New President of Hockey Operations, Presser @10:30 a.m.

spndnchz

Random thought: I wonder if the call to scratch Zadorov lately has been coming from the top. I wonder if Pegula wanted the decision on him to be reserved for the new coach/regime?

Maybe Grigorenko will get a shot to actually perform at the NHL level. I like what I see from him a lot more than others do. He'll stay up.

I do think it's time to send Zadorov back. Ristolainen down to Rochester for a decent chunk of the year isn't a bad idea. Larsson down as well. Call up Luke Adam, Brayden McNabb and Alex Sulzer.

Because they already said they're wearing them on November 24th before the season even started.

On my birthday? What the hell? :censored:

Risto to Rochester makes more sense. He needs to learn north American speed n style. Game is faster here. Outside of that. .. I agree.... Surprise!!!!!

Is this true? I thought with larger ice that the games in Europe would be faster.

How is that a swipe? Seriously? When certain people's whole m.o. is obsessing over Darcy I am genuinely curious about how this news affects them.

PTR

When certain people's m.o. is obsessing over Deluca and PA I am genuinely curious how this news affects them.

Anyone else curious as why Nolan came in as interim coach? I understand he wants back in NHL but seems odd he would accept a job for a few months with no promises. I think that the new GM will keep him on. If they wanted a coach for just the rest of the year they could have promoted Sacco, right? Just a thought.

Random thought: I wonder if the call to scratch Zadorov lately has been coming from the top. I wonder if Pegula wanted the decision on him to be reserved for the new coach/regime?

Maybe Grigorenko will get a shot to actually perform at the NHL level. I like what I see from him a lot more than others do. He'll stay up.

I do think it's time to send Zadorov back. Ristolainen down to Rochester for a decent chunk of the year isn't a bad idea. Larsson down as well. Call up Luke Adam, Brayden McNabb and Alex Sulzer.

They better move out one more defenseman if they're going to call up both Sulzer and McNabb from Rochester. There's no point to carrying 8 blue liners.

Edited by shrader

The page has been turned:

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres fans. Feel free to pinch yourself. Today is real. #NewEra #Blueprint

Ouch. Way to burn the guys that just got fired. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the move but that's a little too happy of what they did.

Agreed. Really douchey tweet from the team there.

Plus, they haven't done anything yet. Hiring two fan favorites from the 90s doesn't automatically turn the team around.

I don't think it's douchey at all. The tweet is directed at Sabres fans about something the overwhelming majority of them have been clamoring for. I'm sure any announcement made internally was done in a more professional manner.

Anyone else curious as why Nolan came in as interim coach? I understand he wants back in NHL but seems odd he would accept a job for a few months with no promises. I think that the new GM will keep him on. If they wanted a coach for just the rest of the year they could have promoted Sacco, right? Just a thought.

I think they had to bring in someone new, and Nolan, on an interim basis, was a great choice. They were in desperate need of a total culture change. That's what Nolan does.

From Nolan's perspective, I don't think anyone else was going to give him an NHL job. This at least puts him in front of NHL decision-makers for 3/4 of an NHL season. If the Sabres' new GM wants someone else -- at least Nolan will have a recent body of NHL work to sell himself to another team with.

I think they had to bring in someone new, and Nolan, on an interim basis, was a great choice. They were in desperate need of a total culture change. That's what Nolan does.

From Nolan's perspective, I don't think anyone else was going to give him an NHL job. This at least puts him in front of NHL decision-makers for 3/4 of an NHL season. If the Sabres' new GM wants someone else -- at least Nolan will have a recent body of NHL work to sell himself to another team with.

This is why I'm not so on board with bringing Nolan back. PR wise it will be a ###### storm if they let Nolan go again after such a short stint.

This is why I'm not so on board with bringing Nolan back. PR wise it will be a ###### storm if they let Nolan go again after such a short stint.

I'm sure Patty was very honest with Ted about no promises.

But I also think it's certain Ted will be doing whatever he can to hang on to the job.

And that definitely has potential to create some political issues.

I'm sure Patty was very honest with Ted about no promises.

But I also think it's certain Ted will be doing whatever he can to hang on to the job.

And that definitely has potential to create some political issues.

Absolutely.

I would hope though that Nolan has learned some lessons the hard way about politicking within an NHL organization. If he burns this bridge he'll never get another chance.

When certain people's m.o. is obsessing over Deluca and PA I am genuinely curious how this news affects them.

Oh, that stings, turning my own words on me. Clever.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do without being able to complain about those people's posts. How will I ever replace the 5-6 posts I've written on that topic over the last 5 years?

Just rewatched the entire press conference. TB loves to spin the PR wheel and that is clearly a part of his job. His bs was a little more nauseating than I remember. As for TP, thank god LaFontaine said NO to GM because it is clear TP is a fan boy with no clue how to run a hockey team and should be more hands off. Darcy being a yes man was terrible. Seeing LaFontaine correct Terry a couple times was good to see as well... someone needs to smack his hand every once and while and say NO! Ted Nolan is a new face to me because I was 10 when he was fired... I liked what he said and I like how he seems to understand that this situation is going to be hard. I was glad he didn't blab about working within a system or anything and was basically like we need to compete or we will lose. Good stuff, I recommend rewatching.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.