New President of Hockey Operations, Presser @10:30 a.m.

spndnchz

A great day for the Blue and Gold. I have to believe that Pat can bring in some strong GM candidates between his resume/reputation and Pegula's willingness to shell out money to try to build a winner. And with Nolan in as interim coach I may need to dust off the ole' "Hardest working team in hockey" plastic hard hat and satanic goathead jersey from the late 90s.

I just heard, unfortunately from a Rangers fan on my way home from work. Mostly football Giants and Jets fans where I am and I left my cell at home today.

My first reaction 10 minutes ago was f#$% yes. About time, now time to can Stafford. That being said, I like the idea of Nolan. He always was good with young developing teams as long as he stays away from the goaltenders wife. Guess that nixes honor Hasek any time soon...

Love the fact that La Fontaine is involved. From a P.R. standpoint this is a good move, practically I am not sure, but if Devine is running the scouting department, this is probably ok. Didn't take time to read the previous pages, just had express my reaction. Now to do my reading.

They were fired for poor job performance, whilst making a few million a year

I understand but it's not like if someone gets fired that you know that sucked at his job and an internal email is sent out saying "that POS is gone, have a great day". I think it's targeted more on the hiring than the firing but it's still a kick in the ass on the way out the door.

The sad part is those are usually the guys that get the promotions or are already near the top.

Edited by ROC Sabres

Is yours from that guy on reddit who made megaman sprites for all the teams? Cool stuff!

http://imgur.com/a/oiC5U

Yea, they are pretty great!

But yea this news really made my day. I was almost more concerned over Rolston than Darcy, as it was obvious this team just wasn't coached right (and that can hurt the development of young players)

Craig Button just said on NHL Live the Sabres should send Risto to Finland, Girgs to Roch, and Baby Z to London since none of them are NHL ready.

Yeah, his statement was something that many of us agree with... He said players that young don't learn by losing every night. Makes sense to me. Better they develop elsewhere until they're ready to play an "NHL-level game" on a nightly basis.

I'd send Risto to Rochester, Z back to London, and maybe Girgs back to Rochester in favor of one of the older guys. Grigo is a tough case. No way in hell he should have been kept with the Sabres last year. Now he is sort of stuck up here it seems. Can't be sent to Rochester, which is where he really belongs.

Give Teddy a few games to see what they've got, first.

But if he doesn't see what he needs to see, I have no problem seeing Porter, Adam, Sulzer and McNabb instead of Risto, Larsson, Girgs and Zadorov. The latter three are probably going to be better for it, and it's not like the Sabres are going to be any worse.

But for God sakes put Grigo in a position to succeed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.