'll kill their group.

I did a little research on that, and they explored the sites something like 12 - 18 months ago, however, it still hurts their cause (which is good IMHO).

I really hope the new owner doesn't preach the importance of the team to WNY and then up and leave in the middle of the night in 2020 ala Baltimore.

If the Toronto group buys the team, the odds are at least 75% that they move to Toronto eventually.

Don't kid yourself.

I'd say that, at the absolute least, the chances of the Toronto group moving the team are about 99.9999999%. Probably higher.

I'd say that, at the absolute least, the chances of the Toronto group moving the team are about 99.9999999%. Probably higher.

If Judge Dredd has taught us anything, it's that on a long enough timeline, all sports teams will be relocated to either Mega City One, Uranium City, or Texas City.

I will allow that several sports teams will potentially be contracted when Mega City Two is destroyed to end the Zombie Apocalypse.

If Judge Dredd has taught us anything, it's that on a long enough timeline, all sports teams will be relocated to either Mega City One, Uranium City, or Texas City.

I will allow that several sports teams will potentially be contracted when Mega City Two is destroyed to end the Zombie Apocalypse.

Which teams go to Cursed Earth?

I haven't really been following football lately, so I figured I would dip in to the NFL network just to see what was going on. Apparently, there is this kid, he's a QB,… his name is Johnny Maziel.

Count Andre Reed in the group of people who hate Bon Jovi

"Man, f--- Bon Jovi!” Reed said. "You might as well just take this city, throw it in the river, and let it go down Niagara Falls."

http://espn.go.com/b...rds-on-bon-jovi

And the ban of Jovi's music has taken on a new life too

So Pellien got together with some friends earlier this summer and came up with an idea: ban Bon Jovi music.....To his surprise, the ban caught fire. It began with a couple of bars and grew to a list of more than 200 places, including gentlemen's clubs and even radio stations in the area. A bar with the appropriate name "GFY" is on the list, and a server named Tammy picked up the phone on Sunday and was happy to talk about the situation. "Nobody wants to lose their team," she said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/banned-in-buffalo--movement-among-bills-fans-gives-bon-jovi--his-music-a-bad-name-220255703-nfl.html

Edited by WildCard

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 1h

Woah. RT @NewsRadio930 @BfloBizJimFink says he's been told the Pegula bid for the #BuffaloBills is $1.3 billion.

Now, this seems a little odd to me, because I haven't seen Jim Fink himself tweet about this, and the article on Buffalo Business First's website is attributed to staff, not Fink, and doesn't mention 1.3B.

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 1h

Woah. RT @NewsRadio930 @BfloBizJimFink says he's been told the Pegula bid for the #BuffaloBills is $1.3 billion.

Now, this seems a little odd to me, because I haven't seen Jim Fink himself tweet about this, and the article on Buffalo Business First's website is attributed to staff, not Fink, and doesn't mention 1.3B.

$1.75B June Land Sale - 25% Cap Gains Tax = $1.3B bid on the bills

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports 1h

Wow.

To me, that is TP saying "I'm buying this team, so the rest of you can BTFO."

Zero F---s Given.

They ain't goin' anywhere.

Halle-freakin-lujah.

Wow.

To me, that is TP saying "I'm buying this team, so the rest of you can BTFO."

Zero F---s Given.

They ain't goin' anywhere.

Halle-freakin-lujah.

I'm not believing it until I see it come directly from Fink or some other reputable source.

I'm not believing it until I see it come directly from Fink or some other reputable source.

Just saw it reported on espn. Three bids entered: Bon Jovi, Pegula, and Trump. According to their sources Trump won't get into a bidding war because he's only in it to turn a profit, and because Pegula is so liked and Jovi isn't, the general consensus is that Pegula is the front-runner so far.

If Pegula buys the Bills and keeps them here, I think it's safe to say the Trial of Terry Pegula is over with

Just saw it reported on espn. Three bids entered: Bon Jovi, Pegula, and Trump. According to their sources Trump won't get into a bidding war because he's only in it to turn a profit, and because Pegula is so liked and Jovi isn't, the general consensus is that Pegula is the front-runner so far.

If Pegula buys the Bills and keeps them here, I think it's safe to say the Trial of Terry Pegula is over with

Did the ESPN report include the amounts? I know Pegula bid over $1B; it's whether or not the bid is $1.3B that I'm looking for confirmation on.

Edited by Eleven