Special Teams

Power Play

1st unit: Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis McBain-Ehrhoff

2nd unit: Foligno-Ott-Stafford McNabb-Myers

OTTAWA SENATORS

Projected Lineup

16 Clarke MacArthur – 19 Jason Spezza ("C") – 6 Bobby Ryan

9 Milan Michalek – 7 Kyle Turris – 22 Erik Condra

14 Colin Greening – 15 Zack Smith – 25 Chris Neil ("A")

28 Matt Kassian – 93 Mika Zibanejad – 89 Cory Conacher

X: 68 Matt Hoffman

3 Marc Methot – 65 Erik Karlsson

4 Chris Phillips ("A") – 77 Joe Corvo

2 Jared Cowen – 46 Patrick Wiercioch

X: 62 Eric Gryba

40 Robin Lehner

41 Craig Anderson

Ted Nolan changes Sabres’ lines; Brayden McNabb to return Tuesday

BEYOND THE BOARDS: HARD WORK PAYS OFF FOR GIRGENSONS

Game Preview: 12/10/13 vs. Ottawa Senators

Senators, Sabres begin home-and-home series

Despite losses, Sabres feeling good again, believe they’re on right path

Ted Nolan Press Conference (12/9/13)

12/10 Ted Nolan on the Howard Simon Show

Press Clips: 12/10/13 vs Ottawa Senators

Senators at Sabres Game Notes PDF

Gameday Preview: Senators at Sabres

Ted Nolan Press Conference (12/10/13)

Drew Stafford Interview (12/10/13)

Brayden McNabb Interview (12/10/13)

Tyler Ennis Interview (12/10/13)

Sabres’ Ville Leino to sit tonight, not sure what Ted Nolan wants from him

Dec. 10: Paul MacLean Pregame

THE MORNING SKATE: McNABB READY TO STEP BACK IN

Dan Dunleavy previews Tuesday night's game against the Senators at First Niagara Center

Teppo Numminen Interview (12/10/13)

Post-Game Links

GIRGENSONS, MILLER LEAD SABRES IN SHOOTOUT WIN OVER SENS

Highlights of Buffalo's 2-1 SOW vs Ottawa

Dan Dunleavy recaps the Sabres 2-1 shootout win against the Senators

Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 shootout win against the Senators

Christian Ehrhoff speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 2-1 shootout win against the Senators

Ryan Miller speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 shootout win against the Senators

Zemgus Girgensons speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 shootout win against the Senators

Watch the shootout between the Ottawa Senators and the Buffalo Sabres on 12/10/13

NHL Hockey Ops explains No Goal Review

DoPS Video: Jared Cowen Suspended 2 Games

Not expecting much, but I hope they play well. Still have a glaring need at #1 center and for a couple guys who can score. I think it is time to cut your losses on the moody Stafford and who knows what he is in Leino. I kinda like the guy, but the bottom line is he isn't scoring. Still, I will probably catch the game.

Wonder how the Tim Murray interview's going?

PLF: So Tim, we need you to accept the coach in place and the tank philosophy for two more years.

TM: Why?

PLF: We hope to win the lottery two years from now so we can be good 4 years from now.

TM: What are the terms of my contract

PLF: 4 years

TM: Where do I sign?

PLF: So Tim, we need you to accept the coach in place and the tank philosophy for two more years.

TM: Why?

PLF: We hope to win the lottery two years from now so we can be good 4 years from now.

TM: What are the terms of my contract

PLF: 4 years

TM: Where do I sign?

That is so perfect, well done!

As always I'm sure I'll watch the game but don't know what to expect. We're obviously a terrible hockey team but Ottawa has not been playing lights out either. They're under .500 in the past 10 and are a beatable team. We've got two straight against Ottawa and then Calgary and Winnipeg in the next 4. I say we pick up four points over the next stretch of games.

Not expecting much, but I hope they play well. Still have a glaring need at #1 center and for a couple guys who can score. I think it is time to cut your losses on the moody Stafford and who knows what he is in Leino. I kinda like the guy, but the bottom line is he isn't scoring. Still, I will probably catch the game.

I feel like this is advocated every game or so. At this point, waiving Drew is pointless. Lets hope he goes on a 10 game tear right before the deadline and he gets move for a bag of pucks.

Scratched. Nolan is not happy with his lack of production. Also he was -2 vs the Habs.

Nolan's not happy with his effort in practice, either, per Hoppe and Harrington.

Nolan's not happy he's the coach...

Weber sits also.

This makes me happy. I like Weber, but if you're not producing, you're not producing. No free rides. Same goes for Ville.

My only semi-complaint is I'd rather see Ville on the wing with CoHo instead of D'Agostini (who I don't think much of).

I like the new top line of Moulson - Ennis - Gus a lot. Little Tyler is on his game as of late. That might help get Moulson some good looks around the net.

Another signing having "Darcy" stamped all over it.

Well... To be honest, every signing on this team has "Darcy" stamped all over it, except D'Agostini, but you guys know what I mean.

I think it has "Terry" stamped all over it, but as long as PLF's hiring fixed that, I'm prepared to let bygones be bygones. I've been good to Terry lately.

Gameday Preview: Senators at Sabres

ivVKFZjo0Z8cc.gif

The added intrigue in this matchup centers around news that Ottawa’s Assistant General Manager, Tim Murray, will be interviewing with the Sabres for their vacant General Manager position this week. So with this information, what better time than to introduce the inaugural Tim Murray Trophy – in which the loser of this week’s back-to-back Sabres/Senators games (through two losses or an aggregate score) would acquire or retain the rights to Ottawa’s assistant general manager Tim Murray?

Thanks to @bringbacklee for the image.

Kidding aside, much has been made over Buffalo’s due diligence in their search for a a new general manager and it remains to be seen in which direction they will go in. The hiring of Tim Murray, renowned for his player evaluation, would not only strengthen the Sabres, it would be a significant blow to their Atlantic Division rival.

Archived